Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Grand Theft Auto IV Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23381)

jbcjr14 04-29-2008 03:21 PM

Re: The Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

My copy was just delivered here to the office. I will be playing it up this evening on Xbox Live. This game is rated amongst the highest EVER and should be a good one. 25-40 hours to complete the single player and a host of side missions to boot.

Smooter 04-30-2008 12:33 AM

I've played my copy since I got off of work. No disappointments. If your a fan of any of the GTA games you will love this one. Its quite a bit more realistic than the previous also, especially crashes. I recommend it.

DynamiteRave 04-30-2008 02:00 AM

[quote=Smooter;445938]I've played my copy since I got off of work. No disappointments. If your a fan of any of the GTA games you will love this one. Its quite a bit more realistic than the previous also, especially crashes. I recommend it.[/quote]

I love how when I crashed at a fairly low speed into a building, I lost 1 headlight and the other one worked. The front bumper was a little shaky but not completely bent up.

Pretty minor detail, but I thought it was interesting, instead of how in past-gen games, the car would just smash up, no matter what rate of speed you were going.

That Guy 04-30-2008 02:10 AM

xbox versions been online for two weeks already (rslog, demonoid, etc)... sorry no one mentioned it earlier.

Smooter 04-30-2008 08:29 AM

I has anyone played the online multiplayer yet? I've been so overwhelmed by the story mode that I haven't tried it yet. I'm kinda confused of what it consists of.

MTK 04-30-2008 11:48 AM

I wanna hear about the online multiplayer, can you team up with a buddy and wreak some havoc?!

Smooter 04-30-2008 01:42 PM

I found this info online about it.

[url=http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2008/03/16/grand-theft-auto-4-has-16-player-multiplayer-with-15-different-modes-including-co-op-missions.htm]Grand Theft Auto 4 has 16-player multiplayer with 15 different modes (including co-op missions) - VideoGamesBlogger[/url]

I still have yet to play it though.

EternalEnigma21 04-30-2008 04:49 PM

f microsoft.

my xbox took a shit on me two days ago. I have to wait for them to fix it once again. This is the second time it has happened. I'm giong to buy a PS3 soon. stupid ring of death ruining my killing sprees...

Smooter 04-30-2008 06:21 PM

[QUOTE=EternalEnigma21;446051]f microsoft.

my xbox took a shit on me two days ago. I have to wait for them to fix it once again. This is the second time it has happened. I'm giong to buy a PS3 soon. stupid ring of death ruining my killing sprees...[/QUOTE]

I had that problem once but I bought an extended warranty from the retailer so I was able to get another without any wait.

EternalEnigma21 04-30-2008 06:25 PM

this is the second time mine has broken. xbox extended the warranty for 3 years for this problem, so they'll fix it or send a refurb. one free, it just takes about 2 weeks.

skinsfanthru&thru 05-03-2008 07:00 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;445993]I wanna hear about the online multiplayer, can you team up with a buddy and wreak some havoc?![/QUOTE]

There's a couple co-op modes, but so far the real fun has been free mode with the entire city unlocked and ready to be destroyed. 5-6 of us get on for a while stealing helicopters and zooming through the office buildings or landing on the Statue of Happiness or we are stealing speed boats and riding around Miami Vice style. add on the awesome single player and u've got yourself a winner.

skinsfanthru&thru 05-03-2008 07:02 PM

[QUOTE=Schneed10;445745]I'm kind of appalled by the themes involved in the game. You guys are all adults so I mean whatever. But I wouldn't let my kid touch this game with a 10 foot pole until he was 16 or so.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately you are in the minority with that it seems lately as on a regular basis we have parents buying stuff like this which is meant for 17 and up for their kids who are like 9-10 years old and it's disgusting. We even try to talk the parents out of it most of the time but get stupid responses like they hear or see worst things at home.

and preach on Matty cuz those COD 4 kids are the reason Halo got ruined online and it seems like they are doing the same with COD.

DynamiteRave 05-03-2008 08:52 PM

[quote=skinsfanthru&thru;446665][B]Unfortunately you are in the minority with that it seems lately as on a regular basis we have parents buying stuff like this which is meant for 17 and up for their kids who are like 9-10 years old and it's disgusting.[/B] We even try to talk the parents out of it most of the time but get stupid responses like they hear or see worst things at home.

and preach on Matty cuz those COD 4 kids are the reason Halo got ruined online and it seems like they are doing the same with COD.[/quote]

I really don't understand why a parent would do that. I'm sure out of the thousands of people on this site, there's got to be at least ONE who would not object to buying their kid GTA. And when I say kid, I'm talking a kid below the age of 13, at the absolute youngest.

If so, I'd really like to hear the explanations/reasons why they don't mind their kid playing this game.

And if a parent says their kid sees/hears worse things at home than what's in the game.. I think a call with CPS is in order.

MTK 05-05-2008 03:04 PM

GTA IV is totally addicting. I'm not sure if it tops COD 4 for me personally but it's still pretty damn good. Liberty City is huge and the graphics are pretty sick. Great game.

JGisLordOfTheRings 05-05-2008 11:10 PM

OMFG. What a great game. I'm so hooked its not even funny.