Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the NFL Preseason week 3 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=48908)

skinsfaninok 08-21-2012 06:59 PM

Around the NFL Preseason week 3

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/agent-mjd-wants-to-play-for-an-owner-who-respects-him-and-values-what-he-brings-to-a-team/2012/08/21/cfdb1042-ebe2-11e1-866f-60a00f604425_story.html]Agent: MJD ‘wants to play for an owner who respects him and values what he brings to a team’ - The Washington Post[/url]

MJD anyone?

JoeRedskin 08-21-2012 07:16 PM

Sure. If they'll take a 7th rounder for him. Even then, how could we afford him?

I assume you are being facetious.

skinsfaninok 08-21-2012 07:31 PM

Yeah I am, no way we can afford mjd

Alvin Walton 08-21-2012 08:21 PM

Re: Around the NFL Preseason week 3

I would just like to say eff the Bears because my wife is a bears fan and eff the Lions because I live in Lions country.
And while we're at it, efff the whole Norris division.

punch it in 08-21-2012 09:08 PM

[quote=Alvin Walton;932595]I would just like to say eff the Bears because my wife is a bears fan and eff the Lions because I live in Lions country.
And while we're at it, efff the whole Norris division.[/quote]

The Caps were once part of the Norris division..................

skinsfan69 08-21-2012 11:16 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;932583][URL="http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/agent-mjd-wants-to-play-for-an-owner-who-respects-him-and-values-what-he-brings-to-a-team/2012/08/21/cfdb1042-ebe2-11e1-866f-60a00f604425_story.html"]Agent: MJD ‘wants to play for an owner who respects him and values what he brings to a team’ - The Washington Post[/URL]

MJD anyone?[/quote]

He needs to suck up his pride and report.

skinsfaninok 08-21-2012 11:44 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfan69;932617]He needs to suck up his pride and report.[/QUOTE]

He is their best player by far but again I love how kahn is basically telling him goodbye

Ruhskins 08-22-2012 12:59 AM

Still amazes me how pro owner fans are.

MJD was the Jags offense last year and let the NFL in rushing. If the Jags are too cheap to give him a deal, they should trade him. Unfortunately this is lose-lose situation for players like MJD (and Mike Wallace). Too bad the NFLPA couldn't work something out to allow players to be traded in situations like this.

WestCoastSkinsFan 08-22-2012 01:09 AM

I love Jones-Drew. Absolutely love him. BUT...

You sign a contract extension in 09. It makes you one of the highest-paid RBs in the league. Negotiate something else in the first place or honor the contract.

Ruhskins 08-22-2012 01:20 AM

[quote=WestCoastSkinsFan;932635]I love Jones-Drew. Absolutely love him. BUT...

You sign a contract extension in 09. It makes you one of the highest-paid RBs in the league. Negotiate something else in the first place or honor the contract.[/quote]

When MJD signed his contract, he became one of the top 3 highest paid RBs in the league. The other two RBs were Steven Jackson and Larry Johnson. Another RB that was a top earner in 2009 was our own Clinton Portis. Right now Portis is about to retire, I don't know/think Johnson is employed, and Jackson is still playing ball but not at his 2009 level.

Last season, when MJD led the league in rushing, he was the 9th highest paid RB in the league behind CJ, Peterson, Jackson, DMC, DeAngelo Williams, Michael Turner, Arian Foster, and Reggie Bush. He might be 10th after Rice signed his contract.

If the Jags don't want to pay him, they should trade him.

EARTHQUAKE2689 08-22-2012 01:37 AM

[quote=Ruhskins;932633]Still amazes me how pro owner fans are.

MJD was the Jags offense last year and let the NFL in rushing. If the Jags are too cheap to give him a deal, they should trade him. Unfortunately this is lose-lose situation for players like MJD (and Mike Wallace). Too bad the NFLPA couldn't work something out to allow players to be traded in situations like this.[/quote]

I agree 100%. If we could afford MJD, I would take him in a heartbeat, but I now we can't and while the thought of a backfield of RGIII and MJD has me dancing in my living room for no reason at all; I will stay in reality and hope for a good season from Helu, Royster, Hightower, and Morris. (If he makes the team.)

Ruhskins 08-22-2012 01:42 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;932642]I agree 100%. If we could afford MJD, I would take him in a heartbeat, but I now we can't and while the thought of a backfield of RGIII and MJD has me dancing in my living room for no reason at all; I will stay in reality and hope for a good season from Helu, Royster, Hightower, and Morris. (If he makes the team.)[/quote]

Maybe Morris can become our own MJD.

EARTHQUAKE2689 08-22-2012 01:48 AM

[quote=Ruhskins;932643]Maybe Morris can become our own MJD.[/quote]

If any of our running backs can become anything close to MJD, I will a) shit a brick and b) invite everyone over to my house for an Alfred Morris appreciation party.

Giantone 08-22-2012 04:17 AM

MJD was the Jags offense last year and let the NFL in rushing. If the Jags are too cheap to give him a deal, they should trade him. Unfortunately this is lose-lose situation for players like MJD (and Mike Wallace). Too bad the NFLPA couldn't work something out to allow players to be traded in situations like this.[/quote]

Like what, I mean he is under contract,correct?So eveytime a player has one good year ....he can go where ever he wants ,regardless of his contractual obligations,according to you...correct?

SBXVII 08-22-2012 07:23 AM

Sometimes it's not about being too cheap, sometimes it's about budgeting and knowing the money that they bring in which is not as much as other teams since there was a rumor they woe be leaving because of fan attendance and lack of funds. Then there is paying all the bills and players and new players you budgeted for and now you have your star RB holding out for more money you might not have right now.

Or it could just be the new owner is setting a principal that he won't be bullied into a hold out that wants more money when he's already got a contract he should live up to first then get the big dollars.