Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who's back? Who's not? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=16557)

dall-assblows 12-28-2006 11:41 PM

Re: Who's back? Who's not?

o snap

GTripp0012 12-29-2006 03:19 AM

[quote=dmek25;264144]as much as it pains me, i agree. i think with some tinkering, this defense can be very good again. i think marshall is the key. can he go back to 2005 form, or was he just playing over his head? and bringing clements here is the move i would make in free agency[/quote]Marshall did an admirable job in the middle in 05, but he's a smaller outside linebacker playing out of position. No reason we shouldn't address the middle through free agency and let Lemar start the season on the weakside until Rocky is outplaying him. Worst case scenario, we get solid depth at 3 positions with just one signing.

To fix the defense in one season, we must maximize our existing versitility, something we have struggled to do in the past.

GTripp0012 12-29-2006 03:38 AM

[quote=freddyg12;264234]I believe they did have him as their #2 once Burress left. He's made plays here, whether he's a 2 or 3. He doesn't get a lot of separation, but he catches the ball in traffic & we know he can run. I think we'll see him catch a lot more as JC improves, their timing has been off at times. On the other hand, they have hooked up on some big plays.
I'll agree that the contracts for ARE & Loyd were too big, especially for Loyd. I just don't see us being able to address reciever given the other needs we have & that we have 4 guys counting a substantial amount on the cap whether we keep them or not.[/quote]Well, remember that in KC, Al Saunders' WR corps consisted of Eddie Kennison, Samie Parker, and Dante Hall. So we really don't need to touch our WRs this offseason. Didn't need to put as much attention as we did into them last year, but we can't look back now.

There is no excuse for dealing picks for relatively inferior talent such as Duckett and Lloyd. Just sign guys on the waiver wire after they get cut by their teams. These moves, IMO, were way moer inexcusable than Archuleta because everybody in the league knows that Duckett can't run through a hole unless it huge, and recievers like Lloyd are a dime a dozen and im sure [I]anyone[/I] would have signed for the money we gave Brandon. Archuleta at least was signed following a great 2005 campaign, so we had reason to believe that he maight be able to continue his success. He couldn't, but that signing even in hindsight wasn't inexcusable.

I think if we were to cut Arch post June 1, we would really be creating a horrible cap situation for 2008. Cutting Lloyd as this article suggests would make that situation far worse, so I don't think thats an option.

vaoutlaws2006 12-29-2006 08:32 AM

[quote=dmek25;264144]as much as it pains me, i agree. i think with some tinkering, this defense can be very good again. i think marshall is the key. can he go back to 2005 form, or was he just playing over his head? and bringing clements here is the move i would make in free agency[/quote]

reality check time...marshall was playing over his head. i am a little apprehensive about free agency...everytime we go that route this damn thing seems to blow up in our face. see 2000 season and 2006 season if you have any questions about that.

gabe1984 12-29-2006 08:49 AM

[quote=GTripp0012;264458]Well, remember that in KC, Al Saunders' WR corps consisted of Eddie Kennison, Samie Parker, and Dante Hall. So we really don't need to touch our WRs this offseason. Didn't need to put as much attention as we did into them last year, but we can't look back now.

There is no excuse for dealing picks for relatively inferior talent such as Duckett and Lloyd. Just sign guys on the waiver wire after they get cut by their teams. These moves, IMO, were way moer inexcusable than Archuleta because everybody in the league knows that Duckett can't run through a hole unless it huge, and recievers like Lloyd are a dime a dozen and im sure [I]anyone[/I] would have signed for the money we gave Brandon. Archuleta at least was signed following a great 2005 campaign, so we had reason to believe that he maight be able to continue his success. He couldn't, but that signing even in hindsight wasn't inexcusable.

I think if we were to cut Arch post June 1, we would really be creating a horrible cap situation for 2008. Cutting Lloyd as this article suggests would make that situation far worse, so I don't think thats an option.[/quote]

Riggoraider has been making this point for a while, and I'm starting to agree with him that we do need a big wide out. Kennison, Parker, and Hall are not standout wide receivers, however Kennison is 6'1 201 lbs. An on average their receivers are bigger than ours, can we trade Lloyd, ARE, and Archuletta for Andre Johnson, that man is huge, 6'3 219lbs. Maybe in Redksins fantasy world.

riggoraider 12-29-2006 11:58 AM

[quote=gabe1984;264482]Riggoraider has been making this point for a while, and I'm starting to agree with him that we do need a big wide out. Kennison, Parker, and Hall are not standout wide receivers, however Kennison is 6'1 201 lbs. An on average their receivers are bigger than ours, can we trade Lloyd, ARE, and Archuletta for Andre Johnson, that man is huge, 6'3 219lbs. Maybe in Redksins fantasy world.[/quote]

OOOOHHHH you're finally coming around huh? I would love to have a Andre Johnson or a Roy Williams-like receiver in DC with Santana Moss at the other receiver position, Cooley at tight end, and Portis/ Betts at RB. With the line blocking the way that it is Campbell would not have to be an instant success because he would have major weapons surrounding him.

I know that it is virtually impossible to get the 2 receivers that I named but Johnson out of Georgia Tech or Jarret out of USC could be just as good as they are and would help us sustain drives. ONE move just [SIZE=3][B]ONE[/B][/SIZE] could put us back in the playoffs next year.

jdockser 12-29-2006 03:47 PM

Whose Gone? i'll make it easy.
Portis
Holdman
Salva'i
Marshall
Archuleta

dmek25 12-29-2006 03:57 PM

[quote=jdockser;264666]Whose Gone? i'll make it easy.
Portis
Holdman
Salva'i
Marshall
Archuleta[/quote]
i hope the skins dont get rid of portis unless they get a quality starter. and betts needs to hang onto the ball if he is going to carry the ball 300+ times a season

riggoraider 12-30-2006 04:50 PM

[quote=jdockser;264666]Whose Gone? i'll make it easy.
Portis
Holdman
Salva'i
Marshall
Archuleta[/quote]

Who is Salva'i?

Redskinhog1963 12-30-2006 05:03 PM

cartwright
Holdman
Archuleta
givens
john hall
daniels

Redskinhog1963 12-30-2006 05:10 PM

:oink: almost forgot Sean"my middle name is i'm injured"springs.another of the redskins great free agency signings!

SmootSmack 12-30-2006 05:10 PM

[QUOTE=Redskinhog1963;264812]cartwright
Holdman
Archuleta
givens
john hall
daniels
__________________[/QUOTE]

Really, you think Cartwright is gone? And Givens? Who's that?

12thMan 12-30-2006 05:25 PM

[quote=TAFKAS;264819]Really, you think Cartwright is gone? And Givens? Who's that?[/quote]

LOL....I was going to ask the same thing, who's Givens?? Funny!

riggoraider 12-30-2006 05:33 PM

[quote=12thMan;264824]LOL....I was going to ask the same thing, who's Givens?? Funny![/quote]

LOL... I think that he was referring to Patten

12thMan 12-30-2006 05:37 PM

[quote=riggoraider;264825]LOL... I think that he was referring to Patten[/quote]

Ah..okay, now that kinda makes sense. Good catch.