Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Bye week (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64184)

skinsfaninok 09-28-2018 02:20 PM

Redskins Bye week

What is the biggest surprise and disappointment of this team so far?

Surprise for me and I'm sure most is Adrian Peterson, the guy came into this season as a "has been" "too old" and he is killing it, he's on pace for well over 1000 yards rushing and 10 td's. Will he keep that pace up? Maybe not but its been awesome so far.

Disappointment? The loss to indy week 2, overall I don't have much to bitch about but man we could and should be sitting at 3-0 right now.

Schneed10 09-28-2018 03:07 PM

Re: Redskins Bye week

Biggest disappointment is the fact that it's the bye week already. I want more Redskins football!

Chico23231 09-28-2018 03:10 PM

Biggest surprise: AP ability to play at a high level with a decent workload

Biggest disappointment: Doctson continues to take up space

Biggest I Told You So: Luavoa injuried early, left guard still an issue

Biggest I was wrong/dumb shit: Greg Manusky has gotten the defense to play well

Meks 09-28-2018 03:12 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1201482]Biggest disappointment is the fact that it's the bye week already. I want more Redskins football![/quote]

literally what i was just gonna write lmao - that and the rest of the way is brutal.

metalskins 09-28-2018 03:16 PM

Redskins - 34
Bye Week - 17

Schneed10 09-28-2018 04:20 PM

One of the biggest pleasant surprises, the improvement of the run blocking from the TE position. All three of them. And I'll lump the Ryan Anderson goalline fullback thing in with that. Just close your eyes and hit somebody, big fella.

Disappointments, Doctson has to lead the list. We keep hearing how the guy has looked good in camp. It continues to fail to translate to games.

MTK 09-28-2018 09:16 PM

Most pleasant surprises: Dunbar, Moreau

Disappointments (feels dumb saying this 3 games in) : Doctson, Nicholson

FrenchSkin 09-29-2018 04:43 AM

Good surprises: run blocking by our TE (and receivers), coverage by our ILBs, Tony Bergstrom playing well

Disappointments: Doctson still not delivering but I wasn't expecting much from him. Week 2 flatness.
Plus we're still running plays where Preston Smith and Kerrigan are dropping into coverage... serious question: what is the upside of it? I guess the opponent's OL can be deceived if they expect someone to come and he doesn't, but sometimes they drop in coverage and we're not blitzing so I don't see the point... if they're trying to deceive the QB I'd say it's not working... "oh the OLB is dropping into zone coverage... what shall I do? ... dump one to the wide open receiver in his zone? Seems smart... but maybe it's a trap?!"...

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk

KI Skins Fan 09-29-2018 10:38 AM

Surprise: We lose Guice and then AP drops out of the sky to rescue our running game.

Disappointment: I was in shock and disbelief that we could play so poorly in our home opener against the Colts.

SFREDSKIN 09-29-2018 12:08 PM

No surprises here, I expected this team to go 11-5 and still do.

Disappointments: losing Sims and Quinn. I'm still waiting for Alex Smith to have a better than average game.

WillH 09-29-2018 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=FrenchSkin;1201493]Good surprises: run blocking by our TE (and receivers), coverage by our ILBs, Tony Bergstrom playing well

Disappointments: Doctson still not delivering but I wasn't expecting much from him. Week 2 flatness.
Plus we're still running plays where Preston Smith and Kerrigan are dropping into coverage... serious question: what is the upside of it? I guess the opponent's OL can be deceived if they expect someone to come and he doesn't, but sometimes they drop in coverage and we're not blitzing so I don't see the point... if they're trying to deceive the QB I'd say it's not working... "oh the OLB is dropping into zone coverage... what shall I do? ... dump one to the wide open receiver in his zone? Seems smart... but maybe it's a trap?!"...

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk[/QUOTE]Harvey Clemmons came in for coverage on a number of clear passing situations for Zach Brown. Might be that they had them in coverage when Zach couldn't get off. May be a product of them trying to avoid 12 men on the field penalties. Which was part of the reason Payne and Allen played so much. Didn't see this, just a tought.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Schneed10 09-29-2018 05:37 PM

Which pair of college teammate will have accomplished more by the time their careers are finished?

Trent Williams and Adrian Peterson

or

Daron Payne and Jonathan Allen

I know this is a little ridiculous given all Peterson has accomplished but this is more just something fun to think about during the bye week.

Schneed10 09-29-2018 05:38 PM

Could Payne and Allen actually get into that conversation?

Chico23231 09-29-2018 08:05 PM

[quote=Schneed10;1201511]Could Payne and Allen actually get into that conversation?[/quote]

Maybe if you ask which pair will have more of an impact this season between the pair

FrenchSkin 09-30-2018 02:44 AM

[quote=WillH;1201509]Harvey Clemmons came in for coverage on a number of clear passing situations for Zach Brown.[B] Might be that they had them in coverage when Zach couldn't get off[/B]. May be a product of them trying to avoid 12 men on the field penalties. Which was part of the reason Payne and Allen played so much. Didn't see this, just a tought.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/quote]

I see what you mean, but given that Zach has improved his coverage tremendously, I'd say he's a way better covering LB than Smith and Kerrigan now.
Plus sometimes Smith was dropping into the flat and Zach was covering too, so I guess there's a reason for it, but I'm still not seeing it...