Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=46687)

TheMalcolmConnection 02-24-2012 02:31 PM

Re: Eight QBs and Where The Latest Rumors Have Them Going

[quote=Mattyk;888510]Who says Tannehill can't be that guy?

All the teams you mention are/were still stronger across the board than we are right now, especially in the playmaker department.[/quote]

Not only that but the Ravens are a perfect example of how having a solid team all the way around can make a QB look even better.

Yes, I want that "franchise" QB, but I won't be sad either if we stand pat and use our picks wisely or trade back.

Bushead 02-24-2012 02:32 PM

The redskins looked like a mediocre or average team when fully healthy and turned into a below average team after taking some hits with injuries. The injury bug is going to happen every year, so what if we draft RGIII but then lose a starting WR, couple OL and a TE? IT would be nice to have some quality depth.

At first, I was all for drafting RGIII, but sometimes I get to thinking about the cost & I wonder if it is worth it.

Ruhskins 02-24-2012 02:35 PM

[quote=celts32;888518]It's possible Tannehill could be that guy but the consensus is that RG3 has a better chance to be a franchise QB. However, if the Redskins thought Tannehill had as good a chance as RG3 then I would be okay with drafting him instead. [B]Unfortunately we have to decide what we prefer without the luxury of knowing what the Redskins think about the prospects. [/B]

As far as the other teams I mentioned...Probably but I believe that our playmakers would look better if we had a better QB. Plus we have 49 mil of cap space to add to what we have.[/quote]

But the important thing is what the Redskins think about the prospects.

Given their willingness to trade down and not to reach for a QB in the past two drafts, I think the team is not willing to bet the farm for a QB. Now I do think our cap space and a young free agent class may allow the Redskins to do this. But it would not surprise if they don't do this.

Personally, I just want to make sure that they don't once again put a lot of draft/FA resources on the defense (and none on offense) and that we don't have a repeat of last year in terms of QBs.

celts32 02-24-2012 02:45 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;888524]But the important thing is what the Redskins think about the prospects.

Given their willingness to trade down and not to reach for a QB in the past two drafts, I think the team is not willing to bet the farm for a QB. Now I do think our cap space and a young free agent class may allow the Redskins to do this. But it would not surprise if they don't do this.

Personally, I just want to make sure that they don't once again put a lot of draft/FA resources on the defense (and none on offense) and that we don't have a repeat of last year in terms of QBs.[/quote]

Of course...what we think about any of these players is irrelevant. I just want them to get their #1 guy and i don't really care about the cost. I am tired of the Redskins settling at the most important position in sports. If they accomplish that then i am fine if they need to settle for a little bit weaker starter at a couple other positions.

SOUL-SKINS 02-24-2012 02:55 PM

Blah blah blah blah blah blahhhhhhhhhhh .... I've never heard one thing said in so many different ways .......

MTK 02-24-2012 03:09 PM

[quote=SOUL-SKINS;888533]Blah blah blah blah blah blahhhhhhhhhhh .... I've never heard one thing said in so many different ways .......[/quote]

Welcome to the offseason.

MTK 02-24-2012 03:11 PM

[quote=celts32;888518]It's possible Tannehill could be that guy but the consensus is that RG3 has a better chance to be a franchise QB. However, if the Redskins thought Tannehill had as good a chance as RG3 then I would be okay with drafting him instead. Unfortunately we have to decide what we prefer without the luxury of knowing what the Redskins think about the prospects.

As far as the other teams I mentioned...Probably but I believe that our playmakers would look better if we had a better QB. Plus we have 49 mil of cap space to add to what we have.[/quote]

A better QB is definitely part of it, but I don't think our receivers are where they need to be, and the secondary needs work.

You're right, that $49M in cap space gives us room to add talent.

mooby 02-24-2012 03:13 PM

[quote=Mattyk;888544]Welcome to the offseason.[/quote]

It only seems like this because we have a massive hole at qb, which just so happens to be the most important position on the field. Damn I hope we solve that problem this year so we don't have to put up with it again next year.

celts32 02-24-2012 03:17 PM

[quote=Mattyk;888544]Welcome to the offseason.[/quote]

haha exactly...I am hoping this is the last offseason that we beat the QB topic to death for a long time.

celts32 02-24-2012 03:20 PM

[quote=Mattyk;888547]A better QB is definitely part of it, but I don't think our receivers are where they need to be, and the secondary needs work.

You're right, that $49M in cap space gives us room to add talent.[/quote]

Agreed.

30gut 02-24-2012 04:51 PM

When you evaluate the QBs I think Griffin should be rated higher then Tannehill.
But that doesn't mean that Tannehill can't become a franchise QB.

I also think people forget that were talking about the [I][B]top[/B][/I] prospects.
The physical, tangible difference between any of the draftable QBs isn't as large as people like to think, even though the difference usually means several drafts spots and sometimes entire rounds.

The difference between the QB is greatly exaggerated.

For some reason the prevailing logic seems to be that because Tannehill is the 3rd rated QB that he can't possibly be as good as the 2 QBs rated above him.

But just ask Josh Freeman or Joe Flacco etc...Dan Marino..

GTripp0012 02-24-2012 04:56 PM

[quote=30gut;888585]When you evaluate the QBs I think Griffin should be rated higher then Tannehill.
But that doesn't mean that Tannehill can't become a franchise QB.

I also think people forget that were talking about the [I][B]top[/B][/I] prospects.
The physical, tangible difference between any of the draftable QBs isn't as large as people like to think, even though the difference usually means several drafts spots and sometimes entire rounds.

The difference between the QB is greatly exaggerated.

[B]For some reason the prevailing logic seems to be that because Tannehill is the 3rd rated QB that he can't possibly be as good as the 2 QBs rated above him.[/B]

But just ask Josh Freeman or Joe Flacco etc...Dan Marino..[/quote]Depends what you think of Griffin. If RG3 comes as advertised, then yeah, Tannehill lacks the ability to be a better prospect and a better QB down the road. If RG3's draft stock is inflated though, then you could see a reality where Tannehill actually becomes the second best QB in this draft.

This particular draft is so deep at the position that I'm not sure I'd want to bet everything on someone with the skill set of Griffin OR Tannehill without knowing exactly which direction I'd want to go with my franchise first. Foles throws the ball from the pocket a lot better than Tannehill and could be available a round later.

SmootSmack 02-24-2012 05:07 PM

[url=http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/2/24/2822345/qbs-nick-foles-and-ryan-lindley-talk-about-senior-bowl-week-with-the]QBs Nick Foles and Ryan Lindley Talk About Senior Bowl Week with the Shanahans - Hogs Haven[/url]

44Deezel 02-24-2012 06:28 PM

Now that RGIII has officially measured in at over 6'2, I'm starting to come around;). Damn the picks!!!

diehard 02-24-2012 06:35 PM

I'm hoping the Skins call a few teams bluffs and RG3 falls into their lap at #6.