Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bruce Out?? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64546)

OmahaRedskins 12-28-2019 04:59 PM

Bruce Out??

It looks like things are moving a long.

[url]https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/sources-redskins-team-president-bruce-allen-will-be-out-running-football-ops-monday?fbclid=IwAR0JywM2NAU6dsvBQBuvWZCi3rzxBF-7iD_eYPsNvOhGQAIvjRrTLdKKIQM[/url]

MTK 12-28-2019 05:09 PM

Re: Bruce Out??

He better be out of the organization completely, I don’t want to hear any shit about him being “re-assigned”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OmahaRedskins 12-28-2019 05:12 PM

My initial thoughts were he will retire, and leave on his own. Let him walk out with his head up.

SFREDSKIN 12-28-2019 05:20 PM

Fuck him!! Good riddance!! Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!! Get the fuck of here!!! Asshole ruined this team!!

CRedskinsRule 12-28-2019 05:23 PM

[QUOTE=OmahaRedskins;1240733]It looks like things are moving a long.

[url]https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/sources-redskins-team-president-bruce-allen-will-be-out-running-football-ops-monday?fbclid=IwAR0JywM2NAU6dsvBQBuvWZCi3rzxBF-7iD_eYPsNvOhGQAIvjRrTLdKKIQM[/url][/QUOTE]Out of football operations is not out of the building.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Chico23231 12-28-2019 05:27 PM

[quote=MTK;1240734]He better be out of the organization completely, I don’t want to hear any shit about him being “re-assigned”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Exactly. That shit never works in this organization...Bruce and Vinny both came back from the “dead”.

All it will do is promote another power struggle in the building. Get this motherfucker out the building, out of northern Virginia, on a plane to Antarctica. FFS

SFREDSKIN 12-28-2019 05:33 PM

Snyder better try his hardest to keep Kyle Smith and not fuck it up. Kyle has done a really good job drafting and should be a priority to keep him.

5superbowls3wins 12-28-2019 06:25 PM

[QUOTE=SFREDSKIN;1240739]Snyder better try his hardest to keep Kyle Smith and not fuck it up. Kyle has done a really good job drafting and should be a priority to keep him.[/QUOTE]

Kyle should be promoted to GM. Done.

FrenchSkin 12-28-2019 06:51 PM

On one hand I wanna pop the champagne out, but on the other hand I wont until I read he's fully out of the organisation. I'm afraid him staying in a reassigned role would pollute the search for his replacement in a bad way.

OmahaRedskins 12-28-2019 06:58 PM

[quote=FrenchSkin;1240748]On one hand I wanna pop the champagne out, but on the other hand I wont until I read he's fully out of the organisation. I'm afraid him staying in a reassigned role would pollute the search for his replacement in a bad way.[/quote]

I am in the same boat. I want to believe in a Christmas miracle and that he will be removed on Monday when Kyle Smith walks out and makes the announcement.

FrenchSkin 12-28-2019 07:00 PM

[quote=OmahaRedskins;1240750]I am in the same boat. I want to believe in a Christmas miracle and that he will be removed on Monday when Kyle Smith walks out and makes the announcement.[/quote]

Or maybe being reassigned is what the Skins offer him hoping he turns it down and walks out. JP Finlay on Sheehan's podcast talked about this possibility the other day. That BA wouldn't accept that kind of new title.

SFREDSKIN 12-28-2019 07:26 PM

[quote=5superbowls3wins;1240743]Kyle should be promoted to GM. Done.

Agree 100%

sdskinsfan2001 12-28-2019 07:30 PM

Anyone else in the emergency room right now for an erection lasting longer than 4 hours?

skinsfaninok 12-28-2019 07:52 PM

please let it happen

SFREDSKIN 12-28-2019 07:55 PM

[url]https://art19.com/shows/redskin-talk/episodes/6e340433-9b83-41b0-a8d0-3ffbc12cb158[/url]

skinsfaninok 12-28-2019 09:07 PM

Its been 10 years, Dan has no choice

5superbowls3wins 12-28-2019 09:52 PM

Its being reported that Snyder plans to announce a major restructuring of the front office Monday, and rumors swirling of Bruce Allen being fired and going to Rams as a consultant

Chico23231 12-28-2019 09:55 PM

[quote=5superbowls3wins;1240765]Its being reported that Snyder plans to announce a major restructuring of the front office Monday, and rumors swirling of Bruce Allen being fired and going to [B]Rams as a consultant[/B]

What?

5superbowls3wins 12-28-2019 09:56 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1240766]What?[/QUOTE]

[url]https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/28/chatter-emerges-of-bruce-allen-to-the-rams/amp/[/url]

sdskinsfan2001 12-28-2019 09:58 PM

I'll love the Rams forever if this is the case.

CRedskinsRule 12-28-2019 09:59 PM

[quote=5superbowls3wins;1240767][url]https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/28/chatter-emerges-of-bruce-allen-to-the-rams/amp/[/url]

That would be very great news for the Skins fanbase that remains.

FrenchSkin 12-28-2019 10:06 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1240768]I'll love the Rams forever if this is the case.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't think we'll ever know, but it might be a true turning point, Dan Snyder obviously was having a hard time dumping BA, him having another option might be helping him hit eject button.

SFREDSKIN 12-28-2019 10:12 PM

[quote=5superbowls3wins;1240765]Its being reported that Snyder plans to announce a major restructuring of the front office Monday, and rumors swirling of Bruce Allen being fired and going to Rams as a consultant

Skid row consultant, he’s going to fix the homeless problem.

Chico23231 12-28-2019 10:36 PM

[quote=5superbowls3wins;1240767][url]https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/28/chatter-emerges-of-bruce-allen-to-the-rams/amp/[/url]

Great news...just weird

mooby 12-28-2019 10:39 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1240769]That would be very great news for the Skins fanbase that remains.[/quote]

All 10 of us will rejoice!

[url]https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28385206/source-bruce-allen-no-longer-running-redskins-football-operations[/url]

Keim is reporting it now.

This made me LOL:

[quote=John Keim, ESPN]
Numerous league sources said it would be difficult for the Redskins to hire particular coaches if their current power structure remained intact, pointing to issues with Allen as the main decision-maker in personnel matters. There will be concerns, too, from prospective coaches that Allen will try to reinsert himself into football decisions. [B]Some current players have privately bemoaned his lack of a feel for the locker room, signing players who were not a good fit, as well as a lack of a knack for judging talent.[/B]
[/quote]

You don't say? Keim stating the obvious over here.

SFREDSKIN 12-28-2019 10:53 PM

Here’s my prediction of what happens:

Ron Rivera hired as HC (I don’t think the Rooney rule applies since he is Hispanic)
Kyle Smith promoted to GM
Eric Shaeffer takes over Allen’s job

Chico23231 12-28-2019 11:04 PM

[quote=mooby;1240776]All 10 of us will rejoice!

[url]https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28385206/source-bruce-allen-no-longer-running-redskins-football-operations[/url]

Keim is reporting it now.

This made me LOL:

You don't say? Keim stating the obvious over here.[/quote]

What really baffles me is this apparent “internal struggle” there is in firing a piece of shit, losing, garbage defined as “Bruce Allen”

This guy not only has a terrible track record in personnel decisions, a terrible win-loss record, a reputation that agents call the most untrustworthy executive to deal with....with alll that, Bruce Allen then smears people them on the way out, leaking bullshit to the media. Ie: smoking Jay gruden pictures, McClouglin drinking with Cooley comments and leaking to the post, etc

This is not a good guy, why is this so hard for Dan Snyder? He fired just last year a super respected executive with close ties to the NFL....for nothing. But Bruce is so hard to let go? Get the fuck outta here Dan Snyder you fucking piece of shit

Schneed10 12-28-2019 11:22 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1240777]Here’s my prediction of what happens:

Ron Rivera hired as HC (I don’t think the Rooney rule applies since he is Hispanic)
Kyle Smith promoted to GM
Eric Shaeffer takes over Allen’s job[/quote]

I think Snyder has held interviews by now that would more than satisfy to Rooney rule.

Buffalo Bob 12-29-2019 12:39 AM

Why would the Rams want to hire Bruce Allen? Why would anyone want to hire Bruce Allen?

sdskinsfan2001 12-29-2019 12:42 AM

Bruce Allen shouldn't be a fucking hot dog vendor at the stadium let alone anywhere near the front office.

Get rid of that piece of shit.

Warthog 12-29-2019 01:33 AM

It appears that Bruce Allen will no longer be making any football decisions. The real issue is whether he will be fired completely.

It appears that Snyder wants to move quickly toward getting a HC, perhaps a GM and Vice President of the overall operations.

My vote is:

Kyle Smith for GM (currently head of Redskins scouting)

Eric Bieniemy for GM (currently KS Chiefs OC)

I think Bruce Allen will be completely fired from the Redskins organization. The Redskins have no ability to get a elite GM or HC or DC with Allen around in any capacity. I think they floated the idea of firing BA from football operations, to see how this was going to be reported in the media and how fans reacted. Because there is universal joy and happiness in Redskins land with the initial news float about BA, I think Snyder will go all the way and dump his longtime buddy and confidante.

I also think by the end of the week following the Cowboys game we’ll see the end of Allen and have a new GM and HC. Even Snyder can learn from his mistakes, although it took him 20 years to get there.

Ruhskins 12-29-2019 03:14 AM

All of this makes me think that Snyder is trying to get BA to quit/retire, instead of having to fire him.I believe the same thing happened with Vinny. Snyder gave him a demotion and he quit instead of being demoted.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

FrenchSkin 12-29-2019 03:40 AM

[quote=Ruhskins;1240785]All of this makes me think that Snyder is trying to get BA to quit/retire, instead of having to fire him.I believe the same thing happened with Vinny. Snyder gave him a demotion and he quit instead of being demoted.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yeah Finlay had this as a possible scenario last week on Sheehan's podcast. That a non-football title would be offered and BA would turn it down.

Warthog 12-29-2019 05:07 AM

I don’t care if he is fired or offers his resignation - I just want him gone out of the Redskins franchise, in any capacity.

GridIron26 12-29-2019 08:12 AM

[quote=Buffalo Bob;1240781][B]Why would the Rams want to hire Bruce Allen?[/B] Why would anyone want to hire Bruce Allen?[/quote]

I don't believe that at all

SFREDSKIN 12-29-2019 09:23 AM

Here’s the Allen Rams connection:

Allen hired Rams COO Kevin Demoff in 2005. With the Bucs, Demoff assisted in contract negotiations, salary cap management, strategic planning, and both college and pro scouting. Allen’s tenure with the Bucs also coincided with the arrival of Rams coach Sean McVay, who served as assistant receivers coach in 2008, the last year of the Allen/Jon Gruden regime in Tampa.

BigHairedAristocrat 12-29-2019 09:36 AM

[QUOTE=Warthog;1240788]I don’t care if he is fired or offers his resignation - I just want him gone out of the Redskins franchise, in any capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I understand that sentiment, but the idea that nothing will change if Bruce isn’t completely gone is kind of irrational. There are A LOT of things to hate about Bruce Allen, we can all agree on that. But just because someone sucks at running an entire company doesn’t mean they suck at literally everything and are not qualified to do anything.

Bruce is a bad GM, but i honestly do think he has the ability and personality to deal with politicians to get a stadium deal done. If he’s in some role where that his is one and only job, then good - it will free up the new president and GM to focus entirely on the football side of operations.

rocnrik 12-29-2019 09:36 AM

Sean McVay is probably thinking I escaped that mess once... not agian ..

mooby 12-29-2019 10:05 AM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;1240793]

Bruce is a bad GM, but i honestly do think he has the ability and personality to deal with politicians to get a stadium deal done. If he’s in some role where that his is one and only job, then good - it will free up the new president and GM to focus entirely on the football side of operations.

+1

I have nothing against Bruce Allen the schmoozing politician who runs business affairs.

My only concern would be potential candidates not wanting to come here if he even works in the building.

KI Skins Fan 12-29-2019 10:15 AM

[quote=mooby;1240795]+1

I have nothing against Bruce Allen the schmoozing politician who runs business affairs.

My only concern would be potential candidates not wanting to come here if he even works in the building.[/quote]

If he stays, Allen will meddle in football operations and make every effort to undermine his "rivals" on the football side. He can't help it. That's who he is. He loves palace intrigue. So does Snyder. He must go.