Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the NFL: Week 1 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64864)

Chico23231 09-10-2021 09:50 AM

Re: Around the NFL: Week 1

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1289325]They had some real questionable coaching choices too. The worst was at the End of first half, going for a 60 yd fg when your kicker had missed an xp, they were lucky Brady didn't put points on the board from that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]

Totally agree.

Skinsfanok…totally forget about the Hail Mary…but that was a good return

I was up at 430am yesterday…couldn’t stay up for second half.

Seemed like the first half was long af…

Chico23231 09-10-2021 09:53 AM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1289326]Quinn must think Parson's is better at pass coverage than stopping the run, or Quinn is not very smart, because they were saying over and over about how Parson's was mostly in there on obvious passing downs, and that they were rotating Smith/Vander Esch with Parsons/Neal.[/quote]

I think I saw a post which was like Parson was target 5 times, gave up 4 passes for like 75 yards. Avg almost 20 per catch ain’t good

SunnySide 09-10-2021 10:02 AM

Brown, Diggs, kazee, Wilson = Boys secondary. Diggs is a 2020 2R but the rest are Troy Apke and Jeremy Reeves type late pick hopefuls.

There is no way the Boys can win consistently with that group.

Just makes sense to attack, attack, attack that secondary and stay away from LOS plays where D LAwrence and the LBs can make plays.

------------

Dak - he does a lot of things well. He does a good job of finding the open guy, he can throw accurate to an open guy, can scramble while keeping eyes down field ... but he doesnt really throw guys open, has some anticipation but mostly has to "see guy open" before he throws it.

Hes a solid tier 2 QB and Id love to have him here at like 28m per vs the 40M per .. but he doesnt have the elite pocket passer traits imo.

MTK 09-10-2021 10:02 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1289325]They had some real questionable coaching choices too. The worst was at the End of first half, going for a 60 yd fg when your kicker had missed an xp, they were lucky Brady didn't put points on the board from that.

Based on last night Dallas is who we thought they were. Dak is going to ball out and keep them in games, they have some nice weapons at WR, but ultimately they will be held back by a suspect D and subpar coaching.

punch it in 09-10-2021 10:08 AM

[QUOTE=MTK;1289332]Based on last night Dallas is who we thought they were. Dak is going to ball out and keep them in games, they have some nice weapons at WR, but ultimately they will be held back by a suspect D and subpar coaching.[/QUOTE]

Probably spot on but it was Tampa. Maybe their D isn’t that bad, but I hope it is!

EdmundDorf 09-10-2021 10:11 AM

Haven't seen the game yet, but relying on Parsons for Pass coverage sounds insane given his strengths and weaknesses and that he is a rookie. But when you consider the other options are Van Der Esch and Smith.... eeeh. Would have thought Cox would have got playing time in pass coverage that was what he was good at in college as I understand it. Good to know Dallas have hired another DC with a famous name but not much talent.

A little puzzled that TB didn't rush the ball more, the interior of the Dallas DL his nothing to be afraid of, and would have helped with the time of possession and keeping Dak off of the field.

Chico23231 09-10-2021 10:12 AM

[quote=SunnySide;1289331]Brown, Diggs, kazee, Wilson = Boys secondary. Diggs is a 2020 2R but the rest are Troy Apke and Jeremy Reeves type late pick hopefuls.

There is no way the Boys can win consistently with that group.

Just makes sense to attack, attack, attack that secondary and stay away from LOS plays where D LAwrence and the LBs can make plays.

------------

Dak - he does a lot of things well. He does a good job of finding the open guy, he can throw accurate to an open guy, can scramble while keeping eyes down field ... but he doesnt really throw guys open, has some anticipation but mostly has to "see guy open" before he throws it.

Hes a solid tier 2 QB and Id love to have him here at like 28m per vs the 40M per .. but he doesnt have the elite pocket passer traits imo.[/quote]

D Lawrence was wrecking shit last night. LVE and Jaylon Smith, these guys won’t be on the team next year…they are being transitioned off the team.

The only guy the Boys have in the secondary is Diggs, he’s legit. Like him

EdmundDorf 09-10-2021 10:19 AM

What did Gregory look like, is he earning his new contract?

CRedskinsRule 09-10-2021 10:32 AM

[QUOTE=MTK;1289332]Based on last night Dallas is who we thought they were. Dak is going to ball out and keep them in games, they have some nice weapons at WR, but ultimately they will be held back by a suspect D and subpar coaching.[/QUOTE]Sounds like the Tony Romo Era teams all over again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 09-10-2021 10:35 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1289339]Sounds like the Tony Romo Era teams all over again.

Agree, People forget how good Romo was

Chico23231 09-10-2021 10:51 AM

[quote=EdmundDorf;1289336]What did Gregory look like, is he earning his new contract?[/quote]

Well he jumped on a fumble like he saw a loose bag of brown swag weed.

skinsfaninok 09-10-2021 11:13 AM

lolol

MTK 09-10-2021 11:13 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1289339]Sounds like the Tony Romo Era teams all over again.

It's a classic Jerry run team.

All glitz and a HC that is basically a puppet for him.

CRedskinsRule 09-10-2021 11:22 AM

108 pass attempts between the two teams. 1 sack. That's pretty crazy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ruhskins 09-10-2021 11:34 AM

[quote=MTK;1289319]Dak is legit. Anyone who refuses to see it at this point is just a hater. What can you say about Brady? The guy is simply amazing and is showing no signs of slowing down. Wish I had Antonio Brown on my fantasy radar. He looked like the AB from his Pittsburgh days.[/quote]

This is why my dream scenario was for Jerry to eff things up and let him walk this offseason, and we could have picked him. I know it is was a pipe dream, but Dak in our team would have ridiculous.