Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Signing Ochocinco: Te gusta? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=48082)

Monkeydad 06-08-2012 11:51 AM

Re: Signing Ochocinco: Te gusta?

No thank you.
[B]
If he DOES come here, Hankerson...do not give up your number. [/B] You could be a starter and you'll be making more than him most likely, plus, you had the #85 Redskins jersey first. It was your number in college too, don't give it up for a washed-up scrub WR who can't even learn a new playbook anymore.

Make him change his number and pay the consequences of changing his name!

The Goat 06-08-2012 12:41 PM

My biggest concern, like others have said, is whether Ocho would commit to learn the system/playbook. If he's at all serious about extending his career beyond this season learning new tricks will be critical.

The Palmer/Oakland connection probably makes more sense though.

WR is likely still a concern for us IMHO. Moss is the only proven vet on the roster who also knows the system/playbook. Hankerson's injury is worrisome especially when he starts to see heavy contact again. Garcon has one solid season behind him and that's only because everyone else was injured. Morgan I just don't get. One of my guys in the office is a forever SanFran fan and didn't think Morgan should ever have started...very pedestrian. Randy Moss is already a big hit though and has the fans all psyched up. He would have been a great addition for Griffin's sake, especially as an ends zone target, which we still don't really have outside Fred Davis. Plus we'd have two Moss' and how cool would that be!

REDSKINS4ever 06-08-2012 12:47 PM

The Redskins have wide receivers that are all better than Chad Johnson. Would it be wise for Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan to entertain the thought of acquiring Johnson? If one of our receivers go down with an injury, they will surely look to the practice squad for an addition before even looking Johnson's way.

The Goat 06-08-2012 12:57 PM

[quote=REDSKINS4ever;920657][B]The Redskins have wide receivers that are all better than Chad Johnson.[/B] Would it be wise for Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan to entertain the thought of acquiring Johnson? If one of our receivers go down with an injury, they will surely look to the practice squad for an addition before even looking Johnson's way.[/quote]

This seems to be the crux of it and there's room for honest debate. I think we have one proven WR better than Ocho (Moss) and three question marks (Garcon, Hank, Morgan). I haven't seen anything from our younger guys to really deserve comment...

Chico23231 06-08-2012 01:23 PM

[quote=The Goat;920660]This seems to be the crux of it and there's room for honest debate. I think we have one proven WR better than Ocho (Moss) and three question marks (Garcon, Hank, Morgan). I haven't seen anything from our younger guys to really deserve comment...[/quote]

How does Garcon qualify as a question mark?

JoeRedskin 06-08-2012 01:33 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;920663]How does Garcon qualify as a question mark?[/QUOTE]

He's not Gaffney.

FRPLG 06-08-2012 01:55 PM

"2nd biggest talent/threat after Moss"

Haha...you're funny. I see what you did there.

FRPLG 06-08-2012 01:56 PM

When you say "2nd biggest..after Moss" you mean there is one other guy who is a bigger threat right after Moss but there are 3 others who are bigger threats than all of them right? Because any other interpretation is ludicrous.

mooby 06-08-2012 02:01 PM

[quote=The Goat;920656]My biggest concern, like others have said, is whether Ocho would commit to learn the system/playbook. If he's at all serious about extending his career beyond this season learning new tricks will be critical.

The Palmer/Oakland connection probably makes more sense though.

WR is likely still a concern for us IMHO. Moss is the only proven vet on the roster who also knows the system/playbook. Hankerson's injury is worrisome especially when he starts to see heavy contact again. Garcon has one solid season behind him and that's only because everyone else was injured. Morgan I just don't get. One of my guys in the office is a forever SanFran fan and didn't think Morgan should ever have started...very pedestrian. Randy Moss is already a big hit though and has the fans all psyched up. He would have been a great addition for Griffin's sake, especially as an ends zone target, which we still don't really have outside Fred Davis. [B]Plus we'd have two Moss' and how cool would that be[/B]![/quote]

I knew I wasn't the only one who values players based on the parts of their names they share with other players of different relation! It's why I was so upset when we didn't draft Robert Griffin, the guard from Baylor!

MTK 06-08-2012 02:51 PM

I feel like we keeping spinning the same tired record regarding WRs.

los panda 06-08-2012 02:58 PM

it's june. they can't all be henry ellard

sandtrapjack 06-08-2012 03:08 PM

[quote=SBXVII;920642]Watch what you wish for....
[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/07/taking-a-look-at-ochocincos-potential-suitors/]Taking a look at Ochocinco’s potential suitors | ProFootballTalk[/url][/quote]
Routine scuttlebutt.
When has a well-known player that has been released NOT been linked as "possible" to Dallas or Washington when they are on the market?

Media scuttlebutt.

The Goat 06-08-2012 03:25 PM

[quote=Chico23231;920663]How does Garcon qualify as a question mark?[/quote]

Garcon's only solid season was more a result of injury to other players than him breaking out. He's been inconsistent otherwise at best. I get he's a high potential guy, but counting on him as a consistent #1 or even #2 WR right off the bat is the same old pipe dream this franchise and fanbase has experienced time and again.

SmootSmack 06-08-2012 03:42 PM

So Goat...if I'm reading you right, you're into a win now, damn the future approach?

MTK 06-08-2012 04:00 PM

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/08/chad-ochocincos-inability-to-learn-the-offense-a-consistent-problem/]Chad Ochocinco’s inability to learn the offense a consistent problem | ProFootballTalk[/url]

The Goat 06-08-2012 04:09 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;920681]So Goat...if I'm reading you right, you're into a win now, damn the future approach?[/quote]

I mean realistically we're not built to win now. However, getting Griffin the best targets especially now as a rookie is wise, right? Help build his confidence w/ early success. Randy Moss would fit the mold as an awesome possession WR and end zone target. Burress to a lesser extent than Moss but still worth brining in. Ocho also to a lesser extent than Moss but worth bringing into camp IMO. What if he decides brings his A game, studies hard and plays lights out...wouldn't it be worth it?

MTK 06-08-2012 04:16 PM

When has Randy Moss ever been a possession WR? The guy knows one route, go deep.

SBXVII 06-08-2012 04:18 PM

[quote=The Goat;920660]This seems to be the crux of it and there's room for honest debate. I think we have one proven WR better than Ocho (Moss) and three question marks (Garcon, Hank, Morgan). I haven't seen anything from our younger guys to really deserve comment...[/quote]

That's just it. The three in question, only one of them had a great year, two got injured and those two showed some promis prior to getting injured. I think we all had issues with Hank going to the ground after the majority of his catches instead of trying to get more yards.

Out of the rest only AA stands out. One would think Austin, Robertson, and Paul would be doing better at this point. Instead they are moving Paul to TE. I'd easily replace Austin and Robertson with CJ.

SBXVII 06-08-2012 04:22 PM

[quote=Chico23231;920663]How does Garcon qualify as a question mark?[/quote]

One really outstanding year? The year with out their #1 QB playing or #1 WR playing? All his earlier yrs he was second fiddle and really didn't stand out. Heck many in the media and here wonder why we spent so much money on him. Now all of a sudden he's the top dog? Ok.

MTK 06-08-2012 04:26 PM

Reggie Wayne didn't play last year?

Interesting.

SmootSmack 06-08-2012 04:28 PM

[quote=The Goat;920684]I mean realistically we're not built to win now. However, getting Griffin the best targets especially now as a rookie is wise, right? Help build his confidence w/ early success. Randy Moss would fit the mold as an awesome possession WR and end zone target. Burress to a lesser extent than Moss but still worth brining in. Ocho also to a lesser extent than Moss but worth bringing into camp IMO. What if he decides brings his A game, studies hard and plays lights out...wouldn't it be worth it?[/quote]

I don't really agree. I think Moss and Cooley (let's assume for now both stay) are proven receivers for RGIII. While Morgan and Garcon aren't slouches. Then you add some up and comers in Paul, Hankerson, and possibly Robinson.

Let RGIII grow with these guys and let those guys grow with RGIII.

I gotta say for someone who so frequently blasted Vinny's approach I find that you're essentially advocating the same approach. I understand that you're not talking about trading multiple picks for Ocho, but you're still talking about going for the probably past his prime veteran for the quick fix

skinsfaninok 06-08-2012 04:45 PM

No No No to OCHO

The Goat 06-08-2012 04:49 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;920689]I don't really agree. I think Moss and Cooley (let's assume for now both stay) are proven receivers for RGIII. While Morgan and Garcon aren't slouches. Then you add some up and comers in Paul, Hankerson, and possibly Robinson.

[B]I gotta say for someone who so frequently blasted Vinny's approach I find that you're essentially advocating the same approach. I understand that you're not talking about trading multiple picks for Ocho, but you're still talking about going for the probably past his prime veteran for the quick fix[/B][/quote]

Couldn't disagree more w/ this. In fact I think the current FO is closer to Vinny's approach in regard to the Garcon signing. I understand he's an up and comer w/ potential...so we paid big money for potential rather than proven quantities. Randy Moss, Burress or Ocho are all low risk/low dollar/ potential high reward type signings.

Cooley is wait and see and Tana is money in the endzone but a small target. I think Fred is our only big end zone threat right now short of Garcon, Morgan or Hank breaking into that role. I give those three guys altogether about a 25% probability of growing into the end zone target we need. Randy Moss or Burress (still) would be a great addition for Griffin.

In other words, by all probability I highly, highly doubt we have the "final" tools Griffin will need to be elite at the pro level. Why not keep looking?

SBXVII 06-08-2012 05:18 PM

[quote=Mattyk;920688]Reggie Wayne didn't play last year?

Interesting.[/quote]

Whats more interesting is I can't for the life of me understand why I thought I heard the Colts #1 WR was injured which gave Garcon more playing time and another reason he put up such good numbers last year only.

CrustyRedskin 06-08-2012 05:49 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;920689]I don't really agree. I think Moss and Cooley (let's assume for now both stay) are proven receivers for RGIII. While Morgan and Garcon aren't slouches. Then you add some up and comers in Paul, Hankerson, and possibly Robinson.

I gotta say for someone who so frequently blasted Vinny's approach I find that you're essentially advocating the same approach. I understand that you're not talking about trading multiple picks for Ocho, but you're still talking about going for the probably past his prime veteran for the quick fix[/quote]

Case closed. And Im not being racist sinces he's Hispanic and all so save it liberals.

mooby 06-08-2012 06:00 PM

[quote=CrustyRedskin;920696]Case closed. And Im not being racist sinces he's Hispanic and all so save it liberals.[/quote]

Wait what?

mooby 06-08-2012 06:01 PM

[quote=Mattyk;920685]When has Randy Moss ever been a possession WR? The guy knows one route, go deep.[/quote]

Well he possesses the ball right? Possession of the ball = possession wr. :D

Lotus 06-08-2012 07:04 PM

[quote=mooby;920698]Well he possesses the ball right? Possession of the ball = possession wr. :D[/quote]

Wrong. He is inhabited by devils and therefore is a possession receiver. :)

REDSKINS4ever 06-10-2012 03:23 AM

[quote=SBXVII;920693]Whats more interesting is I can't for the life of me understand why I thought I heard the Colts #1 WR was injured which gave Garcon more playing time and another reason he put up such good numbers last year only.[/quote]

Garcon stepped up for the Colts last year. He had a good season. His stats didn't win him any pro bowl votes but he truly contributed in the Colts passing game.

EARTHQUAKE2689 06-10-2012 07:43 AM

[quote=REDSKINS4ever;920757]Garcon stepped up for the Colts last year. He had a good season. His stats didn't win him any pro bowl votes but he truly contributed in the Colts passing game.[/quote]

If you talk to Goat he is no better than a 3rd option

Mechanix544 06-10-2012 02:13 PM

Yeah, well............Sorry, but if we paid about 45million to bring a guy in here to catch a ball, then he is the #1 wide receiver. Garcon is our number one, I have a feeling moss will be the #2, with morgan being the #3. I wish Hankerson could step in right away, and take the #2, or even the #1 title away from either of those guys, you know, all in the spirit of a home grown, home drafted guy becoming an All star and whatever...........But I doubt it happens this year. Garcon is the best receiver on the team as of right now, and he is getting paid as such. Until someone on our roster completely dismisses any doubt that they are the go to guy in the passing game, look for the trio of Garcon, Moss and Morgan to start the year, with a little Hankerson sprinkled in now and then to keep him ahead of the power curve.

BTW, I am really hoping Hankerson goes all crazy and becomes our premier WR, but it seems that the staff is playing that one cautiously, and that probably is the best answer for right now. He has a good core of vets to learn from and develop, let it happen. No need for additional dramas and troublemakers on the team, we have solid WR's this year, for the first time in a long time. We do not need a prima donna to rub off on our young guys like Hank, Austin and Garcon.

I'll say it like this. This WR grouping we have going into this season is far and away the best group of guys we have had in a long while. (having RG3 throwing to them doesnt hurt either, but, just on their own talent, they are the best we have had in a long while)

r08kessl 06-10-2012 02:24 PM

[quote=The Goat;920691]Couldn't disagree more w/ this. In fact I think the current FO is closer to Vinny's approach in regard to the Garcon signing. I understand he's an up and comer w/ potential...so we paid big money for potential rather than proven quantities. Randy Moss, Burress or Ocho are all low risk/low dollar/ potential high reward type signings.

Cooley is wait and see and Tana is money in the endzone but a small target. I think Fred is our only big end zone threat right now short of Garcon, Morgan or Hank breaking into that role. I give those three guys altogether about a 25% probability of growing into the end zone target we need. Randy Moss or Burress (still) would be a great addition for Griffin.

In other words, by all probability I highly, highly doubt we have the "final" tools Griffin will need to be elite at the pro level. Why not keep looking?[/quote]

By low risk you mean a bunch of divas with a tendency toward unloading firearms into their own extremities who would present an overwhelming distraction on a team that has had FAR too many distractions over the years (Haynesworth, Mcnabb, drug suspensions, etc, etc, etc)?

CapitalDefense 06-10-2012 03:22 PM

Meet a Real Girl For Free on Zoosk Fastest Growing Date Site-Join Now!
[url]www.zoosk.com/Dating[/url]

htownskinfan 06-10-2012 03:34 PM

[quote=capitaldefense;920772]meet a real girl for free on zoosk fastest growing date site-join now!
[url]www.zoosk.com/dating[/url][/quote]

wtf!?

mooby 06-10-2012 03:54 PM

[QUOTE=CapitalDefense;920772]Meet a Real Girl For Free on Zoosk Fastest Growing Date Site-Join Now!
[url]www.zoosk.com/Dating[/url][/QUOTE]

The terrorists have won.

JPPT1974 06-10-2012 05:49 PM

Think that no team is interested in him. As he brings cancer to them. Great WR but has an attitude problem.

iRepDMV 06-10-2012 06:02 PM

No thanks to CJ. Lets work with the group we have: Moss, Hank, Garcon and Morgan sound good enough to me!

SBXVII 06-10-2012 06:19 PM

Who knows maybe he doesn't leave Miami with out a contract. Save all you guys who keep saying "no to Ocho".

MTK 06-10-2012 08:37 PM

I could totally see him in Miami. They need some star power.

NC_Skins 06-10-2012 08:39 PM

[quote=The Goat;920546][url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/patriots-release-wide-receiver-chad-ochocinco/2012/06/07/gJQAJbqHMV_story.html]Patriots release wide receiver Chad Ochocinco - The Washington Post[/url]

He'd immediately be the 2nd biggest talent/threat after Moss (Tana gets the edge because he knows the system/playbook). Ochocinco was quiet and obedient under Belichick, why would it be any different under Shanahan?

I vote si, amigos, a proven veteran WR es muy bien :)[/quote]

[IMG]http://i.qkme.me/3p81qo.jpg[/IMG]