Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Roster Cuts coming and gone (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=43769)

CRedskinsRule 08-30-2011 08:41 AM

Roster Cuts coming and gone

I don't have any breaking news but with all the cuts about to happen, seemed to me like a new thread might be in order. Anyone see a surprise cut or two from the Skins this round. I think Malcolm Kelly is the biggest cut coming. He has yet to play, or practice, and I think the FO has had enough. If he isn't ready to go, and MS said that his injury isn't worthy of IR, than why keep him, even for the TB game?

NC_Skins 08-30-2011 08:44 AM

Re: Roster Cuts coming and gone

[url]http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/43323-2011-redskins-roster-aquisition-deletion-list.html[/url]

Lotus 08-30-2011 09:51 AM

[quote=NC_Skins;829070][url]http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/43323-2011-redskins-roster-aquisition-deletion-list.html[/url][/quote]

Redirect to a closed thread. Brilliant!

CRed, I agree that Kelly is likely gone. I've always liked him and his loss makes me sad but it is a necessary move.

CRedskinsRule 08-30-2011 10:00 AM

[quote=Lotus;829084]Redirect to a closed thread. Brilliant!

CRed, I agree that Kelly is likely gone. I've always liked him and his loss makes me sad but it is a necessary move.[/quote]

I figured this thread could take over where the part 3 FA threads left off. Over the course of the next week I believe 1100 or so NFL players will lose their job, certainly some will be discussed as potential Skins players, or just out of the shock value of some of the names.

Kelly is a shame, because of his seeming potential, but what a shame his body just never went along.

NC_Skins 08-30-2011 10:22 AM

[quote=Lotus;829084]Redirect to a closed thread. Brilliant!
[/quote]

It's a thread at the very top of this forum. You are supposed to PM the mods the changes in the roster and they update it. They call them "Sticky-ed Threads"

Brilliant!

edit: Just change the title to reflect NFL Free Agency Part 4 (roster cuts/additions) and ask mods to close the other one. It's probably time to restart another one anyway.

Daseal 08-30-2011 10:51 AM

If you do update the new thread, can you please have a new section for "after camp" cuts? Or maybe Cut down to 75: and then Cut down to 53:

Sometimes threads like that, if unorganized, can be confusing.

Jontrem 08-30-2011 10:56 AM

Predictions of cuts at this point are difficult but here are some guys who I think are on the bubble and won't make it:
Banks (the new KO rules really hurt him and combined with his health questions no need to keep him)
Niles Paul (hope he stays on the PS though as I can see him being able to contribute to this team
Royster will be cut maybe put on the PS
Clemens will be cut
MK cut as well

There is a few, no earth shaking predictions there I guess

Defensewins 08-30-2011 11:03 AM

It is looking like Mike Sellers will be cut. Paulsen has demonstrated he is ready to take Sellers roster spot.

Malcolm Kelly will join the rest of the Vincenzo Cerrato draft picks in the unemployment line. Jarvis Jenkins has demonstrated NFL potential. MK has not.

Bucket 08-30-2011 11:36 AM

Paulsen has demonstrated that he's ready to take the #2 spot, and move Davis to #1. I love Cooley, but he now has a bum knee and Paulsen blocks better.

I dont think we would ever trade Cooley though, and I think he'll be here till his last days in the NFL

SmootSmack 08-30-2011 11:46 AM

Ben Chappell

skinsfaninok 08-30-2011 11:55 AM

Stallworth for sure IMO

CRedskinsRule 08-30-2011 12:05 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;829125]Ben Chappell[/quote]

Smoooot!!!

granthpaulsen Grant Paulsen
A league source confirms that the #Redskins will release QB Ben Chappell as part of today's first batch of roster cuts.
14 seconds ago

SmootSmack 08-30-2011 12:14 PM

I mean it wasn't a prediction. I knew it was coming so I posted it. Wait, is this thread for predictions?

Clint Stisner or whatever his name is is gone as well.

SirClintonPortis 08-30-2011 12:43 PM

Stallworth's lack of effort on the Beck pick is sure to knock him off the roster.

BigHairedAristocrat 08-30-2011 01:02 PM

Who will be this years Ade Jimoh - a player everyone thinks should be cut, but he sticks around year after year for no reason at all, other than that he must blackmailed a coach?

My vote is Kellen Clemmons. As useless as he is to us, i cant see us not going with 3 QBs.