Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=40943)

bigdaddy2348 01-09-2011 12:53 PM

Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

According to Adam Schefter

Pro Bowl cornerback [FONT=Calibri]Nnamdi Asomugha's[/FONT] contract voided and he will be allowed to become a free agent without the Oakland Raider being able to use their franchise tag on him, according to an NFL Players Association document. Asomugha’s deal included a little-known clause that said his contract would void if he didn’t achieve his not-likely-to-be-earned incentives in 2010 -- and he didn'’t.

[URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6004943&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines"]NFLPA document: Nnamdi Asomugha of Oakland Raiders a free agent - ESPN[/URL]

Terpfan76 01-09-2011 12:57 PM

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

I wonder if his number is on Danny boys speed dial yet?

skinsfaninok 01-09-2011 01:17 PM

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided should Redskins go after him or do you think the price will be too high.

No doubt I would in a heartbeat, he's a team guy and a true shutdown corner, let Los walk and sign NA. We could play true man to man plus he's only 30, I see Dallas getting him though

MTK 01-09-2011 01:20 PM

His price is going to be sky high, great player though.

KLHJ2 01-09-2011 01:24 PM

NA is the type of player that you sign if you are 2-3 pieces away from being a true contender. We just have too many holes to throw that much money at one position.

skinsfaninok 01-09-2011 01:25 PM

Yea he will want revis $

Paintrain 01-09-2011 01:41 PM

He's a luxury that we don't need.. We're gonna be plenty aggressive in FA but smart-aggressive I hope. If we re-sign Buchanon and continue to develop Barnes we'll be fine. We can even bring back skillet hands Rogers and we'll be ok.

Schneed10 01-09-2011 02:39 PM

Until they come up with a CBA that has a salary cap in place, I say absolutely go for him. And buy up just about every high priced guy we possibly can.

Yankees/Red Sox/Phillies of the NFL.

Hog1 01-09-2011 02:40 PM

THAT would make a nice Jersey........Skillet Hands

Schneed10 01-09-2011 02:41 PM

Are you guys assuming there will be a salary cap, is that why you care about the price?

Because otherwise I have a hard time understanding why money would be an issue.

Alvin Walton 01-09-2011 02:48 PM

I could care less about the cost.
I'd say go after him if there is a good chance Rogers will be gone.

cdskins26 01-09-2011 02:50 PM

by the time we are ready to compete he will be 33-34. Pass

tryfuhl 01-09-2011 02:51 PM

I don't know.. we play a lot of zone.. not sure that would be the best fit.

SFREDSKIN 01-09-2011 02:51 PM

Shutdown corner, I would be all over him like a cheap suit.

GTripp0012 01-09-2011 02:51 PM

Remember: Shanahan thinks the world of Nnamdi Asomugha. Says he's the best corner he's ever seen.

I don't know if there will be room for Asomugha and Rogers both under the salary cap, because I don't know the exact cap ramifications of not picking up Hall's contract option. Or if there will be a salary cap.