Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the League Week 4 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64699)

punch it in 10-01-2020 11:11 PM

Re: Around the League Week 4

Ok Rypien sucks too. Lol.

SFREDSKIN 10-01-2020 11:52 PM

Now you know why I can’t stand Gregg Williams, 6 personal fouls. Can’t control his defense.

skinsfaninok 10-02-2020 07:36 AM

The bottom 5 teams in the league all need QBs lol what a sad situation.

skinsfaninok 10-02-2020 07:37 AM

[quote=punch it in;1260965]Ok Rypien sucks too. Lol.[/quote]

He will end up a solid backup IMO, like a Kyle Allen

irish 10-02-2020 09:11 AM

[quote=MTK;1260914]lol if we're using the Jets as an example of a QB stuck on a bad team why doesn't the same apply to Haskins?[/quote]

It does. My point is that if Darnold or Haskins were on better run/coached organizations they could be better at this point. Unfortunately they are on two of the worst franchises in the NFL that have been terrible for a long time. Their chances of success are minimal.

AnonEmouse 10-02-2020 10:10 AM

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1260959]It's easy to look great in shorts and no defenders around.[/QUOTE]

Yup

Ruhskins 10-02-2020 10:17 AM

[quote=irish;1260998]It does. My point is that if Darnold or Haskins were on better run/coached organizations they could be better at this point. Unfortunately they are on two of the worst franchises in the NFL that have been terrible for a long time. Their chances of success are minimal.[/quote]

With Haskins, he was a rookie QB on a team whose coach (Gruden) did not want him and was not interested in developing. He then started in a handful of game under and interim coach and the remnants of a hastily put together team.

And this year, despite having a better situation in terms of coaching and to a better overall structure of the team (no more Bruce Allen), Haskins has been hindered by having a brand new coaching staff, no offseason, and a lack of weapons on offense.

Aside from Daniel Jones, I believe no other rookie or young QB in the league has gone through this.

Because of all of this, Haskins should be given most of the season to develop. I am concerned that this terrible starting situation, may have deeply affected and could lead to the team needing a QB next year (Giants will be QB shopping as well). But still, it doesn't help the team in the long term to pull the plug on Haskins early in the season.

AnonEmouse 10-02-2020 02:02 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1261007]With Haskins, he was a rookie QB on a team whose coach (Gruden) did not want him and was not interested in developing. He then started in a handful of game under and interim coach and the remnants of a hastily put together team.

And this year, despite having a better situation in terms of coaching and to a better overall structure of the team (no more Bruce Allen), Haskins has been hindered by having a brand new coaching staff, no offseason, and a lack of weapons on offense.

Aside from Daniel Jones, I believe no other rookie or young QB in the league has gone through this.

Because of all of this, Haskins should be given most of the season to develop. I am concerned that this terrible starting situation, may have deeply affected and could lead to the team needing a QB next year (Giants will be QB shopping as well). But still, it doesn't help the team in the long term to pull the plug on Haskins early in the season.[/quote]

Many won't but I agree.

irish 10-02-2020 02:43 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1261007]With Haskins, he was a rookie QB on a team whose coach (Gruden) did not want him and was not interested in developing. He then started in a handful of game under and interim coach and the remnants of a hastily put together team.

Because of all of this, Haskins should be given most of the season to develop. I am concerned that this terrible starting situation, may have deeply affected and could lead to the team needing a QB next year (Giants will be QB shopping as well). But still, it doesn't help the team in the long term to pull the plug on Haskins early in the season.[/quote]

I agree. He started in a bad situation and it didnt get much better considering he had no offseason to work with his new coaching staff and system. Its way too early to pull the plug on him.

MTK 10-02-2020 03:07 PM

As long as Gettlemen is calling the shots in NY I don't see him moving on from Jones so quickly unless he's a total bust this season. And since his name keeps coming up I don't think the Jets will move on from Darnold with his 5th year option coming up.

punch it in 10-02-2020 03:49 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1260980]The bottom 5 teams in the league all need QBs lol what a sad situation.[/QUOTE]

7 teams without a win

Jets - need a qb (dont think Darnold is the problem but they will take Trevor )

Giants - Same as above.

Cincy - not taking a quarterback

Texans - not taking a quarterback

Philly - i think they would take a quarterback if he is a cant miss prospect. Trevors a cant miss prospect.

Falcons - Ryan getting older - they would take Trevor.

Vikings - same as Ryan.

Of the one win teams I could see Carolina, Jacksonville, Denver, Detroit, and us all selecting him if he is there. That is ten teams in my opinion that are in play to be picking first, and that also need a quarterback.
My money says he will be a Jet.

Ruhskins 10-02-2020 03:58 PM

[quote=MTK;1261065]As long as Gettlemen is calling the shots in NY I don't see him moving on from Jones so quickly unless he's a total bust this season. And since his name keeps coming up I don't think the Jets will move on from Darnold with his 5th year option coming up.[/quote]

I forgot Gettlemen is running things in NY. Unless he's gone, Jones is staying put in NY.

AnonEmouse 10-02-2020 05:43 PM

[quote=punch it in;1261070]My money says he will be a Jet.[/quote]

My money would be on the Giants. Jets can put points on the board, Giants can't seem to. Then again, Giants would probably trade down than give up on Jones.

skinsfaninok 10-02-2020 06:08 PM

[quote=punch it in;1261070]7 teams without a win

Jets - need a qb (dont think Darnold is the problem but they will take Trevor )

Giants - Same as above.

Cincy - not taking a quarterback

Texans - not taking a quarterback

Philly - i think they would take a quarterback if he is a cant miss prospect. Trevors a cant miss prospect.

Falcons - Ryan getting older - they would take Trevor.

Vikings - same as Ryan.

Of the one win teams I could see Carolina, Jacksonville, Denver, Detroit, and us all selecting him if he is there. That is ten teams in my opinion that are in play to be picking first, and that also need a quarterback.
My money says he will be a Jet.[/quote]

Yeah I don't see the Jets winning more than 1-2 games, and also they need to change their ugly ass logo and uniforms.. Good lord that's hard to look at

KI Skins Fan 10-03-2020 08:14 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1261080]Yeah I don't see the Jets winning more than 1-2 games, [B]and also they need to change their ugly ass logo and uniforms[/B].. Good lord that's hard to look at[/quote]

What, you don't like the color Phlegm Green?