Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NFL conference championship weekend (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64307)

skinsfan69 01-18-2019 10:13 AM

Re: NFL conference championship weekend

It would be great to see Reid get a SB. He's so deserving of one. I can't stand Sean Payton. He just comes across as a first class douche. Tired of the Pats. If McVay got a SB then all hell would break loose here in DC. Not sure I could take the "how come we didn't hire McVay" crowd.

skinsfaninok 01-18-2019 01:23 PM

Dallas fires Linehan days after saying he will be back lol

Chico23231 01-18-2019 01:50 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1217269]Dallas fires Linehan days after saying he will be back lol[/quote]

I think its a smart move. Linehan hasn't been terrible but hasn't grown like it should have....it has limited Dak in order to mitigate basically bad throws. Not a bad strategy. Dak threw one of the easy pick 6 in the last game...only to have it dropped.

skinsfaninok 01-18-2019 02:57 PM

Dak is also part of the problem, he's just not very good.

Speaking of QB's

John Clayton " The Jags are by far the front runner for Foles, the Redskins are looking at other options like Joe Flacco / Rookies"

NFL Sirius Xm

kct1975 01-18-2019 04:13 PM

Just wanted to mention that I am hoping that the Saints Win and the Chiefs Win

If the Patriots win and go to the Super Bowl, then I will be rooting for any NFC team to beat them!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

mooby 01-18-2019 06:57 PM

I'm hoping for Chiefs/Rams as neither team has had any playoff success in decades. But i won't be upset if the Saints win. Basically anybody but the Pats (I'm tired of seeing Kraft on the podium acting like he deserves a lot of credit for what is basically the Belichick/Brady show. Only credit he deserves is for being hands off and letting Belichick run the ship.

And since I'd like it to be Chiefs/Rams, it means it will probably be Pats/Saints. I have a ton of respect for Brees, especially after seeing firsthand what he deals with off the field, so I wouldn't mind seeing him get another ring. Odds are on the Pats though, just because they're so used to this.

skinsfan69 01-19-2019 02:44 PM

Was just watching Cowherd and get this, the Pats, who play every year deep into the season, don't have anyone on the injured list. WTF??

Chico23231 01-19-2019 03:28 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1217337]Was just watching Cowherd and get this, the Pats, who play every year deep into the season, don't have anyone on the injured list. WTF??[/quote]

It isn’t luck. These are routines and strategies team implement to stay healthy or mitigate injury risk. We as an org say “bad luck” and resign oft injured left guard

DYoungJelly 01-19-2019 05:19 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1217338]It isn’t luck. These are routines and strategies team implement to stay healthy or mitigate injury risk. We as an org say “bad luck” and resign oft injured left guard[/QUOTE]Except for Gronk and the players they consider special, they move on from the rank and file guys with injuries fast.

What are the odds they would go through the ordeal with Reed, Lavau, or Thompson.

Honestly, they would have moved on from Trent and Morgan by now too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mooby 01-20-2019 10:36 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1217338]It isn’t luck. These are routines and strategies team implement to stay healthy or mitigate injury risk. [B]We as an org say “bad luck” and resign oft injured left guard[/B][/quote]

Nailed it. "There were no better replacements than Lauvao out there."

mooby 01-20-2019 12:29 PM

[url]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25808403/patrick-mahomes-land-200m-deal-eligible-extension-kansas-city-chiefs-2020[/url]

This is crazy. Imagine the NFL becoming so popular and the salary cap so high that a 40 mil AAV contract could be handed out. It was just a decade ago Haynesworth's 100 mil contract was considered groundbreaking.

htownskinfan 01-20-2019 01:43 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1217264][B][I]It would be great to see Reid get a SB. He's so deserving of one. I can't stand Sean Payton. He just comes across as a first class douche.[/I][/B] Tired of the Pats. If McVay got a SB then all hell would break loose here in DC. Not sure I could take the "how come we didn't hire McVay" crowd.[/quote]

This

htownskinfan 01-20-2019 01:48 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1217278]Dak is also part of the problem, he's just not very good.

Speaking of QB's

John Clayton " The Jags are by far the front runner for Foles, the Redskins are looking at other options like Joe Flacco / Rookies"

NFL Sirius Xm[/quote]

Shit I would love for skins to have Dak.Is he the best passer? No,but he's not that bad,dude is built like a linebacker and when he gets hit it doesnt faze him.I think it was against us in the first meeting where he took a ferocious hit,I dont know how he stayed in the game.I would rather have him then Alex Smith or Kurt Cousins

SFREDSKIN 01-20-2019 02:54 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1217264]It would be great to see Reid get a SB. He's so deserving of one. I can't stand Sean Payton. He just comes across as a first class douche. Tired of the Pats. If McVay got a SB then all hell would break loose here in DC. Not sure I could take the "how come we didn't hire McVay" crowd.[/quote]

Great post!! I want to see Reid get a well deserved SB, he has been through so much tragedy in life and broken hearts on the field, it would be great!! I love Brees, but can't stand Sean Payton, a real dickhead!!

skinsfaninok 01-20-2019 03:25 PM

[QUOTE=htownskinfan;1217361]Shit I would love for skins to have Dak.Is he the best passer? No,but he's not that bad,dude is built like a linebacker and when he gets hit it doesnt faze him.I think it was against us in the first meeting where he took a ferocious hit,I dont know how he stayed in the game.I would rather have him then Alex Smith or Kurt Cousins[/QUOTE]He's is a tough dude and yeah that was on the sideline against us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk