Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Marines Investigate Puppy-Throwing Video (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22788)

MTK 03-04-2008 11:47 AM

Marines Investigate Puppy-Throwing Video

I didn't realize Daseal was in Iraq, LOL just kidding.

This is pretty disgusting if true.

[url=http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4384322]ABC News: Marines Investigate Puppy-Throwing Video[/url]

Daseal 03-04-2008 11:52 AM

Re: Marines Investigate Puppy-Throwing Video

Ugh, I don't understand why someone would do something like that. There's no point, you get nothing, it's just useless violence to a ****ing puppy. Come on.

Kicking puppies however, is fine.

cpayne5 03-04-2008 11:58 AM

What an idiot.

Gmanc711 03-04-2008 08:13 PM

Unreal.

Riggo44 03-04-2008 09:06 PM

I heard it's fake and the dog was already dead. But either way the guy is a piece of shit in my book!

mooby 03-04-2008 09:48 PM

That is some f'd up shit right there. I hope he gets his ass kicked for what he did, he is a p.o.s.

SmootSmack 03-04-2008 09:53 PM

[QUOTE=Riggo44;429245]I heard it's fake and the dog was already dead. But either way the guy is a piece of shit in my book![/QUOTE]

Yeah something looked fake about it, still doesn't make it right though

saden1 03-04-2008 10:26 PM

What a punk! He should be given the Vick treatment!

p.s. I must say, it looks fake. You don't get a full picture and it doesn't seem right that you hear a thump at the end considering how far he threw it. Still, it's not something to joke about.

htownskinfan 03-05-2008 12:28 AM

I saw this listed on filecabi but it wasnt something i cared to see,I hope its fake

DynamiteRave 03-05-2008 12:36 AM

They said in the video you could hear the puppy yelping till it hit the ground. I don't think dog yelps is something that can be easily faked, especially by grown men.

In fact that dog looks like a potential jack russell/shih tzu mix, just judging from the black eyes.. (I work with dogs) and you can tell that its a real dog by the way he's holding it, by the scruff of its neck. Something you can't do to a fake dog (I would suppose)

But maybe it's faked. Anythings possible. If not the guy's gonna get some serious animal abuse charges I hope

70Chip 03-05-2008 01:29 AM

What is the motivation here Matty?

Daseal 03-05-2008 01:34 AM

motivation? I'm confused.

SmootSmack 03-05-2008 01:42 AM

[QUOTE=70Chip;429355]What is the motivation here Matty?[/QUOTE]

C'mon now. Don't tell me you're making this political

70Chip 03-05-2008 01:54 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;429359]C'mon now. Don't tell me you're making this political[/quote]

Marines in Iraq killing puppies [I][B]as a thread[/B][/I] and you say I'm making it political?

SmootSmack 03-05-2008 01:56 AM

[QUOTE=70Chip;429362]Marines in Iraq killing puppies [I][B]as a thread[/B][/I] and you say I'm making it political?[/QUOTE]

So you think Matty started this thread as some sort of statement on the war? You think this thread would have been different then if it was "Chicago City Police Officer Kicks Puppy Across Lake Michigan?"

70Chip 03-05-2008 02:04 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;429363]So you think Matty started this thread as some sort of statement on the war? You think this thread would have been different than if it was "Chicago City Police Officer Kicks Puppy Across Lake Michigan?"[/quote]

I think it is by it's nature political. I asked what the motivation was to give our Dear Leader an opportunity to say that he was not making some sort of statement on the war. If I posted a story about ESPN employees who kicked puppies, wouldn't you assume I was going after ESPN employees? BTW, I still want to know what Michelle Wie was up to last year. Isn't she 18 now?

SmootSmack 03-05-2008 02:12 AM

[QUOTE=70Chip;429365]I think it is by it's nature political. I asked what the motivation was to give our Dear Leader an opportunity to say that he was not making some sort of statement on the war. If I posted a story about ESPN employees who kicked puppies, wouldn't you assume I was going after ESPN employees? BTW, I still want to know what Michelle Wie was up to last year. Isn't she 18 now?[/QUOTE]

Well I know you go after ESPN employees anyway, so I wouldn't need to assume :)

Well look, I'm not going to speak for Matty and he and I don't agree on much when it comes to politics but I think it's safe to say that regardless of his, or anyone's opinion, of the war and our decision to go there/stay there he doesn't have anything against the troops that have been sent there to fight. We all know that they are all putting their lives on the line everyday but, just like anywhere else in life, some of them are total a-holes regardless of the uniform.

But I mean it's not like Matty said "Look at this, typical of soldiers in Iraq."

Anyway, I'm off to bed. I'm sure Matty will explain himself in the morning...or just laugh at the assumption.

saden1 03-05-2008 02:14 AM

This is news, simple as that. If you think this incident/information shouldn't be reported/discussed then I ask you why not?

MTK 03-05-2008 07:15 AM

I think somebody is looking too far into this. It wouldn't matter to me if it was a plumber tossing a puppy. The bottom line is it's a disgusting act, if it's true.

And since it [URL="http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=4387128&page=1"]continues to be a pretty big news item[/URL], I thought it was worth posting.

If it makes anyone feel any better, I am against the war, but in this case I'm more outraged over the treatment of an innocent animal than I am in trying to make some sort of statement.

mheisig 03-05-2008 10:12 AM

I find these far more disgusting than a faked puppy-tossing video:

[URL="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/03/04/allen.la.baby.life.support.wdsu"]6-week-old baby beaten, burned, drugged [/URL]

[URL="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,334818,00.html"]YouTube Gets Slammed for Video Showing British Mom's Gang Rape[/URL]

Perspective is a beautiful thing.

MTK 03-05-2008 11:05 AM

[quote=mheisig;429425]I find these far more disgusting than a faked puppy-tossing video:

[URL="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/03/04/allen.la.baby.life.support.wdsu"]6-week-old baby beaten, burned, drugged [/URL]

[URL="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,334818,00.html"]YouTube Gets Slammed for Video Showing British Mom's Gang Rape[/URL]

Perspective is a beautiful thing.[/quote]

Of course... that goes without saying.

It still doesn't make the puppy video not worthy of discussing though.

hooskins 03-05-2008 06:58 PM

I don't see how this is a political issue. One Marine throwing a puppy is not statistically significant to extrapolate that to all of them, and as Matty said he is just disgusted by it.

But back to the topic, I think it was fake. The dog wasn't moving and the yelping sounded fake as well. If this was just a dog, who cares? People make videos of stupid shit all the time.

If it was a dog that was already dead, then I guess that is still kinda wack but would that constitute for animal abuse charges? Obviously it does for human corpses but I am unfamilar with what the law is in regards to animal corpse.

SmootSmack 03-05-2008 07:10 PM

[QUOTE=hooskins;429650]I don't see how this is a political issue. One Marine throwing a puppy is not statistically significant to extrapolate that to all of them, and as Matty said he is just disgusted by it.

But back to the topic, I think it was fake. The dog wasn't moving and the yelping sounded fake as well. If this was just a dog, who cares? People make videos of stupid shit all the time.

If it was a dog that was already dead, then I guess that is still kinda wack but would that constitute for animal abuse charges? Obviously it does for human corpses but I am unfamilar with what the law is in regards to animal corpse.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I agree with the "if it's just a dog, who cares?" statement. Did I misunderstand you there?