Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Meetup (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Charles Mann signing (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=20054)

Redskin Rich 09-30-2007 01:25 PM

Charles Mann signing

I try to post signings in my area. I just got this email:

[SIZE=4] [/SIZE]
[CENTER][B][SIZE=5]Leader In Sports is proud to announce:[/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=7][COLOR=#ff0000][B][I]Our online store is now open.[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][I][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B]
[SIZE=5]Many of our customers have been asking, now we have it up and running.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Since our overhead is lower on this venue, we can pass the savings on to our customers with lower handling charges.[/SIZE]

As if this were not enough, from now until [B][I][COLOR=#0000ff]October 7th, 2007[/COLOR][/I][/B] you can purchase any item from our online store with [B][I][COLOR=#0000ff]FREE SHIPPING[/COLOR][/I][/B] to anywhere in the US.
See our web site: [URL="http://www.leaderinsports.com/"][COLOR=#810081]www.LeaderInSports.com[/COLOR][/URL] for more information.

Don't forget about our upcoming events:
[CENTER]
We have a VERY RARE private signing set up with [B][I][COLOR=#ff0000]Charles Mann[/COLOR][/I][/B]. While the event is not open to the public, we will be accepting mail order. All orders are due 10-22-07. The autograph fee is $25 - see the web site for more information.
[/CENTER]

Public signing with [B][I][COLOR=#0000ff]DIRON TALBERT & LEN HAUSS[/COLOR][/I][/B] 10-20-07 @
The Card Cellar - Tickets are $20 a piece, or $35 for both

[SIZE=4]Thanksgiving Signing Feast & Food Drive to benefit the Fredericksburg Area Food Bank. [SIZE=5][B][I][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000]Mark Moseley, Charley Casserly, Mike Nelms, Perry Brooks & Darrly Grant[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B] [/SIZE]will be signing autographs for $10 a piece. [B][I][COLOR=#0000ff]100% of the ticket sales will go to purchase Thanksgiving Dinners for local families.[/COLOR][/I][/B] The date is 11-8-07. See the web site for more information.[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Dlyne8r 10-01-2007 01:55 PM

Re: Charles Mann signing

"Charles Mann signing"

Wow, we must be really getting desperate to "sign" a DE! :-) And I must be really desperate to find something to do here at work...

Redskin Rich 10-01-2007 03:03 PM

[quote=Dlyne8r;358507]"Charles Mann signing"

Wow, we must be really getting desperate to "sign" a DE! :-) And I must be really desperate to find something to do here at work...[/quote]
lol... I know what you mean about work.... but man... could you picture if Gibbs could get a Butz, Coleman, Mann & Manley set up again? Throw in a Wilbur Marshall for good measure???

porculator 10-03-2007 11:22 AM

FYI, I make drawings for each of these autograph appearances if I like the player enough and have been getting them signed. I'm going to do the same for Mann. If anyone wants some prints that they can get signed (in this case I'll just mail the prints in with the original since its mail order only) PM me and I can figure out what it'll cost to print and send them. Here is Mitchell and Cooley, the Cooley took about 3 times as long to do so I'll be doing color from now on. These are both signed now but I havent uploaded those pictures yet.

Well I tried to post pictures but it won't let me since I don't have 10 posts, maybe someone else could post them if they want?

s57.photobucket.com/albums/g214/porculator/?action=view&current=mitchellsmall.jpg

s57.photobucket.com/albums/g214/porculator/?action=view&current=cooleysmall.jpg

s57.photobucket.com/albums/g214/porculator/?action=view&current=IMG_0544.jpg

Redskin Rich 10-03-2007 03:58 PM

Those are cool.... you should try to sell them at the signings.

porculator 10-03-2007 04:26 PM

They're expensive to print though, so I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of ones I don't want. Also the businesses probably wouldn't like me taking business away from them with my unlicensed drawings :)

By the way, I'll have them for Theissman and Brown too when they sign at PSGG

Redskin Rich 10-03-2007 05:39 PM

Thanks by the way, I got the email today on Joe T & Larry... totally forgot to start that thread.

Maybe you should call the different stores.... they may be willing to sell them on consignment, or purchase wholesale from you.

Oakland Red 10-03-2007 07:34 PM

Actually, I heard we just signed Coy Bacon to a minimum contract.

porculator 10-04-2007 10:08 AM

[QUOTE=Redskin Rich;359177]Maybe you should call the different stores.... they may be willing to sell them on consignment, or purchase wholesale from you.[/QUOTE]

Again, I don't really want to get into the business of selling unlicensed NFL stuff. Daniel Snyder would crush me like an ant if he found out anyone was making money off of his team other than him. :)

Its just a hobby of mine, I'm definitely not trying to make a lot of money off of it.

I'll post the Mann drawing here when I'm done with it

Redskin Rich 10-04-2007 10:48 AM

[quote=porculator;359301]Again, I don't really want to get into the business of selling unlicensed NFL stuff. Daniel Snyder would crush me like an ant if he found out anyone was making money off of his team other than him. :)

Its just a hobby of mine, I'm definitely not trying to make a lot of money off of it.

I'll post the Mann drawing here when I'm done with it[/quote]
Well, you would be surprised at how much unlicensed stuff they have at these events. Most of the guys will sign it. When Riggo does an event, they always advertise specifically he won't sign original art work, but then he signs unlicensed jerseys, so that makes no sense to me... especially with what he gets at these events

amartin18 10-26-2007 01:51 PM

CLINTON PORTIS is having a public meet and greet!

Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis will make a personal appearance at The Athlete’s Foot (TAF) store in Warrenton, VA to greet the public and award a regional winner of the footwear retailer’s In My Shoes back-to-school contest.

The In My Shoes campaign encourages students nationwide to aspire, achieve and excel this school year by inviting them to share their performance goals through written and video entries. Regional winners are awarded a meet-and-greet opportunity with a professional athlete from their area.

WHEN: Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Public Meet and Greet: 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Prize Presentation / Media Interviews: 7:00 – 7:30 p.m.

Redskin Rich 10-26-2007 02:04 PM

[quote=amartin18;369163]CLINTON PORTIS is having a public meet and greet!

Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis will make a personal appearance at The Athlete’s Foot (TAF) store in Warrenton, VA to greet the public and award a regional winner of the footwear retailer’s In My Shoes back-to-school contest.

The In My Shoes campaign encourages students nationwide to aspire, achieve and excel this school year by inviting them to share their performance goals through written and video entries. Regional winners are awarded a meet-and-greet opportunity with a professional athlete from their area.

WHEN: Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Public Meet and Greet: 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Prize Presentation / Media Interviews: 7:00 – 7:30 p.m.[/quote]
Instead of putting this in other posts... why don't you just start a new thread????????

Redskin Rich 10-26-2007 02:31 PM

[quote=porculator;359301]Again, I don't really want to get into the business of selling unlicensed NFL stuff. Daniel Snyder would crush me like an ant if he found out anyone was making money off of his team other than him. :)

I'll post the Mann drawing here when I'm done with it[/quote]

I totally forgot... did you get the Mann done?

porculator 10-30-2007 02:13 PM

Yep I did, the unsigned scan is here (the color is a little off) sorry I couldn't post it up beforehand to see if anyone wanted one, I finished it a little late

s57.photobucket.com/albums/g214/porculator/Redskins%20Drawings/?action=view&current=mannsmall.jpg

I mailed it down to get signed and got the package slip for it coming back yesterday so I'll pick it up when I get the chance. Card Cellar is great about that kind of thing by the way.

I've got a Darrell Green going too that I'm going to send to him to get signed (you can send him stuff through darrellgreen.com to sign, kind of expensive but worth it compared to Riggins etc. since its less and goes to his foundation.) When I get that and the Mann framed I'll take a pic of all four. If I have time this week I might do Bobby Mitchell too at the CSA show.

Redskin Rich 10-30-2007 02:22 PM

[quote=porculator;371473]Yep I did, the unsigned scan is here (the color is a little off) sorry I couldn't post it up beforehand to see if anyone wanted one, I finished it a little late

s57.photobucket.com/albums/g214/porculator/Redskins%20Drawings/?action=view&current=mannsmall.jpg

I mailed it down to get signed and got the package slip for it coming back yesterday so I'll pick it up when I get the chance. Card Cellar is great about that kind of thing by the way.

I've got a Darrell Green going too that I'm going to send to him to get signed (you can send him stuff through darrellgreen.com to sign, kind of expensive but worth it compared to Riggins etc. since its less and goes to his foundation.) When I get that and the Mann framed I'll take a pic of all four. If I have time this week I might do Bobby Mitchell too at the CSA show.[/quote]
Cool print... ya know... I totally forgot to start the thread about the Chantilly show... I will go do that now... thanks for the reminder.