Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brad Childress Fired (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=39998)

SirClintonPortis 11-22-2010 12:32 PM

Re: Brad Childress Fired

Minnesota will probably "wake up" like Dallas. Now, when a talented team "wakes up" they usually starting crushing their opponents.

Ruhskins 11-22-2010 12:36 PM

[quote=SirClintonPortis;761789]Minnesota will probably "wake up" like Dallas. Now, when a talented team "wakes up" they usually starting crushing their opponents.[/quote]

The big question is...will Favre play or not? I do agree that this SUCKS for us. I know we're banged up, but I hope Shanahan gets this team ready. I'm getting tired of this team needed to get some extra boost to perform well (i.e. McNabb getting back to Philly or getting blown up by the Eagles). Although I think this time we may have the motivation but not enough healthy bodies.

SirClintonPortis 11-22-2010 12:43 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;761791]The big question is...will Favre play or not? I do agree that this SUCKS for us. I know we're banged up, but I hope Shanahan gets this team ready. I'm getting tired of this team needed to get some extra boost to perform well (i.e. McNabb getting back to Philly or getting blown up by the Eagles). Although I think this time we may have the motivation but not enough healthy bodies.[/quote]

The Williams wall may not be a great wall anymore, but should Rabach be starting again, I think we'll be stuffed. And Ray Edwards is pretty good too.

Also, I think Tarvaris can patch together a better performance than Young did. He has had stretches of playing really well.

As for Favre, we should blitz the old man to death. He can't get away.

skinsfaninok 11-22-2010 12:44 PM

Frazier is their guy but I wish we played them with chilly, now I could see the Viks actually play hard against us

LavaRnChad 11-22-2010 12:45 PM

I hope their asst. Head coach don't wake up the talent like Garrett did in Dallas or we could be in for a long day.

Jontrem 11-22-2010 12:45 PM

[quote=tc2deuce;761788]we can't get a break! Leslie Frazer will motivate this team and beat us![/quote]

Lets relax the vikings are a 3 win team and just got smacked around by a team we beat. Do they have a lot of talent? Sure they do but they arent just going to magically transform into an unbeatable juggernaut because Childress is gone

Ruhskins 11-22-2010 12:48 PM

[quote=Jontrem;761799]Lets relax the vikings are a 3 win team and just got smacked around by a team we beat. Do they have a lot of talent? Sure they do but they arent just going to magically transform into an unbeatable juggernaut because Childress is gone[/quote]

Um, did you see the Giants/Dallas game after Wade Phillips got fired?

Jontrem 11-22-2010 12:51 PM

Yes I saw it.....searched for some kind of come back or point to make and came up rather empty! But its Monday after a win and I'm trying to be positive!

SirClintonPortis 11-22-2010 12:51 PM

[quote=Jontrem;761799]Lets relax the vikings are a 3 win team and just got smacked around by a team we beat. Do they have a lot of talent? Sure they do but they arent just going to magically transform into an unbeatable juggernaut because Childress is gone[/quote]
Some teams have finished the season hot after starting slow...Marty's Skins come to mind. And Childress seems like a guy who is easy to hate. Now that he's gone, the stress of just seeing him is gone, and every Vike player has a somewhat clearer mind.

freddyg12 11-22-2010 12:54 PM

I just hope they don't decide to make more changes & start T. Jackson. I think d. hall et al will be ready to snag some Farve passes. Farve can keep us in this game!

Ruhskins 11-22-2010 12:55 PM

[quote=Jontrem;761803]Yes I saw it.....searched for some kind of come back or point to make and came up rather empty! But its Monday after a win and I'm trying to be positive![/quote]

Honestly though, I'm a bit concern about how banged up our team is right now. I do hope Shanahan watched that Giants/Dallas game and prepares for a motivated Vikes team.

SolidSnake84 11-22-2010 12:59 PM

they could still make the playoffs at 9-7, and if the players buy into that, they could be dangerous.

Big question is if Frazier keeps Favre or not. I would lean towards Jackson getting the start, with a new HC.

firstdown 11-22-2010 01:07 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;761778]Chilli just got extended last year so he's getting paid next year and maybe the year after. Sucks to get fired in the NFL...kinda.[/quote]

Sucks, they are on the hook for any contract they signed. Most people in the real world may get some severance pay at best when they get fired.

SmootSmack 11-22-2010 01:14 PM

[quote=Jontrem;761803]Yes I saw it.....searched for some kind of come back or point to make and came up rather empty! But its Monday after a win and I'm trying to be positive![/quote]

To ease some fears here, here's a sample of interim coaches over the past few years and the result of their debut.

Perry Fewell (took over 3-6 Buffalo): Lost to Jacksonville
Mike Singletary (took over 2-5 San Fran): Lost to Seattle
Tom Cable (took over 1-3 Oakland): Lost to New Orleans
Emitt Thomas (took over 3-10 Atlanta): Lost to Tampa
Dick Jauron (took over 4-7 Detroit): Lost to Minnesota

DM72 11-22-2010 01:20 PM

[quote=Buster;761768]WOW.

I knew it was coming...but not in-season.

They're a mess. We'll destroy them. I hope.[/quote]

LOL. We don't destroy anybody and we won't this week. I was afraid of the Viking before, now I'm really afraid. I expect the Vikes to play a lot better.