Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WR Depth Chart (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=31440)

Paintrain 08-25-2009 09:47 PM

WR Depth Chart

So it seems that Marko Mitchell has parlayed his last few weeks in camp into making a push beyond just making the roster as the 45th man and 5th WR but he's got a chance to elevate on the depth chart.

[B]From CBS Sportsline:[/B]
[I][U]The competition for the second WR spot is no longer a two man battle. The emergence of WR Marko Mitchell adds a third receiver to compete with WR Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas for the starting job.[/U][/I]

How high can he make it on the depth chart? Is he the next Marcus Colston or a taller Taylor Jacobs?

How about this as a depth chart at WR, Moss, Kelly, Randle-El, Mitchell, Thomas. Or even (at some point) Thomas, Kelly, Moss, Mitchell, Randle-El. All of the sudden we've got a nice size/speed WR corp.

GridIron26 08-25-2009 09:50 PM

Re: WR Depth Chart

Wow I didn't expect this.. Well, if it's true then great, I guess.. I think Mitchell needs to bulk up before he becomes a starter tho..

53Fan 08-25-2009 09:50 PM

Could be the best we've had in awhile if everything goes according to plan. There's plenty of potential there and I'm pretty excited about it myself. [B]Potentially[/B] the best 5 we've had in years.

GTripp0012 08-25-2009 09:55 PM

I think Mitchell can make it as high as 4th this year. He can get into the rotation on the outside for playing time, but the type of evaluation of his play that would lead to him playing ahead of Kelly/Thomas would happen after the season.

If he gets even equal reps with DT, he's doing well for himself.

DBUCHANON101 08-25-2009 09:57 PM

If anything he has shown he can be a big redzone target. regardless ARE is slot bound. Finally

53Fan 08-25-2009 09:58 PM

Is it too early to start printing the "I'm Mad for Marko" tee shirts?

53Fan 08-25-2009 09:59 PM

[quote=DBUCHANON101;579867][B]If anything he has shown he can be a big redzone target.[/B] regardless ARE is slot bound. Finally[/quote]

Right now that would be good enough for me.

Lotus 08-25-2009 10:00 PM

[quote=53Fan;579868]Is it too early to start printing the "I'm Mad for Marko" tee shirts?[/quote]

Maybe a little early, but heck, when its time you'll be in on the ground floor. :)

Go Lanky Go!

The Goat 08-25-2009 10:01 PM

K what happened to Devin emerging as a starter this year? I know there was a slight injury but where is this dude in preseason games?

GTripp0012 08-25-2009 10:02 PM

[quote=The Goat;579872]K what happened to Devin emerging as a starter this year? I know there was a slight injury but where is this dude in preseason games?[/quote]Hasn't figured out the seven yard hitch yet.

53Fan 08-25-2009 10:02 PM

[quote=The Goat;579872]K what happened to Devin emerging as a starter this year? I know there was a slight injury but [B]where is this dude in preseason games[/B]?[/quote]

I think that's been the problem. Nobody knows. :)

Big C 08-25-2009 10:05 PM

i think kelly has the inside track at the number two spot personally.

53Fan 08-25-2009 10:06 PM

[quote=Big C;579875]i think kelly has the inside track at the number two spot personally.[/quote]

In all reality...I do too.

wilsowilso 08-25-2009 10:15 PM

Devin Thomas better watch out or he will be watching from the sidelines and if he gets demoted back that far to #5 I promise you he will sulk and his development with this team will be at an end. Not that I care that much because I never thought he was any good.

Happy for him to prove me wrong, but the dude is just too stiff. No fluidity at all.

Lotus 08-25-2009 10:21 PM

[quote=wilsowilso;579878]Devin Thomas better watch out or he will be watching from the sidelines and if he gets demoted back that far to #5 I promise you he will sulk and his development with this team will be at an end. Not that I care that much because I never thought he was any good.

Happy for him to prove me wrong, but [B]the dude is just too stiff. No fluidity at all.[/B][/quote]

And, more than anything, brain dead.