Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Redskins Head Coach job is the best opening available (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=55894)

skinsfaninok 12-31-2013 09:59 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;1052619]If these John Harbaugh to Texas rumors are true, people will kick the door down to work with Ozzie Newsome and Steve Biscotti to coach the Ravens[/QUOTE]

I thought they wanted Jim

MTK 12-31-2013 10:07 PM

Re: The Redskins Head Coach job is the best opening available

[quote=mredskins;1052618]I hear you but Tebow has an incredible drive as well.[/quote]

Too bad he doesn't also have the talent that Griffin does.

mooby 12-31-2013 10:25 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1052616]Why bet on Griffin improving next year? #1 he had a very serious injury, I'm still amazed we even have to say this. #2 never question his drive to succeed.[/quote]

It's amazing, given 1 bad year coming off an injury and an unhappy relationship with your coach how much things can change. It's like everyone believes 2012 was a myth.

MTK 12-31-2013 10:27 PM

[quote=mooby;1052629]It's amazing, given 1 bad year coming off an injury and an unhappy relationship with your coach how much things can change. It's like everyone believes 2012 was a myth.[/quote]

What is this 2012 you speak of?

EARTHQUAKE2689 12-31-2013 10:31 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1052630]What is this 2012 you speak of?[/quote]

A magical fairytale dream of which no one knows the full story. Much like Question 3.

SmootSmack 12-31-2013 11:09 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1052622]I thought they wanted Jim[/quote]

Moved on to John. Could be in play for Michigan too if they make a change

The Goat 12-31-2013 11:32 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;1052638]Moved on to John. Could be in play for Michigan too if they make a change[/quote]

A few ?'s...

If the A list guys on our list don't take the bait do you think we're more likely to see a Sorn type hire (minimal experience, willing to accept minimal authority) or a Gregg Williams situation?

Do you see us moving quickly on the HC hire at least?

You hearing any chatter about the desirability of the job from insiders/potential HCs ?

sevier2 12-31-2013 11:37 PM

[quote=mooby;1052629]It's amazing, given 1 bad year coming off an injury and an unhappy relationship with your coach how much things can change. It's like everyone believes 2012 was a myth.[/quote]

This. Did everyone forget how it felt when RGIII was streaking down the sideline without a single Viking defender touching him?

His numbers this year weren't great, sure. How do you think you would have played after having major knee surgery? He's not a super hero as much as everyone thinks. He's a 23 year old still adjusting to the NFL.

The dude is a serious talent and anyone underestimating his skill is in for a big surprise.

SolidSnake84 01-01-2014 06:31 AM

Ok i'll take the wait and see approach with Griffin. But the chance exists that we could be eating some humble pie. Just about every recent QB we've had here fans have said the same thing about. It's almost like we want to believe we have a winner so bad that we will believe in anything. I bet if Mark Rypien came out of retirement, and was somehow signed by the skins, many on here would believe that he would be like he was during that magical 1991 season.

2012 was a great year. But the knee injury not withstanding, once the read option where RG3 did so well was inexplicably taken away, he looked below average....

Why did we give up on the read option? I've searched and searched and I don't think its been mentioned on here. Was it really just to keep RG3 safer??

SmootSmack 01-01-2014 07:38 AM

[quote=The Goat;1052640]A few ?'s...

If the A list guys on our list don't take the bait do you think we're more likely to see a Sorn type hire (minimal experience, willing to accept minimal authority) or a Gregg Williams situation?

Do you see us moving quickly on the HC hire at least?

You hearing any chatter about the desirability of the job from insiders/potential HCs ?[/quote]

When you say Gregg Williams situation do you actually mean Gregg Williams?

I'm going to guess toward late January we decide

Depends on the candidate

Chico23231 01-01-2014 10:14 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;1052619]If these Johnd Harbaugh to Texas rumors are true, people will kick the door down to work with Ozzie Newsome and Steve Biscotti to coach the Ravens[/quote]

Only in bizzaro world does that make sense. Why go to Texas? That's not a great job IMO. Nfl gigs in b more are maybe the best in the league.

MTK 01-01-2014 10:37 AM

[quote=SolidSnake84;1052658]Ok i'll take the wait and see approach with Griffin. But the chance exists that we could be eating some humble pie. Just about every recent QB we've had here fans have said the same thing about. It's almost like we want to believe we have a winner so bad that we will believe in anything. I bet if Mark Rypien came out of retirement, and was somehow signed by the skins, many on here would believe that he would be like he was during that magical 1991 season.

2012 was a great year. But the knee injury not withstanding, once the read option where RG3 did so well was inexplicably taken away, he looked below average....

Why did we give up on the read option? I've searched and searched and I don't think its been mentioned on here. Was it really just to keep RG3 safer??[/quote]

Yes I'm sure plenty of people would hop on the bandwagon of a 51 year old QB.

We gave up on the read option when Cousins came in, outside of that Griffin ran it plenty. I'm assuming you watched the games, no?

The Goat 01-01-2014 02:33 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;1052660]When you say Gregg Williams situation do you actually mean Gregg Williams?

I'm going to guess toward late January we decide

Depends on the candidate[/quote]

Think you said somewhere Jay Gruden is your expected hire for HC. Will he choose his DC and OC and any idea who?

DynamiteRave 01-01-2014 02:38 PM

[quote=mredskins;1052618]I hear you but Tebow has an incredible drive as well.[/quote]

Too bad he has the accuracy of Mr. Magoo.

SolidSnake84 01-01-2014 05:07 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1052689]Yes I'm sure plenty of people would hop on the bandwagon of a 51 year old QB.

We gave up on the read option when Cousins came in, outside of that Griffin ran it plenty. I'm assuming you watched the games, no?[/quote]

What i saw he didn't look comfortable. he couldn't read a defense, and he just looked all wrong. I really believe that the knee played a big part in it.

I will honestly wait and see next year before i make a judgement one way or the other. I just hope for the sake of this team that we all love so much, they don't wait too long to make some kind of change if it becomes clear that Griffin is not himself. I'm just like everybody else in that I want a winner and I want to win now. We have all been plenty patient...it just gets frustrating some times when year after year goes by and the skins are at the bottom of the barrel, no matter who is at coach, QB, etc....