Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Miami Week aka the rise of Callahan (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64475)

CRedskinsRule 10-09-2019 10:36 AM

Miami Week aka the rise of Callahan

In all the commotion around JGs firing, and Callahan promotion I missed that we signed a TE that Indy released, Hale Hentges. Here is a link around why Indt released him - [url]https://www.al.com/sports/2019/10/indianapolis-colts-waive-tight-end-hale-hentges.html[/url]

I actually think Callahan can win games with this roster. People talk about players quitting on coaches, but reading Gruden's remarks I think he had checked out long ago, and the players followed his lead.

That said, winning 3 to 6 games instead of 0 to 3 doesn't change a thing except lower our draft position, and give BA less rope to hang himself with.

So I am in no mans land with this game. Do I watch and hope to see a spark, or do I actually enjoy my Sunday.

Hmmm oh well. I will say 23-7 Skins win prompting a BA smug look of cockiness.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

TheMalcolmConnection 10-09-2019 10:47 AM

Re: Miami Week aka the rise of Callahan

We win because how Redskins-y would it be to win crap games just enough to screw up our chances at getting Young/Jeudy?!

jamf 10-09-2019 10:57 AM

Wins are the worst enemy of this team right now.
They need to win the offseason by having the first overall pick in the draft and trading it to the highest bidder. Miami has realistic expectations with their rebuild and are stockpiling picks and not worried about winning.
I'm worried Allen will convince Snyder the team is close and give the same excuse Gruden used weekly, injuries....

This team needs a full rebuild on offense. We need to accept that regardless of who is head coach, having the first overall pick will speed up that process by trading the pick for additional picks.

metalskins 10-09-2019 11:47 AM

Burn it all down! Down to the ground! I believe if the 'skins lose to Miami, we are set to go 0-16. Never in my wildest days would I have ever believed this franchise would reach such lows. But, how fitting it would be for such lows to be reached with Snyder as owner and Allen as GM.

skinsfaninok 10-09-2019 11:54 AM

I think Miami is truly wanting the #1 pick and I see the skins getting #2 so I look for a ugly ass 23-17 win by the skins here but they will still finish 2-14 and grab the #2 pick.

Miami will finish 1-15

Buffalo Bob 10-09-2019 11:59 AM

[quote=metalskins;1233860]Burn it all down! Down to the ground! I believe if the 'skins lose to Miami, we are set to go 0-16. Never in my wildest days would I have ever believed this franchise would reach such lows. But, how fitting it would be for such lows to be reached with Snyder as owner and Allen as GM.[/quote]

Redskins worst record since the league went to a 16 game schedule was 3-13. All time worst record is 1-12-1 in 1961. This team could make history. It is going to be hard to lose to Miami, they are purposely tanking and I heard somewhere that their point differential after 4 games is the worst ever in the modern era. I think the best chance to lose to Miami is to start Colt McCoy. After removing his lost yardage from sacks last week he had 75 net yards passing.

skinsfaninok 10-09-2019 12:05 PM

It's sad that we are in October and I'm already doing mock drafts

Chico23231 10-09-2019 12:05 PM

I think we lose.

The bigger question is, are we such a retard organization that we pass on Tua in the draft?

MTK 10-09-2019 12:13 PM

[quote=Buffalo Bob;1233863]Redskins worst record since the league went to a 16 game schedule was 3-13. All time worst record is 1-12-1 in 1961. This team could make history. It is going to be hard to lose to Miami, they are [B]purposely tanking[/B] and I heard somewhere that their point differential after 4 games is the worst ever in the modern era. I think the best chance to lose to Miami is to start Colt McCoy. After removing his lost yardage from sacks last week he had 75 net yards passing.[/quote]

Not on the field, the players are still gonna go out there and play hard.

skinsfaninok 10-09-2019 12:48 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1233865]I think we lose.

The bigger question is, are we such a retard organization that we pass on Tua in the draft?[/quote]

Tua is damn good but he would not solve any true issues on this team, the line is bad, the WRs are bad (other than Terry) , we have no RB , Guice is not the guy. TE is a huge hole.

I would trade the #1 Pick or #2 Pick and load up.

Haskins will be fine

EARTHQUAKE2689 10-09-2019 12:59 PM

I have never been less interested in a game involving a favorite team of mine. Time to find something else to do.

skinsfan69 10-09-2019 01:03 PM

I hope Miami wins the game in order to humiliate Dan and Bruce as much as possible. I expect it to be close.

Chico23231 10-09-2019 01:09 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;1233868]I have never been less interested in a game involving a favorite team of mine. Time to find something else to do.[/quote]

Yup...think I might sweep the house, make a pie (key lime) happens to be a favorite, remove pocket lent, ask my girl if I can shave her kitty, check the propane tank for propane percentage left, carve an ice sculpture,

Chico23231 10-09-2019 01:26 PM

[url]https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/09/report-bill-callahan-goes-back-to-case-keenum/[/url]

Case is back in

CRedskinsRule 10-09-2019 01:33 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1233871][url]https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/09/report-bill-callahan-goes-back-to-case-keenum/[/url]

Case is back in[/QUOTE]I am ok with Keenum for the next few games, I would like to see the start of dismantling Gruden's Group, including McCoy waived and Reed to IR.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk