Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video of every throw by Vince Young last season (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=42428)

SirClintonPortis 05-23-2011 12:27 AM

Video of every throw by Vince Young last season

[YT]VnCZ7N_H5fE[/YT]

Vid is NOT mine nor would I have found it if it weren't for Lavarleap56(not his either) finding it and posting it on ES.

htownskinfan 05-23-2011 08:10 AM

Re: Video of every throw by Vince Young last season

I watched a couple minutes of it,looked like every attempted throw,including sacks.Im not about to spend a hr n 1/2 watching it,someone else do it and tell me how it looks :)

SBXVII 05-23-2011 11:00 AM

[url=http://www.aolnews.com/2008/09/14/vince-young-has-a-history-of-being-really-really-sensitive-to/]Vince Young Has a History of Being Really, Really Sensitive to Criticism[/url][QUOTE]Today, the NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that this isn't the first time the Titans have had to deal with a dispirited, depressed and oversensitive Vince Young:
"There's a lot we don't know about Vince Young, but now there's more and more that we do know. We do know that in last season's wild-card loss to the Chargers, Young had a similar circumstance to the one he experienced during the opener.

He went in at halftime and basically had to be persuaded to go back out onto the field to play again against San Diego in the second half of that game -- very similar to the opener when he wanted to take himself out of the game.

You go back to his rookie year, they were scheduled to play the Philadelphia Eagles, and he missed a flight to Philadelphia. At that time, he acted as if it was the Titans fault that they left him behind, rather than it being his fault that he was late for the flight. He had to be persuaded to come to Philadelphia. He wanted the Titans to go on without him.

I think we have seen that Vince Young is really very vulnerable to criticism; he doesn't take to it very well like other NFL players ... I think there are some people who still think he's going to quit, others who think he will bounce back from this. But there are big questions about Vince Young moving forward. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]In-studio analyst Marshall Faulk makes a good point: Young has never had to face criticism in his high school and college career, and this is something entirely new for him.[/QUOTE]

I'd perfer the Skins passed on this head job. Either he's often injured or he's faking injuries so he doesn't have to go back out on the field but either way I don't thing our coaching staff needs another problem to worry about like having to coax a QB to go back on the field. Plus if he does have insecurity issues then DC is not the place for him. McNabb was bood, Grossman was bood, JC was bood, .... Young will definitly not make it here after one game of the fans booing him. Better not even waist the money on him.

Dirtbag59 05-23-2011 11:21 AM

[quote=SBXVII;804028][url=http://www.aolnews.com/2008/09/14/vince-young-has-a-history-of-being-really-really-sensitive-to/]Vince Young Has a History of Being Really, Really Sensitive to Criticism[/url]

I'd perfer the Skins passed on this head job. Either he's often injured or he's faking injuries so he doesn't have to go back out on the field but either way I don't thing our coaching staff needs another p[B]roblem to worry about like having to coax a QB to go back on the field. Plus if he does have insecurity issues then DC is not the place for him. McNabb was bood, Grossman was bood, JC was bood,[/B] .... Young will definitly not make it here after one game of the fans booing him. Better not even waist the money on him.[/quote]

Still thats from 3 years ago. A lot can change in three years, look at what Vick was able to do. I have no doubts that Young suffers from depression and I do admit that if these reports are true that they're a bit disturbing but I have to say my attitude towards that story changed drastically when I saw the date. As I said in another thread, his recent feud with Fischer stemmed from wanting to play hurt, not take himself out of the game so if anything he's made progress int hat area.

SBXVII 05-23-2011 01:36 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;804038]Still thats from 3 years ago. [B]A lot can change in three years,[/B] look at what Vick was able to do. I have no doubts that Young suffers from depression and I do admit that if these reports are true that they're a bit disturbing but I have to say my attitude towards that story changed drastically when I saw the date. As I said in another thread, his recent feud with Fischer stemmed from wanting to play hurt, not take himself out of the game so if anything he's made progress int hat area.[/quote]

Totally agree with you. A lot can change for better or worse; ie; Haynesworth.

Defensewins 05-23-2011 03:18 PM

Nothing wrong with bringing in VY for cheap to compete for a [B]roster spot[/B]. The key is he has to come cheap. Both in cost to get him (none) and his contract has to be cheap.
He should be viewed as a backup who will compete with Beck and someone else (maybe Grossman) for the starting job.
It would be interesting to see VY run the naked bootlegs that MS likes because the defenses will have to be extra careful with VY's athleticism to make things happen on the edge. Especially if we can get our running game cranked up and if VY can get some accuracy and consistency going in the passing game. It would be tough to defend all of it. Our new WR's size (Hankerson) and speed (Aldrick Robinson) adds to this equation.
I am not saying this will definitely happen, I am just saying there is nothing to lose in trying it out.

SmootSmack 05-23-2011 03:20 PM

[quote=Defensewins;804064]Nothing wrong with bringing in VY for cheap to compete for a [B]roster spot[/B]. The key is he has to come cheap. Both in cost to get him (none) and his contract has to be cheap.
He should be viewed as a backup who will compete with Beck and someone else (maybe Grossman) for the starting job.
It would be interesting to see VY run the naked bootlegs that MS likes because the defenses will have to be extra careful with VY's athleticism to make things happen on the edge. Especially if we can get our running game cranked up and if VY can get some accuracy and consistency going in the passing game. It would be tough to defend all of it. Our new WR's size (Hankerson) and speed (Aldrick Robinson) adds to this equation.
I am not saying this will definitely happen, I am just saying there is nothing to lose in trying it out.[/quote]

Sums it up perfectly

firstdown 05-23-2011 03:44 PM

I think of him as the exact type of player that we need to stay away from. He is a head case and we don't need any of that on our team.

SBXVII 05-23-2011 03:50 PM

[quote=firstdown;804072]I think of him as the exact type of player that we need to stay away from. He is a head case and we don't need any of that on our team.[/quote]

Exactly. I don't even want to find out if he's salvagable or not. Pass. Even if he's free. Pass.

Everyone likes to make the deal sound soo sweet, but I keep seeing a Lemon.

MTK 05-23-2011 03:53 PM

[quote=Defensewins;804064]Nothing wrong with bringing in VY for cheap to compete for a [B]roster spot[/B]. The key is he has to come cheap. Both in cost to get him (none) and his contract has to be cheap.
I am not saying this will definitely happen, I am just saying there is nothing to lose in trying it out.[/quote]

Yup, agreed. I think that's exactly what we'll do... bring him in on the cheap and let him earn a spot. Nothing guaranteed.

diehard 05-23-2011 03:53 PM

I beg to differ. People don't change. Discipline lasts only as long as one's motivation.

Watching the tape, it seems as if Young doesn't have a lot of form and/or footwork. A lot of throws he makes looks like he playing 'hot potato' with his WRs and RBs.

SirClintonPortis 05-23-2011 04:24 PM

Seems like the amateur psychologists are in full gear now.

SirClintonPortis 05-23-2011 04:30 PM

[quote=SBXVII;804028][url=http://www.aolnews.com/2008/09/14/vince-young-has-a-history-of-being-really-really-sensitive-to/]Vince Young Has a History of Being Really, Really Sensitive to Criticism[/url]

I'd perfer the Skins passed on this head job. Either he's often injured or he's faking injuries so he doesn't have to go back out on the field but either way I don't thing our coaching staff needs another problem to worry about like having to coax a QB to go back on the field. Plus if he does have insecurity issues then DC is not the place for him. McNabb was bood, Grossman was bood, JC was bood, .... Young will definitly not make it here after one game of the fans booing him. Better not even waist the money on him.[/quote]

Yeah, but last season, he was furious that he was "benched" by Fisher after sustaining a hand injury. You're "proof" that he is still the selfish faker does not hold much strength.

diehard 05-23-2011 05:46 PM

^ "Your" is misused for "You're" all the time. It's almost odd you did it the other way around...

Son Of Man 05-23-2011 05:53 PM

Watched through the Giants game so far, my opinion hasn't changed. Get VY in here, let him compete to be the guy. We won't have to give up any draft picks and should be able to pay him modestly compared to other starting QB's. Worst case scenario is he stinks it up and we ship him out. Best case scenario, a 3rd overall pick talent puts it all together and leads our team for the next 5-8 years. Middle of the road, he is a solid starter who helps us win games, improves our running game (Jaime Dukes theory), takes pressure off of our ZBS style lineman and wins some games while we locate the QB of the future.

Ruhskins 05-23-2011 05:57 PM

[quote=SirClintonPortis;804081]Seems like the amateur psychologists are in full gear now.[/quote]

Or wishful thinkers. Everyone wants players that are saints under the age of 25. LOL.

SBXVII 05-23-2011 06:38 PM

[quote=SirClintonPortis;804082]Yeah, but last season, he was furious that he was "benched" by Fisher after sustaining a hand injury. You're "proof" that he is still the selfish faker does not hold much strength.[/quote]

I never called him a faker. I simply don't think he's worth bthe hassle. Has he not been injured the last 2 or 3 seasons? when was the last time he completed a sseason? Then there are his tempertantrums he likes to throw, ie; not telling his HC he was going to visit his personal doctor and coming up missing for the team to contact the police to find out if he was ok. I guess people forget laughing at him when the Skins played the Titans and he left the field, then wanted back out, then went back in the locker room, then came back out pissed off? then bad mouthed the team after the game.

No thanks I'd pass on him.

SBXVII 05-23-2011 06:42 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;804100]Or wishful thinkers. Everyone wants players that are saints under the age of 25. LOL.[/quote]

No, but we definitly don't want head cases. VY is mental. Pass.

Hog1 05-23-2011 06:44 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;804100]Or wishful thinkers. [B]Everyone wants players that are saints under the age of 25.[/B] LOL.[/quote]

I have not actually seen that post?
What I have seen is posters suggesting that we eliminate:
Known felons, and those that would like to be......
people that shoot themselves in their body parts
psychotics...LIKE Vince Young
Seriously, with the problems and years of poor player choices we have made in Sooo many area's, you would advocate the selection of anybody that is a known problem child?
And further burden a struggling program and locker room, if the recent press is to be believed?
YEEEOOOW!
Vinnie....is that you??

Defensewins 05-23-2011 07:17 PM

[quote=SBXVII;804104][B]I never called him a faker.[/B] I simply don't think he's worth bthe hassle. Has he not been injured the last 2 or 3 seasons? when was the last time he completed a sseason? Then there are his tempertantrums he likes to throw, ie; not telling his HC he was going to visit his personal doctor and coming up missing for the team to contact the police to find out if he was ok. I guess people forget laughing at him when the Skins played the Titans and he left the field, then wanted back out, then went back in the locker room, then came back out pissed off? then bad mouthed the team after the game.

No thanks I'd pass on him.[/quote]

Yes you did. Here is your post.

I'd perfer the Skins passed on this head job. Either he's often injured or [B][U]he's faking injuries so he doesn't have to go back out on the field [/U][/B]but either way I don't thing our coaching staff needs another problem to worry about like having to coax a QB to go back on the field. Plus if he does have insecurity issues then DC is not the place for him. McNabb was bood, Grossman was bood, JC was bood, .... Young will definitly not make it here after one game of the fans booing him. Better not even waist the money on him.[/quote]

Dirtbag59 05-23-2011 08:05 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;804100]Or wishful thinkers. Everyone wants players that are saints under the age of 25. LOL.[/quote]

Is it really to much to ask for a young player that wakes up at 6 AM workouts for 3 hours studies film for 5, then goes to the local hospital and helps out for at least 5 hours after which they go to bed and do the same thing the next day?

SBXVII 05-23-2011 10:35 PM

[quote=Defensewins;804107]Yes you did. Here is your post.[/quote]

Oh yeah, No. Look I said "he's EITHER often injured, or he's faking. To me he's often injured. But if the rest of you prefer to think of him as a faker then so be it.

Which is it? would you prefer that he's been injured each year and not been able to finish? or would you prefer to think of him as faking his injuries so he doesn't have to be on the field? It's YOUR choice.

SBXVII 05-23-2011 10:37 PM

[quote=Dirtbag59;804111]Is it really to much to ask for a young player that wakes up at 6 AM workouts for 3 hours studies film for 5, then goes to the local hospital and helps out for at least 5 hours after which they go to bed and do the same thing the next day?[/quote]

Wait..... is he helping out by making arts and crafts? or is he helping out by signing autographs?

Dirtbag59 05-23-2011 10:42 PM

[quote=SBXVII;804136]Wait..... is he helping out by making arts and crafts? or is he helping out by signing autographs?[/quote]

Reading to the blind and elderly, playing checkers with the kids, giving the nurses presents for all their hard work. Simple stuff.

skinsfaninok 05-23-2011 10:46 PM

I won't look too deep into these VIDS until He's a Redskin

SmootSmack 05-23-2011 10:48 PM

[url=http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/local/110523-young-continues-ties-to-houston]Young Continues Ties To Houston[/url]

[url=http://www.foxsportshouston.com/05/21/11/Without-a-team-Vince-Young-still-a-star/landing.html?blockID=526823&feedID=3714]Without a team, Vince Young still a star[/url]

SirClintonPortis 05-23-2011 11:32 PM

[quote=Hog1;804106]I have not actually seen that post?
What I have seen is posters suggesting that we eliminate:
Known felons, and those that would like to be......
people that shoot themselves in their body parts
psychotics...LIKE Vince Young
Seriously, with the problems and years of poor player choices we have made in Sooo many area's, you would advocate the selection of anybody that is a known problem child?
And further burden a struggling program and locker room, if the recent press is to be believed?
YEEEOOOW!
Vinnie....is that you??[/quote]Excellent, now we have someone trying to diagnose Young as someone who has[URL="http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001553.htm"] psychosis[/URL]. You must have telepathic powers.

Ruhskins 05-23-2011 11:48 PM

[quote=SirClintonPortis;804147]Excellent, now we have someone trying to diagnose Young as someone who has[URL="http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001553.htm"] psychosis[/URL]. You must have telepathic powers.[/quote]

What can I say, it is a talented board we have here.

hooskins 05-23-2011 11:49 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;804141][URL="http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/local/110523-young-continues-ties-to-houston"]Young Continues Ties To Houston[/URL]

[URL="http://www.foxsportshouston.com/05/21/11/Without-a-team-Vince-Young-still-a-star/landing.html?blockID=526823&feedID=3714"]Without a team, Vince Young still a star[/URL][/quote]

What an evil nutjob. So freaking selfish. Oh wait, this doesn't support my blind hatred for VY....

#56fanatic 05-24-2011 08:26 AM

I would hope to stay away from this guy. I dont care if he has grown up, and wants to prove this and that. I would rather lose with Rex, or Beck than have to watch this dudes head problem resurface in DC. His skin is so thin, no way he would last 8 games in DC. He couldn't last in TN for christ sake.

Hog1 05-24-2011 09:36 AM

[quote=SirClintonPortis;804147]Excellent, now we have someone trying to diagnose Young as someone who has[URL="http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001553.htm"] psychosis[/URL]. [B]You must have telepathic powers[/B].[/quote]

I DO! I have the power of common sense and anybody with it says let this guy walk.

I would rather lose with Rex, or Beck than have to watch this dudes head problem resurface in DC.--56Fanatic

SBXVII 05-24-2011 10:36 AM

This writer brings up the main reason I don't see VY here, Fischer and Shanahan are friends and if Fischer was a hard nose HC with an ego and couldn't get VY to do his job why does everyone think Fischer will endorse VY to Shanahan? On top of that Shanahan is also a hard nosed HC with an ego. If it didn't work out for Fischer why would it work out for Shanahan?

[url=http://www.hogshaven.com/2011/5/10/2164367/lets-put-the-vince-young-rumor-to-bed-once-and-for-all]Let's Put the Vince Young Rumor to Bed Once and For All - Hogs Haven[/url]

[QUOTE]Jim Wyatt: Well, Vince jumped under the bus himself. He's got some basic qualities, but he doesn't work hard. Most guys on the team don't even cheer for him. Most of the guys see right through him. He says all the right things. I can't see Fisher or Heimerdinger endorsing him to Shanahan.

There's probably four or five players that support him.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Shanahan and Dinger worked together in San Fran and Denver, so a lot of media and fans are making that correlation that it'd be a natural transition for Young to DC

Wyatt: That's the reason it'd never happen. He didn't have a great support in the locker room or from the coaches...he was disrespectful and Fisher corrected him and he stormed out.
[/QUOTE]

Why anyone would want to bring VY here with all his issues and lack of respect for the coach's or teamates simply because he is cheap baffles me.

freddyg12 05-24-2011 10:50 AM

I disagree w/those that say there's "nothing to lose" if he's signed to a cheap deal (at least nobody has said vet min! :) ). There is always something to lose, as roster spots are few. When taking on a vet w/a history of problems, the risk of that player affecting the whole team has to be taken into account.

Especially at the qb position. This team already has gone through some growing pains & reported locker room division w/the benching of McNabb. Can Shanahan afford another vet qb experiment? If it goes wrong he could lose the whole team. If this team was well established & Shanny had been here a few years it would be different. At this time, the team may be too fragile to deal w/VY. HOw would VY react to a qb controversy if he thought he deserved to start but shanny went w/Beck or Rex?

Longtimefan 05-24-2011 10:55 AM

[quote=SBXVII;804179]This writer brings up the main reason I don't see VY here, Fischer and Shanahan are friends and if Fischer was a hard nose HC with an ego and couldn't get VY to do his job why does everyone think Fischer will endorse VY to Shanahan? On top of that Shanahan is also a hard nosed HC with an ego. If it didn't work out for Fischer why would it work out for Shanahan?

[url=http://www.hogshaven.com/2011/5/10/2164367/lets-put-the-vince-young-rumor-to-bed-once-and-for-all]Let's Put the Vince Young Rumor to Bed Once and For All - Hogs Haven[/url]

Why anyone would want to bring VY here with all his issues and lack of respect for the coach's or teamates simply because he is cheap baffles me.[/quote]

Football is like life -- it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.

hooskins 05-24-2011 10:58 AM

Bringing in a cheap player who has baggage is better than overpaying for one. Baby steps folks.

SmootSmack 05-24-2011 11:01 AM

We shouldn't have even put ourselves in a position to go after Young, but we have-in my opinion-by choosing to ignore the QB position in the past two drafts.

I have total respect for Jim Wyatt and what he's saying, but I believe more than anything what VY needs is a change of scenery. Whether that should be here, I'm not sure. But I'd rather take a chance with him than let another year go by without a QB to build this team around. Still not convinced it's Beck. Hope I'm wrong if he's the guy we choose, but I still don't see it

freddyg12 05-24-2011 11:14 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;804187]We shouldn't have even put ourselves in a position to go after Young, but we have-in my opinion-[B]by choosing to ignore the QB position in the past two drafts[/B].

I have total respect for Jim Wyatt and what he's saying, but I believe more than anything what VY needs is a change of scenery. Whether that should be here, I'm not sure. But I'd rather take a chance with him than let another year go by without a QB to build this team around. Still not convinced it's Beck. Hope I'm wrong if he's the guy we choose, but I still don't see it[/quote]

Good point. I have to think that either the qb's they liked weren't there at the value they'd hope to get in the draft and/or they feel there are options at qb for the present through free agency & the current roster (incl. Rex). i.e. Shanny & co. certainly must have a plan at qb. I wouldn't put it past him to think that he can make Young into the player he should be. But at the same time, I don't think Shanny can afford to be wrong about VY given what happened w/McNabb. I'm thinking that he's not that interested in him.

SmootSmack 05-24-2011 11:18 AM

I think the interest is there, I put the likelihood of him being here though at less than 50% (maybe like 40%)

Especially as the lockout continues

freddyg12 05-24-2011 11:55 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;804193]I think the interest is there, I put the likelihood of him being here though at less than 50% (maybe like 40%)

[B]Especially as the lockout continues[/B][/quote]

Yeah, that affects all free agents of course, but for a qb much more so.

Longtimefan 05-24-2011 12:06 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;804187]We shouldn't have even put ourselves in a position to go after Young, but we have-in my opinion-by choosing to ignore the QB position in the past two drafts.

I have total respect for Jim Wyatt and what he's saying, but I believe more than anything what VY needs is a change of scenery. Whether that should be here, I'm not sure. But I'd rather take a chance with him than let another year go by without a QB to build this team around. Still not convinced it's Beck. Hope I'm wrong if he's the guy we choose, but I still don't see it[/quote]

Without a doubt you've taken into consideration how catastrophic it would be for this organization [after the debacle of the McNabb experiment] to bring in yet another veteran QB that we know going in has the potential to become a disaster.

So, maybe the real question becomes...do we really want VY/or we don't want Beck or Grossman?