Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=45849)

KI Skins Fan 01-28-2012 12:33 PM

Re: The Big Rumor: If The Colts Take Luck, Then Manning Could Be...

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;879670]this has gone from a LEGITIMATE SMOOTSMACK RUMOR THREAD OF AWESOMENESS to an EXTREMESKIN-ESQUE RIDICULOUS SPECULATION AND COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC TRADE SPECULATION THREAD OF SUCK.[/quote]

:laughing- So true!

It's SmootSmack's fault for not providing us with the instant gratification we crave and then taunting us about it.

skinsfan69 01-28-2012 01:40 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;879622]What about this package:

Rams get:
2012 pick #6
2012 4th rounder
Santana Moss
2013 1st rounder

Redskins get:
2012 pick #2 (RGIII)[/quote]

We're not in a position to give up draft picks. We can get a QB with the picks we have. Cincy got Dalton in the 2nd round and made the playoffs and they have a better future than we do.

skinsfan69 01-28-2012 01:42 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;879671]It gets so old debating what crazy **** tard moves this team will make every damn winter.[/quote]

We're the KINGS of the off season! Gas up Redskins One as soon at free agency starts!

sportscurmudgeon 01-28-2012 02:21 PM

Jeeez! I have to go away for a day and the thread explodes...

Let me try to clarify some things here:

1. Smootsmack's original posting about a "big-time rumor" does NOT match exactly with the "big-time rumor" that I have heard. They are similar but they are not the same. Frankly, the one he has heard makes a bit more sense to me than the one I keep hearing about - - but who says that everything involving the Washington Redskins has to make sense...?

2. With regard to timing, the rumor I have been hearing has been "hours away from announcement" about three different times in the past week. Yet, it never happened. My conclusion is that if it happens, it will happen in its own time and I am not going to have any real advance notice I can depend on. I do not know if Smootsmack's sources have a better sense of the timing here than my sources do.

Remember the old TV commercial where Orson Welles would intone:
[INDENT]We will sell no wine before its time.[/INDENT]

The current state of affairs would seem to be:
[INDENT]We will make no announcements before thier time.[/INDENT]

Patience...

KI Skins Fan 01-28-2012 02:31 PM

^ How can they announce a deal before the League Year begins? Are they going to announce their intentions to make a deal? That's the part I don't understand at all.