Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Skins Wins - predictions go here (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64421)

VTSkins1961 10-06-2019 12:02 PM

Re: Skins Wins - predictions go here

would be funny as hell if the redskins and dolphins game ends in a tie

Buffalo Bob 10-06-2019 12:49 PM

[quote=VTSkins1961;1233024]would be funny as hell if the redskins and dolphins game ends in a tie[/quote]

If that were to happen and they both end up 0-15-1 what is the tie breaker to see who gets first draft pick? Would it be points for, points against? Obviously all the other standards that could be applied would be the same, as conference record, head to head, common opponents, etc,etc. Dolphins have a major head start trying to lose the points for points against battle.

EdmundDorf 10-06-2019 01:57 PM

Strength of schedule

Warthog 10-11-2019 07:03 AM

[QUOTE=DYoungJelly;1233002]What's your evidence for that?

Scherff has played through numerous, bad injuries throughout his college and pro career.

He has been recognized by every coach he has played for since Iowa as unbelievably tough, even playing the same week as having a surgical procedure on his knee in college.

If word got out that he was faking an injury, (which is contrary to his entire football playing history) it would arguably hurt his market value more than being dinged up after the season.[/QUOTE]

The Redskins had the most injured players that last TWO SEASONS. Partly due to poor conditioning and soft practices. But one also suspects that some players use the opportunity of a losing season, on a losing franchise to perhaps “exaggerate injuries to save themselves for next season”. Agreed that Scherff is tough and plays hurt. I withdraw my statement about Scherff, but still submit that some players will use the closing culture of this Redskins to exaggerate injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warthog 10-11-2019 07:07 AM

[QUOTE=DYoungJelly;1233002]What's your evidence for that?

Scherff has played through numerous, bad injuries throughout his college and pro career.

He has been recognized by every coach he has played for since Iowa as unbelievably tough, even playing the same week as having a surgical procedure on his knee in college.

If word got out that he was faking an injury, (which is contrary to his entire football playing history) it would arguably hurt his market value more than being dinged up after the season.[/QUOTE]

The Redskins had the most injured players that last TWO SEASONS. Partly due to poor conditioning and soft practices. But one also suspects that some players use the opportunity of a losing season, on a losing franchise to perhaps “exaggerate injuries to save themselves for next season”. Agreed that Scherff is tough and plays hurt.

I withdraw my statement about Scherff, but still submit that some players will use the closing culture of this Redskins to exaggerate injuries.

BTW, Callahan is having players doing post-practice sprints to toughen then up!

DYoungJelly 10-11-2019 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=Warthog;1234017]The Redskins had the most injured players that last TWO SEASONS. Partly due to poor conditioning and soft practices. But one also suspects that some players use the opportunity of a losing season, on a losing franchise to perhaps “exaggerate injuries to save themselves for next season”. Agreed that Scherff is tough and plays hurt.

I withdraw my statement about Scherff, but still submit that some players will use the closing culture of this Redskins to exaggerate injuries.

BTW, Callahan is having players doing post-practice sprints to toughen then up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]Which players would sprints toughen up the most?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MTK 10-11-2019 02:07 PM

I'm going to need to see a few wins before I'll buy into this idea that running sprints and having a tougher practice is making a difference.

skinsfaninok 10-11-2019 02:11 PM

[quote=MTK;1234044]I'm going to need to see a few wins before I'll buy into this idea that running sprints and having a tougher practice is making a difference.[/quote]

It won't change much, yeah they may beat Miami Sunday (maybe) but this team sucks. It's a 3-13 team at best, look at our schedule, who are they going to beat besides Miami? I don't see anyone

MTK 10-11-2019 02:53 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1234046]It won't change much, yeah they may beat Miami Sunday (maybe) but this team sucks. It's a 3-13 team at best, look at our schedule, who are they going to beat besides Miami? I don't see anyone[/quote]

Even if we pound Miami I don't want to hear people crowing about how Callahan has magically turned shit around and what a turd Gruden was. Let's string some wins together first.

DYoungJelly 10-11-2019 08:03 PM

[quote=MTK;1234049]Even if we pound Miami I don't want to hear people crowing about how Callahan has magically turned shit around and what a turd Gruden was. Let's string some wins together first.[/quote]

Yep.

Just putting this here:

[url]https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef/2019[/url]

Miami's defense is the worst.

Warthog 10-12-2019 03:04 AM

There is some backlash in Miami, against making the “tanking strategy” look a little easy and casual.

I see them coming out with fire.