Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=45849)

SmootSmack 12-29-2011 01:15 PM

Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

[quote=That Guy;870940]sanchez is meh for me. rather have bradford. or drew brees :P[/quote]

Who wouldn't want Brees? Although with his age, and where we are I'd probably pass...but I'll take his backup.

I'll take Bradford over Sanchez but I don't think the gap between the two is as large as most believe, but the asking price would be

mredskins 12-29-2011 01:23 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;870944]Who wouldn't want Brees? Although with his age, and where we are I'd probably pass...but I'll take his backup.

I'll take Bradford over Sanchez but I don't think the gap between the two is as large as most believe, but the asking price would be[/quote]

Brees and Manning are great now by the time we put the pieces around them to make them work they will be on the decline. you only want manning or brees if you are a 49ers type team.

That Guy 12-29-2011 09:34 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;870564]speaking of 3rds... any chance we get a compensatory 3rd rounder for rogers?[/quote]

its about how many FA's you lose vs how many you sign (not re-sign ala grossman) primarily, then contract details etc.

we signed bowen, OA, and cofield (all big contracts), we lost rogers... we're +2, so it's doubtful we'll get much of anything this year.

SFREDSKIN 12-29-2011 11:11 PM

Keith Price QB Washington is putting a show and out performing RGIII.

GTripp0012 12-29-2011 11:27 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;870944]Who wouldn't want Brees? Although with his age, and where we are I'd probably pass...but I'll take his backup.

[B]I'll take Bradford over Sanchez but I don't think the gap between the two is as large as most believe, but the asking price would be[/B][/quote]It's a pretty small gap, but I think they both profile as no. 2 QBs in the 2012 season.

It would be great if we could acquire a 25 or 26 year old QB with 2 or 3 years experience as a starter on your bench in case you needed to bring someone in cold and win a big NFC East game. That would be a huge asset to any team. I just don't think either profiles as much more than a developmental starter at this point. They both exhibit limited quarterback skills right now.

I think they would both sit behind Grossman here. But that is a huge improvement over Beck, who is basically worthless, to have someone who you can turn to that is both young and has been around the block before.

skinsfaninok 12-30-2011 12:24 AM

IDK how anyone can judge Bradford when he has had the worst talented team in the NFL by far around him.

tc2deuce 12-30-2011 01:06 AM

RGIII will be a blessing if he comes here!!

CultBrennan59 12-30-2011 01:20 AM

[url=http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/16640700/trading-bradford-to-draft-a-quarterback-makes-no-sense-for-rams]Trading Bradford to draft quarterback makes no sense for Rams - NFL - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com[/url]

GTripp0012 12-30-2011 01:23 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;871093]IDK how anyone can judge Bradford when he has had the worst talented team in the NFL by far around him.[/quote]No one had a problem doing that with Russell.

GTripp0012 12-30-2011 01:30 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;871102][url=http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/16640700/trading-bradford-to-draft-a-quarterback-makes-no-sense-for-rams]Trading Bradford to draft quarterback makes no sense for Rams - NFL - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com[/url][/quote]When Balzer makes the argument that Bradford and Griffin were similar college passers, he's correct, but it's incomplete. That's like saying that Tebow and Bradford are really similar passers at the pro level. Which is also true, but it ignores all the differences between them. Or what makes one passable while the other wins fewer than 1/3 of his games.

If someone will offer the Rams a first round pick for Bradford, it would be [B]negligent[/B] of them to not trade him. It doesn't matter whether he goes and has great success elsewhere or not. The point is: you're never going to be able to get value on him later. And if you hire the right GM and coach, you won't be picking this high again for a long time.

And I totally get the argument that Griffin will fail if he's given the same amount of help as Bradford. I get that. I've made that argument about the Redskins and their QB situation. But again: if you're getting a top 40 pick for Sam Bradford [I]now[/I]? You take it and laugh all the way to the bank. Even if Bradford turns out okay elsewhere, you've still won the trade.

SkinzWin 12-30-2011 07:58 AM

[quote=GTripp0012;871105]When Balzer makes the argument that Bradford and Griffin were similar college passers, he's correct, but it's incomplete. That's like saying that Tebow and Bradford are really similar passers at the pro level. Which is also true, but it ignores all the differences between them. Or what makes one passable while the other wins fewer than 1/3 of his games.

If someone will offer the Rams a first round pick for Bradford, it would be [B]negligent[/B] of them to not trade him. It doesn't matter whether he goes and has great success elsewhere or not. The point is: you're never going to be able to get value on him later. And if you hire the right GM and coach, you won't be picking this high again for a long time.

And I totally get the argument that Griffin will fail if he's given the same amount of help as Bradford. I get that. I've made that argument about the Redskins and their QB situation. But again: if you're getting a top 40 pick for Sam Bradford [I]now[/I]? You take it and laugh all the way to the bank. Even if Bradford turns out okay elsewhere, you've still won the trade.[/quote]

I tend to agree and think a Bradford trade would make the most sense for the Rams and Redskins.

1) We wouldn't have to give up three 1sts and two 2nds to get Luck. We would have to give up most likely just one 1st.
2) St. Louis picks up an additional 1st and still gets the #1 prospect QB who is supposed to be so great in Luck.

Result: We would end up with a talented young QB with a lot of upside for minimal picks and the Rams would still have their franchise QB and gain a pick. WIN-WIN.

mredskins 12-30-2011 08:16 AM

I watched the game last night Almo Bowl. Great game. What I saw in RGIII was ATL Vick. Lots of running very little actual QBing. Based on that game only and I know that is stupid to do but I would pass on him. I don't see him working in this O.

redskins5044 12-30-2011 08:25 AM

[quote=mredskins;871126]I watched the game last night Almo Bowl. Great game. What I saw in RGIII was ATL Vick. Lots of running very little actual QBing. Based on that game only and I know that is stupid to do but I would pass on him. I don't see him working in this O.[/quote]

i was at the game last night and that game is not the game to judge him, washington defense is horrible. i havent seen any other of his games this season. i tend to believe his high completion % is due to the type of offense they run. he threw a lot of screens and his wr we open the whole game. the huskies D plays wr's like the skins they play 10 yards off the wr. so i tend to think he is more of a project, but just look at cam newton so anything is possible.

mredskins 12-30-2011 08:29 AM

[quote=redskins5044;871128]i was at the game last night and that game is not the game to judge him, washington defense is horrible. i havent seen any other of his games this season. i tend to believe his high completion % is due to the type of offense they run. he threw a lot of screens and his wr we open the whole game. the huskies D plays wr's like the skins they play 10 yards off the wr. so i tend to think he is more of a project, but just look at cam newton so anything is possible.[/quote]

Price on the other hand made my mouth water!

sportscurmudgeon 12-30-2011 04:21 PM

[quote=mredskins;871126]I watched the game last night Almo Bowl. Great game. What I saw in RGIII was ATL Vick. Lots of running very little actual QBing. Based on that game only and I know that is stupid to do but I would pass on him. I don't see him working in this O.[/quote]

Griffin will not work in this offense [B]as it is currently constructed and set up for Rex Grossman[/B] - - or John Beck for that matter. If the Skins were to acquire Griffin, there would have to be changes made in the system by the coaches - - lots more rollouts; moving the pocket more than twice a game; QB option run plays; spread formations; shotgun formations.

If the coaches are not willing to make those changes, then they must NOT take Griffin even if he is available because his game does not match Rex Grosmman's game even a little bit and this offense is designed and called for a Rex Grossman-type QB.

When Vick went to Philly, Andy Reid and Marty Mornhinweig changed the way Vick played in the pocket [B]PLUS[/B] the coaches changed the way they spread the field on offense and the way they moved the QB around. Both player and coach made changes; that is why it worked there; that is the way it would have to work here.