Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the League Week 4 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64181)

Chico23231 09-26-2018 10:58 AM

Around the League Week 4

[url]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24794154/everson-griffen-being-evaluated-hospital-minnesota-vikings-concerned-well-being[/url]

Everson Griffen being evaluated as Vikings concerned about well-being

Sucks...this guy is awesome, hope he gets better soon, but this doesn’t sound good.

Man I’m looking forward to Thursday night football and cousins getting killed. This Minnesota team could be going down the implode path.

skinsfaninok 09-26-2018 11:02 AM

Re: Around the League Week 4

[quote=Chico23231;1201360][url]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24794154/everson-griffen-being-evaluated-hospital-minnesota-vikings-concerned-well-being[/url]

Everson Griffen being evaluated as Vikings concerned about well-being

Sucks...this guy is awesome, hope he gets better soon, but this doesn’t sound good.

Man I’m looking forward to Thursday night football and cousins getting killed. This Minnesota team could be going down the implode path.[/quote]

I like Kirk in that game TBH, and Minnesota

Ruhskins 09-26-2018 11:55 AM

I'll start with the caveat that anything can happen in this league and the Vikes could very well win this game and Cousins could light it up.

However, I feel this is the same Cousins from last year and before, a QB that can put up numbers but not enough to carry the team and its deficiencies. He threw the typical game ending pick towards the end of the GB game, but was saved by the Clay Matthews penalty. And the Bills just manhandled him last week.

The Vikes defense doesn't seem as elite as it was supposed be and Dalvin Cook appears to be banged up.

Despite losing their CBs, the Rams D is still super talented and I feel their receiving group is much better than Minnesota's. I just don't seem how the Rams lose this game.

Chico23231 09-26-2018 12:04 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1201365]I'll start with the caveat that anything can happen in this league and the Vikes could very well win this game and Cousins could light it up.

However, I feel this is the same Cousins from last year and before, a QB that can put up numbers but not enough to carry the team and its deficiencies. He threw the typical game ending pick towards the end of the GB game, but was saved by the Clay Matthews penalty. And the Bills just manhandled him last week.

The Vikes defense doesn't seem as elite as it was supposed be and Dalvin Cook appears to be banged up.

Despite losing their CBs, the Rams D is still super talented and I feel their receiving group is much better than Minnesota's. I just don't seem how the Rams lose this game.[/quote]

But I know secretly you want to see Cousins embarrassed....I know I do. :)

sevier2 09-26-2018 12:05 PM

I still don't understand the bitterness towards Cousins around here (and other places.) People just need to let it go...

Anyways, one interesting thing I saw on ESPN is that the Raiders are being outscored 37-3 in the Fourth Quarter alone. Those savvy veterans can't seem to hang for the duration of an entire NFL game. Obviously this is random speculation but I do wonder what the root cause of that would be.

Anybody paying attention to the Raiders this year and have some insight/thoughts?

skinsfan69 09-26-2018 12:17 PM

I don't get the Cousins hate either. It just didn't work out. If any of us were Cousins we all would hate working for Bruce and Dan. But anyhow Rams are just the better team right now. I wish we had McVay as our coach.

sdskinsfan2001 09-26-2018 12:45 PM

1st time in a while I'm actually excited about a Thursday night game. Got my popcorn ready. Go Rams!

Ruhskins 09-26-2018 12:57 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1201366]But I know secretly you want to see Cousins embarrassed....I know I do. :)[/quote]

That already happened last week. I was giving my unbiased opinion though.

However, given how the league has been lately, it would not surprised me if he and the Vikes tear it up. They got embarrassed last week by the Bills, and we all know how the Redskins played after being embarrassed by the Colts.

GridIron26 09-26-2018 01:01 PM

[quote=sevier2;1201367]I still don't understand the bitterness towards Cousins around here (and other places.) People just need to let it go...

Anyways, one interesting thing I saw on ESPN is that the Raiders are being outscored 37-3 in the Fourth Quarter alone. Those savvy veterans can't seem to hang for the duration of an entire NFL game. Obviously this is random speculation but I do wonder what the root cause of that would be.

Anybody paying attention to the Raiders this year and have some insight/thoughts?[/quote]

I don't think Rushskins was hating on Cousins, he simply stated a fact about Cousins.

I feel bad for my good friend, who is huge fan of Raiders. Even he knew that there is good chance that the Gruden hire will end up making Raiders worse and Raiders seem like they are going down that direction based on last 3 games. The issue with Gruden is he is so set on following only his strategies.

Ruhskins 09-26-2018 01:08 PM

[quote=GridIron26;1201374][B]I don't think Rushskins was hating on Cousins, he simply stated a fact about Cousins.
[/B]
I feel bad for my good friend, who is huge fan of Raiders. Even he knew that there is good chance that the Gruden hire will end up making Raiders worse and Raiders seem like they are going down that direction based on last 3 games. The issue with Gruden is he is so set on following only his strategies.[/quote]

A week or so ago I went on a rant against Cousins, so that's where people are coming from with the comments.

However, I think for this Thursday Night, I was trying to state the facts about how Cousins has been in the past, and what I've seen from him and the Vikes in the first three weeks.

sdskinsfan2001 09-26-2018 01:15 PM

[quote=sevier2;1201367]I still don't understand the bitterness towards Cousins around here (and other places.) People just need to let it go...

Anybody paying attention to the Raiders this year and have some insight/thoughts?[/quote]

He couldn't beat the Cowboys or win big games and to me he came off as a phony weasel. Fuck him. Its not like something I dread on every day but if they're on I'm rooting for him to lose. Go Rams!

sdskinsfan2001 09-26-2018 01:15 PM

[IMG]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/954/323/394.jpg[/IMG]

Chico23231 09-26-2018 01:36 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1201375]A[B] week or so ago I went on a rant against Cousins, so that's where people are coming from with the comments. [/B]
However, I think for this Thursday Night, I was trying to state the facts about how Cousins has been in the past, and what I've seen from him and the Vikes in the first three weeks.[/quote]

that rant was awesome...you are correct.

This Rams team is fun to watch from what I hear...Im just looking forward to see them play...but I will slighty smirk if I see Cousins effing up. I just hope the Vikes get run off the field.

Cousins was all about the money...their consequences to that decision.

CRedskinsRule 09-26-2018 01:36 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1201362]I like Kirk in that game TBH, and Minnesota[/quote]

He's going against a Sean McVay team. If any coach in the league knows KC it is McVay. I will be amazed and impressed if on a Thursday night game, KC has a stellar game against McVay/Phillips and that front 7.

sevier2 09-26-2018 01:44 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1201375]A week or so ago I went on a rant against Cousins, so that's where people are coming from with the comments.

However, I think for this Thursday Night, I was trying to state the facts about how Cousins has been in the past, and what I've seen from him and the Vikes in the first three weeks.[/quote]

I was more referring to Chico's strange obsession with Cousins. Although I see the same attitude across the internet in various places.