Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Deny Bryant Johnson Visit Scheduled (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22771)

SmootSmack 03-03-2008 01:02 PM

Redskins Deny Bryant Johnson Visit Scheduled

"Johnson is definitely interested in the Bills as a potential employer. Advantages for the Bills, they have a #2 WR role open for the taking. Receivers coach Tyke Tolbert was his receivers coach in Arizona his rookie year so there's some familiarity there.

The only negative is Johnson does have another visit scheduled and it's with the Redskins."

[url=http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3056]Inside the Bills Homepage - Buffalo Bills[/url]

TheMalcolmConnection 03-03-2008 01:07 PM

Re: Bryant Johnson Scheduled to Visit Redskins

After looking at some freaking stats, what does Johnson have over Reche Caldwell besides 2 inches (insert joke here)?

Soup's Uncle 03-03-2008 01:07 PM

Oh man, that'd be sweet to get him. He's young and tall.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-03-2008 01:08 PM

As said above though, Caldwell is only two inches shorter and also young.

Paintrain 03-03-2008 01:10 PM

[QUOTE=Soup's Uncle;428542]Oh man, that'd be sweet to get him. He's young and tall.[/QUOTE]

So is Kwame Brown. :)

Sorry, I know what you meant but I couldn't resist.. I'd like to have either Johnson or Hackett in maroon and black by the end of the week.

QBall 03-03-2008 01:12 PM

I think this guy is a perfect fit for our us right now. He has put up respectable numbers being the 3rd WR behind two pro bowlers in Az.

He's got the size at 6'3 215 and I hope we make a major push for him in the visit. Looks like Skins his top choice b/c like Vinny said if you let them leave without signing them they're gone!

BleedBurgundy 03-03-2008 01:14 PM

Nothing to back it up but I've thought this would be a good move for a while now. He seems like more of a physical presence than Caldwell. We need a red zone receiving threat to take the pressure off of Cooley.

MTK 03-03-2008 01:17 PM

Interesting but has anything been confirmed by the Redskins?

This guy really doesn't excite me much, but as long as the price is right I'd be ok with it.

QBall 03-03-2008 01:23 PM

Think about our starting offense with Johnson:

Campbell, Portis, Sellers, Betts

Solid O' Line with Jansen and Thomas back makes us a great squad.

Moss, Randle El, and Johnson with Cooley at Tight End.

Why drop major coin on anyone else in FA?

The draft will give us depth on the O' line and hope to pick up a great Defensive player or two.....

TheMalcolmConnection 03-03-2008 01:23 PM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;428549]Nothing to back it up but I've thought this would be a good move for a while now. He seems like more of a physical presence than Caldwell. We need a red zone receiving threat to take the pressure off of Cooley.[/quote]

Yeah, I mean just today I decided there's no one on the free agent market that excites me as far as wide receivers go. THIS is if we're just looking for tall wide receivers. I thought that was the original goal right?

Hackett is 6'2". Johnson is 6'2" as well (could be wrong according to a post above). I'm definitely wait and see on Mix, but right now I REALLY want to draft one after our first round pick. Cheap and could work out just as easily as Hackett or Johnson.

skinsfan69 03-03-2008 01:24 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;428540]After looking at some freaking stats, what does Johnson have over Reche Caldwell besides 2 inches (insert joke here)?[/quote]

LOL! We don't need this guy. He's a first round bust. Penn State WR's rarely turn out to be good pro's. Someone is going to overpay for him and I hope it's not us. I'd rather have Hackett.

SmootSmack 03-03-2008 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection;428540]After looking at some freaking stats, what does Johnson have over Reche Caldwell besides 2 inches (insert joke here)?[/QUOTE]

"Insert Joke Here"...that's what she said! Zing!!

Seriously though, if we want a number 2 to complement Santana Moss then I think Reche Caldwell is just fine.

But if we're looking for a #1 WR then we probably need to push a trade for Johnson or Roy Williams.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-03-2008 01:31 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;428554]LOL! We don't need this guy. He's a first round bust. Penn State WR's rarely turn out to be good pro's. Someone is going to overpay for him and I hope it's not us.[I][B] I'd rather have Hackett.[/B][/I][/quote]

My question is why? They've had similar stats and Caldwell has been healthier than Hackett. I'm not saying either should be a number one, must like SS is saying. But I'm thinking let's not waste money on people like Hackett or Johnson in free agency and let's talk about the draft.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-03-2008 01:32 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;428556][I][B]"Insert Joke Here"[/B][/I]...that's what she said! Zing!!

Seriously though, if we want a number 2 to complement Santana Moss then I think Reche Caldwell is just fine.

But if we're looking for a #1 WR then we probably need to push a trade for Johnson or Roy Williams.[/quote]

I guess two inches shorter WOULD be a joke! ;)

celts32 03-03-2008 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection;428540]After looking at some freaking stats, what does Johnson have over Reche Caldwell besides 2 inches (insert joke here)?[/QUOTE]

In my mind Johnson has a little more upside. He is stuck behind 2 pro bowlers in Arizona. I wouldn't mind Johnson, but I would still rather try and get a trade for a true #1 WR.