Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WFT Free Agency Plan (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64816)

Chico23231 03-14-2021 01:46 PM

Re: WFT Free Agency Plan

[quote=skinsfaninok;1279081]Corey Davis would be A good compliment to Terry. Iíd take him over Will Fuller. I donít think Golladay is worth the $$. Same goes for Juju[/quote]

Juju and Fuller shouldnít be considered. Golladay is good but hasnít earned that huge contract as opposed to someone like Cooper who had proved it previously.

In a game where receiving talent is at a premium...you have to ask why these guys are getting passed on by their original teams.

GridIron26 03-15-2021 07:54 AM

We just resigned Hopkins

vallin21 03-15-2021 08:38 AM

[quote=GridIron26;1279104]We just resigned Hopkins[/quote]

At the least, we need to bring in some competition. Heís missed too many big kicks for us since heís been here.

Corey Davis is my top FA target, then Samuel. As others have mentioned, Golladay isnít worth the money heíll get, Juju and Fuller donít seem like RR culture guys.

Re-Sign Darby

Iíd like to see us address and upgrade LT.

skinsfaninok 03-15-2021 09:46 AM

Darby is testing the marker per Rap Sheet

MTK 03-15-2021 09:47 AM

Darby could end up getting a nice contract. He played really well last year.

skinsfaninok 03-15-2021 09:50 AM

Yeah I hope we keep him

Chico23231 03-15-2021 10:41 AM

Corner market isnít great, he could get paid. The issue with Darby is consistency with a considerable injury history...he was able to stay healthy in a scheme that fit his talent. My preference was to bring him back.

SunnySide 03-15-2021 10:52 AM

I dont think any of the top WR or TE free agents are worth big money.

WR - Rashard Higgins
TE - Jesse James

CB - William Jackson or Darby or both ... Id take both but I hope they get at least 1

S - with the emergence of Curl, we dont need another starting safety but I would love a Harris or Simmons and then move Curl as the 3rd corner in nickel and dime like we did before Collins injury.

EdmundDorf 03-15-2021 11:41 AM

I think last year showed they are willing to take a swing at a big money talent but are not interested in over paying middle of the road players

SunnySide 03-15-2021 11:49 AM

[quote=EdmundDorf;1279121]I think last year showed they are willing to take a swing at a big money talent but are not interested in over paying middle of the road players[/quote]

Id respectfully disagree. Skins only offered 23M in guarantees to Cooper vs Boys 60M in guarantees. Skins never made a compititve offer. Looking at this years FA crop .. kinda wish they did go big for Cooper in hindsight.

Skins did go "middle of the road" last year and went 4 for 4

CB Fuller - 4yrs/40M
G Wes Schweitzer - 3/13.5
TE Thomas - 2/6
CB - Darby 1/4

punch it in 03-15-2021 12:21 PM

[QUOTE=SunnySide;1279122]Id respectfully disagree. Skins only offered 23M in guarantees to Cooper vs Boys 60M in guarantees. Skins never made a compititve offer. Looking at this years FA crop .. kinda wish they did go big for Cooper in hindsight.

Skins did go "middle of the road" last year and went 4 for 4

CB Fuller - 4yrs/40M

G Wes Schweitzer - 3/13.5

TE Thomas - 2/6

CB - Darby 1/4[/QUOTE]

Im not a big fan of Fuller. 3 for 4 is good though.

Ruhskins 03-15-2021 12:36 PM

In terms of WR, I think we have to get a FA WR and I'm fine swinging big for Golladay. I know the draft is deep in WR this year, but we can't have a rookie be the 2nd receiving option for this team. If we get Golladay, we'd have a situation of WR1a and WR1b, which I'm fine with. At the very least we need a solid WR2 (Davis/Samuel) to go along with Terry. I don't think we should go into next season with an unknown rookie piece as the 2nd wide out.

EdmundDorf 03-15-2021 12:43 PM

I would contend that the last three were bottom of the market, and they didn't overpay for them, $3m per year is bottom of the market for vets these days

Chico23231 03-15-2021 12:43 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1279132]In terms of WR, I think we have to get a FA WR and I'm fine swinging big for Golladay. I know the draft is deep in WR this year, but we can't have a rookie be the 2nd receiving option for this team. If we get Golladay, we'd have a situation of WR1a and WR1b, which I'm fine with. At the very least we need a solid WR2 (Davis/Samuel) to go along with Terry. I don't think we should go into next season with an unknown rookie piece as the 2nd wide out.[/quote]

Iíd prefer a plan to bring in a FA WR to compliment Terry and not pay a guy to be the defacto number 1. I think thatís a perfect world scenario where Terry continues his path towards a top 5 receiver in the league

Chief X_Phackter 03-15-2021 02:22 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1279132]In terms of WR, I think we have to get a FA WR and I'm fine swinging big for Golladay. I know the draft is deep in WR this year, but we can't have a rookie be the 2nd receiving option for this team. If we get Golladay, we'd have a situation of WR1a and WR1b, which I'm fine with. At the very least we need a solid WR2 (Davis/Samuel) to go along with Terry. I don't think we should go into next season with an unknown rookie piece as the 2nd wide out.[/quote]

Well I think if you get the pick right, and he's the right fit for the system, a rookie can most definitely be the 2nd receiving option (if not the #1) - see Claypool, Higgins, Lamb, Jefferson, etc. from last year.

I think it would be a mistake to overpay for a WR in free agency considering what is already on the roster and how deep the draft is for that position.