Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Heisman Watch: Give It To Toby Gerhart (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33702)

Trample the Elderly 11-30-2009 06:08 PM

Re: Heisman Watch: Give It To Toby Gerhart

It takes three guys to tackle Gerhart. The first is thrown off, the second hangs on for dear life, and the last guy jumps on his back. Gerhart isn't a running back. Gerhart runs over people's backs, fronts too!

SFREDSKIN 11-30-2009 06:09 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;632567]It takes three guys to tackle Gerhart. The first is thrown off, the second hangs on for dear life, and the last guy jumps on his back. Gerhart isn't a running back. Gerhart runs over people's backs, fronts too![/quote]

Just ask all the Pac-10 teams that got their asses handed to them.

Trample the Elderly 11-30-2009 06:11 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;632568]Just ask all the Pac-10 teams that got their asses handed to them.[/quote]

Oh but USC, they're a bunch of scrubs San Fran! I mean let's see Gerhart play a real team!

SFREDSKIN 11-30-2009 06:16 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;632569]Oh but USC, they're a bunch of scrubs San Fran! I mean let's see Gerhart play a real team![/quote]

I laugh when people are not convinced, I've seen this guy go against the best teams in the country and have great games against them all. Don't you know it's college? The one thing this guy has is HEART, if you've seen him play he leaves it all on the field. Reminds me of Riggo.

LMsexyAO 11-30-2009 06:47 PM

[quote=Nomad;632223]if you think he is going to be a star in the league in the same catergory as Peterson, Johnson, Turner...... I dont think so, keep dreaming, if he was a Heisman Contender he be getting love for it right now, there is no John Riggins out there, and he is not coming to Washinton to save the day..... get over it, [B]he is a college star at best[/B]......4th round pick[/quote]

Now I may be wrong here, but I thought the Heisman was given to the best college player of the year, not to the most promising NFL prospect...?

Big C 11-30-2009 07:31 PM

[quote=Nomad;632223]if you think he is going to be a star in the league in the same catergory as Peterson, Johnson, Turner...... I dont think so, keep dreaming, if he was a Heisman Contender he be getting love for it right now, there is no John Riggins out there, and he is not coming to Washinton to save the day..... get over it, he is a college star at best......4th round pick[/quote]

since when does translating to the pros have anything to do with winning the heisman trophy? when did i ever say he was going to be a good nfl player? i have no idea, and frankly i dont care about that. bottom line is hes a top college player, thus he should be getting the hype he is. simple as that.

SmootSmack 11-30-2009 09:08 PM

Gerhart reminds me of Jerome Bettis...which may be hard for some people to grasp because they're not the same skin color

mlmdub130 11-30-2009 09:30 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;632623]Gerhart reminds me of Jerome Bettis...which may be hard for some people to grasp because they're not the same skin color[/quote]

wait, gerhart is white!?!?

53Fan 11-30-2009 10:23 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;632623][B]Gerhart reminds me of Jerome Bettis[/B]...which may be hard for some people to grasp because they're not the same skin color[/quote]

Does Gerhart like to bowl too? :) If he's anywhere near as good a pro as Bettis was, and I think he could be, I'd take him in a heartbeat. I think Colt McCoy has the best chance at the Heisman but Gerhart has had a good enough year to win it. I'd like to see Gerhart running the ball at the end of a game for us after wearing down the defense for 3 quarters.

Lotus 11-30-2009 10:34 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;632623]Gerhart reminds me of Jerome Bettis...which may be hard for some people to grasp because they're not the same skin color[/quote]

Riggins was The Diesel
Bettis was The Bus
so is it "Freight Train" Gerhart?

Big C 12-01-2009 08:07 AM

[quote=53Fan;632652]Does Gerhart like to bowl too? :) If he's anywhere near as good a pro as Bettis was, and I think he could be, I'd take him in a heartbeat. I think Colt McCoy has the best chance at the Heisman but Gerhart has had a good enough year to win it. I'd like to see Gerhart running the ball at the end of a game for us after wearing down the defense for 3 quarters.[/quote]

i dont like mccoy for the heisman, mainly because he has dropped off a decent amount from last season. he is down 9 rushing touchdowns from last season and 5% completion, and his rating is down 20 points. he may win it, but only because this is a down year for the heisman in terms that there are no totally dominant players.

tryfuhl 12-06-2009 06:14 AM

[quote=Lotus;632664]Riggins was The Diesel
Bettis was The Bus
so is it "Freight Train" Gerhart?[/quote]
"Green" Gerhart run completely on bio-diesel

skins89moss 12-06-2009 08:19 AM

This kid went to High School ( Norco, CA) a few miles from my house. His dad is the High School coach of Norco HS and his brother is a OL at ASU. I think he is a canidate but he will not win. I think CJ Spiller would get more voters because he is a return man also on special teams. He runs hard and has quick feet for a big back but not sure how he will translate in the NFL. He would be a nice 3rd pick but we do not have a 3rd rd pick so far. He would look good in Burgundy and Gold.

budw38 12-07-2009 07:14 AM

Maybe his 40 time will not be impressive and we land him in the 3rd or 4th rd < I know we do not have a 3rd at the moment > , I don't think rb is a high priority , but I would like to find either a grinder or speed / quick Rb .

Redskin Warrior 12-07-2009 10:57 AM

Looking at the strength of schedule in the SEC i think it should go to Mark Ingram after the display against Florida the #1 rank defense in the nation. Tebow didn't play well neither did Colt I like Tony but truth is the PAC 10 is weak compared to the SEC.