Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins free agent signings 2018 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64092)

CRedskinsRule 04-08-2018 01:13 PM

Re: Redskins free agent signings 2018

The Skins have definitely gone to a more conservative cap approach, signings that are heavy on playtime incentives, shorter terms for new players, market based values. I see that as more positive then before and less likely to have bad players for big money, but it also seems to mean you lose out in certain position groups, like DT who know they have a limited time to make big money.

Irrefutable 04-08-2018 01:35 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1192252]I fully agree with that. We should remember what our team looks like when healthy and build off that, not try to build off the injury ravaged bunch that closed out the season.

We should select BPA at 13. It could be a difference maker in the secondary or on the D line, or even a guard. Better yet, trade back if possible and select BPA at that point.

We need some holes filled but we’re not in a complete rebuild. The last thing I’d do is make a reach pick for need.[/quote]

trading back makes sense, according to Tandler and the point system, if they trade back 5 picks they get a 3rd round pick and if they go back 10 picks they could get a 2nd round pick- It could be even better if a QB slides

Chico23231 04-08-2018 02:01 PM

[quote=MTK;1192254]So basically sign Hankins at his price and hope for the best in getting our guys signed long term, sounds like a solid plan lol[/quote]

It needs to be a balanced approach...and right now we have options. I just worry about getting caught holding our dicks when are depth chart has major holes...dt,lg,online reserves, and rb....some reasonable talent on the board...demarco Murray, Hankins, Logan etc....and then you cross your fingers hoping the draft goes our way to get best player available while filling reasonable needs.

We can mitigate some cap by cutting McClain post June 1....I believe.

I’m looking forward to the draft to see how this all works out because there happens to be some serious talent at places we need it the most.

MTK 04-08-2018 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1192253]There are different ways to cut the pie...but for ffs, stop this garbage of no plan at dt/nt.[/QUOTE]

Allen, Ionaddidis, Lanier, in all likelihood Payne or Vea... no plan there?

DYoungJelly 04-08-2018 02:07 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1192258]It needs to be a balanced approach...and right now we have options. I just worry about getting caught holding our dicks when are depth chart has major holes...dt,lg,online reserves, and rb....some reasonable talent on the board...demarco Murray, Hankins, Logan etc....and then you cross your fingers hoping the draft goes our way to get best player available while filling reasonable needs.

We can mitigate some cap by cutting McClain post June 1....I believe.

I’m looking forward to the draft to see how this all works out because there happens to be some serious talent at places we need it the most.[/QUOTE]McClain was such a liability last year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chico23231 04-08-2018 03:46 PM

[quote=MTK;1192259]Allen, Ionaddidis, Lanier, in all likelihood Payne or Vea... no plan there?[/quote]

Fingers crossed. If not, Phil Taylor again? :food-smil

How about Luavo at LG? :Flush:

Or worse...Fat Rob your starting RB :puke:

Hoping for the best...but those options above are unacceptable

MTK 04-08-2018 06:28 PM

Unless we draft all punters and kickers chances are several needs will be addressed

FrenchSkin 04-09-2018 03:13 AM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1192261]Fingers crossed. If not, Phil Taylor again? :food-smil

How about Luavo at LG? :Flush:

Or worse...Fat Rob your starting RB :puke:

Hoping for the best...but those options above are unacceptable[/QUOTE]Lauvao is still unsigned... I don't see us bringing him back unless it's a cheap deal to compete with, hopefully, a LG we'd have drafted in the 2nd, or late in the 1st if we trade down.
If there's someone of Scherff caliber I wouldn't mind taking a G in the first, not at 13th but late round.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 04-09-2018 09:04 AM

It def appears that nobody is wanting to pay Hankins what they are asking, he has not been offered a deal by any team yet. He will have to come down off that price before the draft and I bet he will.

skinsfaninok 04-09-2018 10:02 AM

With some reports of Jordan Howard hitting the trade market, has me thinking would you trade our 4th round pick for him? I doubt the Bears would take it so maybe a 4th and a 3rd next yr? Dude is a beast. Tough call IMO

Chico23231 04-09-2018 10:23 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1192278]With some reports of Jordan Howard hitting the trade market, has me thinking would you trade our 4th round pick for him? I doubt the Bears would take it so maybe a 4th and a 3rd next yr? Dude is a beast. Tough call IMO[/quote]

I like Howard coming out and I was convinced this was our Pick a couple years ago in the 5th but the Bears picked him right before us. He a solid grinder. I think this is what we want Perine to be.

The issue is this...do we want a grinder (Chubb) (Ive heard we want a pounder from staff) but I think we want more of a pass catching, cut and go back (USC guy, Michel). Guice and Barkley do both...

skinsfaninok 04-09-2018 10:30 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1192279]I like Howard coming out and I was convinced this was our Pick a couple years ago in the 5th but the Bears picked him right before us. He a solid grinder. I think this is what we want Perine to be.

The issue is this...do we want a grinder (Chubb) (Ive heard we want a pounder from staff) but I think we want more of a pass catching, cut and go back (USC guy, Michel). Guice and Barkley do both...[/quote]

I think Guice is the best option after Barkley but do we want to spend a 1st on a RB when we need a DT so bad?

GridIron26 04-09-2018 11:38 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1192278]With some reports of Jordan Howard hitting the trade market, has me thinking would you trade our 4th round pick for him? I doubt the Bears would take it so maybe a 4th and a 3rd next yr? Dude is a beast. Tough call IMO[/quote]

I believe it's baseless rumor. As much as I love Howard (I had him on my fantasy football teams), I don't think he is worth our #1 pick although I would not oppose to giving up our #2 pick for him.

KI Skins Fan 04-09-2018 12:46 PM

I'm getting tired of telling you guys we should draft Penny as our RB. You don't listen to me any more than my kids do.

DYoungJelly 04-29-2018 08:24 PM

What's the word on the TE out of Pitt.

6'5" 260. Looks strong.

We also signed a FB out of WVU. I don't understand signing a FB unless the vaunted Callahan run scheme is undergoing some changes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk