Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Come up with a new name for the Redskins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64635)

Ruhskins 12-03-2021 03:44 PM

Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

[quote=JackLord;1302055]No, it is not ridiculous at all. Stand down for a moment and hear me out.

Snyder is still there and will remain for my lifetime. That Snyder has destroyed the franchise is no longer debatable. It was actually pretty clear by the time the debacles with Jeff George and Marty Schottenheimer took place. Yet, that was only the beginning and it continues. It always will.

But ... there was still history and tradition. Coupled with loyalty, most of us soldiered on and cheered our team. Now even that is being taken away even though with the right tweak, it could more or less continue.

So in the end, we will have a team with a ludicrous name run by a guy who honestly needs an army of shrinks and lifetime supply of Thorazine. The Washington Commanders owned by Daniel Snyder. Not much to love there.

I wish I could be as sanguine about this as you. But I am being asked to devote loyalty to what is for all intents and purposes a brand new football team owned by a vile man. Why exactly is it ridiculous to want to leave that?

Thanks for listening.[/quote]

You do you man.

But changing the name of the team is the least damaging thing that Snyder has done to this franchise.

Chief X_Phackter 12-03-2021 04:07 PM

And in today's soft-ass, politically correct, erase our history - state of affairs, there was no way it wasn't going to happen. He didn't "do it", he is merely acquiescing.

Chico23231 12-03-2021 04:22 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1302060]And in today's soft-ass, politically correct, erase our history - state of affairs, there was no way it wasn't going to happen. He didn't "do it", he is merely acquiescing.[/quote]

Succinct and correct.

This soft ass generation who somehow thinks appropriate to use today society norms to apply to folks…300, 400 hundred years ago…these people wouldn’t have last a second back then.

mooby 12-03-2021 04:31 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1302060]And in today's soft-ass, politically correct, erase our history - state of affairs, there was no way it wasn't going to happen. He didn't "do it", he is merely acquiescing.[/quote]

+1

You guys know where I lean politically but this nonsense over words is just nonsense. I hear offensive shit every day - some of it intentionally, some who aren't aware that they're being offensive. Life goes on. I'm more concerned with those who intentionally mean to do us harm vs. a team name that has been around for almost 100 years.

Anyways, someone on Reddit said the shortening of Commanders is gonna be commies - and they're not wrong. Washington commies should make it removed from the list right away.

At this point in time my #1 name on the non-offensive list we find ourselves picking from is Washington Football Club. Let's be the first American non-soccer team to start that trend.

JackLord 12-03-2021 04:35 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1302058]You do you man.

But changing the name of the team is the least damaging thing that Snyder has done to this franchise.[/quote]

I would agree and don't really blame him. Most would have capitulated.

None the less, we left with essentially a new team with Dan Snyder at the helm.

If the Washington Commanders were to be owned by JKC, Art Rooney, Steve Biscotti, or someone like you, it would be palatable.

But .... they won't be. :embarrass

FrenchSkin 12-03-2021 08:40 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1302040]Commandos would actually be better than Commanders. At least Commandos are bad ass...[/quote]

Agreed. Not great, but at least a touch of bad assness...

calia 12-05-2021 11:07 AM

Not a fan of Commanders. I’d prefer Wolves or Red Wolves, but I’ll root for the team in any case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nonniey 12-05-2021 12:28 PM

[quote=JackLord;1302055]No, it is not ridiculous at all. Stand down for a moment and hear me out.

Snyder is still there and will remain for my lifetime. That Snyder has destroyed the franchise is no longer debatable. It was actually pretty clear by the time the debacles with Jeff George and Marty Schottenheimer took place. Yet, that was only the beginning and it continues. It always will.

But ... there was still history and tradition. Coupled with loyalty, most of us soldiered on and cheered our team. Now even that is being taken away even though with the right tweak, it could more or less continue.

So in the end, we will have a team with a ludicrous name run by a guy who honestly needs an army of shrinks and lifetime supply of Thorazine. The Washington Commanders owned by Daniel Snyder. Not much to love there.

I wish I could be as sanguine about this as you. But I am being asked to devote loyalty to what is for all intents and purposes a brand new football team owned by a vile man. Why exactly is it ridiculous to want to leave that?

Thanks for listening.[/quote]

Just ignore the name change. Refer to them as the Redskins, you'd be surprised how many do (Even Troy Aikman).

JGisLordOfTheRings 12-05-2021 02:51 PM

Commanders is just so, so, SO......bad.

rocnrik 12-05-2021 02:56 PM

There were lots of redskin stuff worn by fans last Monday night .. including singing HTTR .. unofficial by the fans ! I refer to them as Skins or Washington.. it’s hard to say football team ..

rocnrik 12-05-2021 03:02 PM

[quote=JGisLordOfTheRings;1302162]Commanders is just so, so, SO......bad.[/quote]

No worse than those other choices .. let’s be real other than Warpath which I loved! ( and the native Americans had a issue with that ) nothing has been great .. I don’t hate the Wolves however it’s just too easy to name teams after animals .. if it is commanders it will at least have some relevant to area ( I’m sure it’s all military theme and DC is the home of The pentagon.. I don’t know if there is any name folks will all agree is good .. heck the Redskins was obviously hated by some .

JackLord 12-05-2021 09:07 PM

Considering our recent victories, I propose Washington Nail Biters.

kct1975 12-05-2021 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=JackLord;1302553]Considering our recent victories, I propose Washington Nail Biters.[/QUOTE]LOL [emoji16] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 12-05-2021 09:28 PM

This team sure has commanded our attention over the last month..

CRedskinsRule 12-08-2021 10:36 PM

So the family of the man who created the logo is trying to get the rights to use it "so that it can become the face of the Blackie Wetzel Warrior Society, an organization that raises awareness about social inequities on Native American reservations and*missing and murdered Indigenous women. Native Americans"

[url]https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/sports/washington-football-teams-ex-logo[/url]

I have no problem with this, I wonder if all the people who took offense by its use will come out to object. Hmmmm.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk