Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Signing Adrian Peterson (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64151)

Chief X_Phackter 08-22-2018 05:47 PM

Re: Redskins Signing Adrian Peterson

[quote=skinsfan69;1198417]The comment about Snyder and Bruce was a joke. But as I've said there will be guys cut pretty soon that could help us and I've already given the Collins example. Also when CP got hurt I do remember Ledell Betts having a career year and Duckett was pretty much a non factor.[/quote]

Signing AP doesn't preclude the organization from continuing their attempts to improve the team. If someone better is made available down the road who they think can make the team better, I'm sure they will due their due diligence.

SkinsGuru 08-22-2018 06:11 PM

[quote=GridIron26;1198363]First of all, I do not condone AP's action at all. Second, what the article explained - it is about how AP was taught, the community around him gave children same or similar punishments. The most important thing (which I think lot of people were quick to disregard) is that AP showed remorse and changed his behavior after realizing that that kind of punishment is no longer acceptable today in this era. How some people react to AP, even after he admitted that it was a mistake - it is essentially like being angry at one person for learning what their parents taught that person. I can understand your respond if AP was like, "fuck you all, I'm going to do whatever I want", heck I would hate him if he said that but that is not the case.

Again, I emphasize I do not support any kind of abusive behavior/action regardless of reasons behind it.[/quote]

k . . . michael vick grew up in an area and setting in which dog fighting was perfectly acceptable and normal . . . he did years in prison for animal abuse . . . yet this as got nothing but a slap for CHILD ABUSE . . . and in no way . . . NONE, is it acceptable to make your 4 year old bleed all over his body including his balls . . . not even in his upbringing . . . tis BULLSHIT!!!

SkinsGuru 08-22-2018 06:15 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1198385]Did he already pay his debt legally and to the NFL? Yes.

Has he been accused of anything remotely close to this since then? No.

Ok, lets play some fucking football.[/quote]

actually . . . multiple women (girlfriends of his) have accused him of abusing their kids . . . women that were reaping the benefits of his wealth, then all of a sudden were scared shitless of him . . . SO YES HE HAS BEEN ACCUSED since then . . . he has just gotten smarter and how he does it . . . no marks, no evidence!!

SkinsGuru 08-22-2018 06:17 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1198398]For those vehemently opposed, how will it affect your rooting for the team? Hypothetically if the skuns were to win the NFC and AP was voted comeback player of the year, would you not join in the celebration?[/quote]

I am rooting for the team to suck horribly as long as he is in on the team and for the team to pay for hiring a POS like that in the first place. (GM, coaches, everyone . . . FIRED) I would rather they went 0 - 16 without him than 19 - 0 with him.

SkinsGuru 08-22-2018 06:19 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1198416]People seem to forget that Peterson played most of his games last season with an Arizona team that had the combination of Drew Stanton and Blaine Gabbert at QB.[/quote]

he also sucked in NO . . . behind a line that had no problem for blocking for their other two RB's

jamf 08-22-2018 06:42 PM

OMG People!

This is a one year rental for the much loved vet minimum!

If you didn't watch last weeks game, let me recap it for you:
CT: Didn't play because he's fragile and coming back from injury.
Kelley: 7 carries for 17 yards - HE SUCKS!
Perine: Injured
Marshall: Injured
Carter: Injured and cut - Injury settlement
Bibbs: 5 carries for 6 yards - HE ALSO SUCKS!

Our two healthy backs couldn't average 2 yards a carry combined.

This is a no risk, high reward situation.
Worst case, we cut him and it counts 600K against the cap.
Best case, he has a season like Marcus Allen when Allen went to the Chiefs.

Ruhskins 08-22-2018 07:48 PM

[quote=SkinsGuru;1198433]he also sucked in NO . . . behind a line that had no problem for blocking for their other two RB's[/quote]

He didn't suck in New Orleans, they just didn't give him the ball because they had a younger/better back in Ingram and the emergence of Alvin Kamara. And back then he was still expecting to be an every down back regardless of where he went.

This year is a completely different situation with him (taking the vet min, knowing he has to fight for a roster spot, taking any opportunity to play) and with our team (two healthy RBs).

sdskinsfan2001 08-22-2018 10:44 PM

[quote=SkinsGuru;1198432]I am rooting for the team to suck horribly as long as he is in on the team and for the team to pay for hiring a POS like that in the first place. (GM, coaches, everyone . . . FIRED) I would rather they went 0 - 16 without him than 19 - 0 with him.[/quote]

You actually going to watch every game and hope we lose or just not watch any games? Either way, you're gonna have a miserable season.

sdskinsfan2001 08-22-2018 10:47 PM

[quote=SkinsGuru;1198431]actually . . . multiple women (girlfriends of his) have accused him of abusing their kids . . . women that were reaping the benefits of his wealth, then all of a sudden were scared shitless of him . . . SO YES HE HAS BEEN ACCUSED since then . . . he has just gotten smarter and how he does it . . . no marks, no evidence!![/quote]

I'd have to look into it further. I don't remember hearing anything about it or remember it being discussed in news/around the NFL.

punch it in 08-23-2018 12:05 AM

Redskins Signing Adrian Peterson

[QUOTE=FrenchSkin;1198387]This how I feel about it.

This is why modern societies have justice systems, with professionals knowing the laws, studying the case, the defendant defending his case, a jury hearing all that for several days of trial before making a decision.

The internet courtroom would sentence everybody to life in a minute without having access to any element of the case...[/QUOTE]

Except that he admittedly beat the four year old with a stick. What other element of the case do we need to know? Lol. That he said he didnít know that wasnít normal? Come on.
Why is everyone acting like it is odd that it is difficult to root for a child abuser?
Schneed would root for a Skins running back if the dude raped his own mother, not because he is a bigger fan than you or me, but because he has no soul and was never shown affection as a child.

punch it in 08-23-2018 12:10 AM

[QUOTE=jamf;1198436]OMG People!

This is a one year rental for the much loved vet minimum!

If you didn't watch last weeks game, let me recap it for you:

CT: Didn't play because he's fragile and coming back from injury.

Kelley: 7 carries for 17 yards - HE SUCKS!

Perine: Injured

Marshall: Injured

Carter: Injured and cut - Injury settlement

Bibbs: 5 carries for 6 yards - HE ALSO SUCKS!

Our two healthy backs couldn't average 2 yards a carry combined.

This is a no risk, high reward situation.

Worst case, we cut him and it counts 600K against the cap.

Best case, he has a season like Marcus Allen when Allen went to the Chiefs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah as a football move, all personal feelings aside ( not that they do not matter, because they do), it is a no brainer.

punch it in 08-23-2018 12:21 AM

[QUOTE=CRedskinsRule;1198398]For those vehemently opposed, how will it affect your rooting for the team? Hypothetically if the skuns were to win the NFC and AP was voted comeback player of the year, would you not join in the celebration?[/QUOTE]

I really really hope we win the NFC, and im really really hoping that AP has nothing to do with it. But in the spirit of your question I would probably join in the celebration and let it be known to all my friends, family, co- workers, and all others who know im a Skins fan that it is really unfortunate that a child abuser had to be the one to take us back to the promised land.
Said it once, and Ill say it again, his performance on the field this year cannot change what he did, and his ultimate fate for his actions is in Gods hands. I dont think he will be let off the hook by the big guy upstairs for winning comeback player of the year so ....

FrenchSkin 08-23-2018 04:12 AM

[quote=punch it in;1198451]Except that he admittedly beat the four year old with a stick. What other element of the case do we need to know? Lol. That he said he didnít know that wasnít normal? Come on.
Why is everyone acting like it is odd that it is difficult to root for a child abuser?
Schneed would root for a Skins running back if the dude raped his own mother, not because he is a bigger fan than you or me, but because he has no soul and was never shown affection as a child.[/quote]

My point is not that with enough elements I might approve or be less disgusted by [B]what he did[/B]. I might not, what he did is [I][U][B]un-excusable[/B] under any circumstances.[/U][/I]

My points are:

1) I don't think it is [I][U]up to me to decide[/U][/I] if he paid enough or not for what he did

2) I don't think people should be [I][U]reduced to one thing they did[/U][/I], because:
a) people can be multiple things, [I][U][U]good and bad at the same time[/U][/U][/I]
b) people can [I][U]change[/U][/I]

3) I don't think people should be [I][U]eternally and publicly bashed[/U][/I] for something they did, especially once they paid for it, because it creates a [I][U]vicious circle[/U][/I] and I don't think it helps people becoming [I][U]better versions of themselves[/U][/I], thus neither does it help a [I][U]society becoming better[/U][/I].

4) I don't think [I][U]not ever being allowed to do your job again[/U][/I] should be part of any legal sentence, unless that job is a political one.

5) I have [I][U]absolutely no idea if any of the Redskins players are good people or not[/U][/I], having met and discussed with none of them. I root for this team, thus for the football performances of its players, not for their souls.

Now, I'm not denying your [I][U]right to not root for somebody[/U][/I] for any reason of your choice.
I'm just expressing my discomfort with today's common habit of everybody voicing opinions about an act and the person committing that act, without knowing a lot about neither of the two.