Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Coroner: Ryan Dunn Died Violent Death (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=42678)

Schneed10 06-22-2011 04:05 PM

Re: Coroner: Ryan Dunn Died Violent Death

I'm glad he's dead. That's what one deserves when driving drunk. This is a much better punishment than a DUI or DWI.

Very glad he didn't take any responsible lives along with him.

mredskins 06-22-2011 04:11 PM

[quote=Schneed10;807923]I'm glad he's dead. That's what one deserves when driving drunk. This is a much better punishment than a DUI or DWI.

Very glad he didn't take any responsible lives along with him.[/quote]

I also bet it was not the first time he did that. My sister lives in West Chester and I have trouble driving sober at 40 mph on some of the roads by her. They are super hilly and curve.

This a$$ hat was drunk going 140 and I beleive I heard he was texting/tweeting too at the same time.

In the grand scheme of things he is no big lost to society. Damn now who will make crazy films about dumb a$$e$ doing dumb things. God what a lost!

firstdown 06-22-2011 04:34 PM

I'm not glade he is dead but I cannot feel sorry for him. I do feel sorry for his love ones who will hurt the most from his death.

12thMan 06-22-2011 04:40 PM

yeah, i don't think there's anything to be glad about here. very sad and tragic all the way around.

Schneed10 06-22-2011 04:41 PM

[quote=firstdown;807927]I'm not glade he is dead but I cannot feel sorry for him. [B]I do feel sorry for his love ones who will hurt the most from his death[/B].[/quote]

I can agree with that. Especially his parents who are probably kicking themselves (unfairly so, as parents often do) that they didn't do enough to raise him right, or whatever it is. The human side of loss like this sucks.

But why am I glad? Because society is better off with drunk and reckless drivers being dead. The world's better today because he's gone.

Especially because I live 20 mins from West Chester, PA.

Schneed10 06-22-2011 04:42 PM

[quote=12thMan;807928]yeah, i don't think there's anything to be glad about here. very sad and tragic all the way around.[/quote]

That's ridiculous. Sad and tragic [B]all the way around[/B]? Jesus H Christ. I get being sensitive to people's feelings and whatnot, but try getting in touch with your pragmatic side for a change.

It's sad and tragic for his family. But it's not sad and tragic for Ryan Dunn, he got what was coming.

Schneed10 06-22-2011 04:50 PM

Let's talk about "sad and tragic" in degrees, to help put this in perspective, shall we?

Please rate the following events (some hypothetical) on a scale of 1 (least sad and tragic) to 5 (most sad and tragic):

- Ryan Dunn killing himself in a drunk driving accident

- Ryan Dunn causing a drunk driving accident injuring other drivers and also resulting in his own death

- Ryan Dunn causing a drunk driving accident killing other [B]drunk[/B] drivers in other cars and also resulting in his own death

- Ryan Dunn veering off the side of the road while drunk and killing two 10 year old girls riding their bikes along the sidewalk

MTK 06-22-2011 04:52 PM

He made a mistake, a big one. Sucks that he had to pay with his life. Dumb decision and nobody to blame but himself, but I can't say I'm glad he's dead.

Schneed10 06-22-2011 04:54 PM

[quote=Mattyk;807934]He made a mistake, a big one. Sucks that he had to pay with his life. Dumb decision and nobody to blame but himself, but I can't say I'm glad he's dead.[/quote]

Do you think the roads around West Chester PA are at least a tiny bit safer today than they were three days ago? In the end that's all I'm driving at.

Maybe glad is the wrong word. Because I'm certainly not gleeful about it. But I definitely have that "justice was done" feeling.

firstdown 06-22-2011 05:00 PM

I thought I was insinsitive. LOL My wife is just as bad. We are watching a show and the guy is doing stuff with aligators. It clamps down on his arm and starts to spin. I get all grossed out and she laugh's. I ask how she can laugh. She says what do you expect to happen if you stick your arm in an aligators mouth.

12thMan 06-22-2011 05:01 PM

Schneed, this isn't some exercise in analytics. A man died -- very young and very tragically. That's the way I see it.

He got what was coming? Boy, I don't even know where to begin with that statement. I guess by that logic, we all have something coming to us in vary degrees since we all get away shit -- every day. Or is it that people that drink and drive [I]and[/I] kill people that have something coming?

How about we agree that drinking and driving is really bad, stupid, and those that are caught doing so should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Schneed10 06-22-2011 05:05 PM

[quote=12thMan;807937]Schneed, this isn't some exercise in analytics. A man died -- very young and very tragically. That's the way I see it.

He got what was coming? Boy, I don't even know where to begin with that statement. I guess by that logic, we all have something coming to us in vary degrees since we all get away shit -- every day. Or is it that people that drink and drive [I]and[/I] kill people that have something coming?

[B]How about we agree that drinking and driving is really bad, stupid, and those that are caught doing so should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law[/B].[/quote]

#1 You danced around my questions posed directly to you. Exercise in analytics? I was merely trying to get you to put it in perspective because I find your perspective to be too sensitive to people's feelings, rather than calling it how it really is.

As for the bolded part, I would agree that anyone caught driving drunk should be prosecuted. But I would also say that I'm not feeling bad in the least for anyone who kills himself in that circumstance.

I mean you sound like you're eulogizing the guy. The sensitivity is so thick up in here it makes me want to vomit.

Schneed10 06-22-2011 05:07 PM

Ultimately, anyone that unnecessarily does something that puts the lives of innocents at risk deserves what's coming.

If you drive drunk and die, you had it coming. If you get wasted and play with a shotgun in the presence of others, you had it coming. If you get high and decide to piss on the electric rail and you get your dick zapped off, you had it coming.

Tragic is a ridiculous word in this circumstance. Darwin Award is more apt.

SmootSmack 06-22-2011 05:08 PM

This is like the thread on Haynesworth's brother dying in a motorcycle crash all over again

Schneed10 06-22-2011 05:11 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;807942]This is like the thread on Haynesworth's brother dying in a motorcycle crash all over again[/quote]

I can't recall the facts, but I seem to remember he was either going way way too fast or was drunk. If either was the case, that's another perfect example of someone who got what was coming.