Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Grand Theft Auto IV Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23381)

djnemo65 07-31-2008 01:16 AM

Re: The Grand Theft Auto IV Thread

[QUOTE=bobranker101;460314]Anybody still play this online?[/QUOTE]

If I am correct the 360 version doesn't have an online component. Not sure about the PC.

Or were you talking about GTA?

Smooter 07-31-2008 08:30 AM

He must be talking about GTA4. I still haven't played it online yet. I guess I've been too engulfed by Halo 3 online even though its a cheating piece of shit, and I hate it!

mredskins 07-31-2008 09:02 AM

[quote=Smooter;460346]He must be talking about GTA4. I still haven't played it online yet. I guess I've been too engulfed by Halo 3 online even though its a cheating piece of shit, and I hate it![/quote]

I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT HALO! I am so addicted to it though. What is your gamer tag?

The new thing is now if you melee someone you seem to both die now. Weird.

I love the kids that got new gamer tags and are really generals but play against beginers. So annoying. When ever they kick my ass I just tell myself they probably will touch a woman in their life times because they are such nerds.

MTK 07-31-2008 10:00 AM

[quote=JGisLordOfTheRings;460045]Ya, saving them is the better route imo, but it really doesnt matter. Fighting Big Daddy's is probably the coolest thing ever. The first time I killed one, I was so proud of myself, proud of my conquest. The powers are sick. Once I got the Telepathy power it was like a totally diffferent game.[/quote]

I'm honestly getting a little frustrated fighting them. It seems like I'm constantly reloading my weapons during a battle (which takes forever it seems) or having to stop and inject myself with the eve hydro. And then you just respawn and do it all over again. Maybe I need some more power ups, because right now I'm not having much fun battling them.

mredskins 07-31-2008 10:22 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;460376]I'm honestly getting a little frustrated fighting them. It seems like I'm constantly reloading my weapons during a battle (which takes forever it seems) or having to stop and inject myself with the eve hydro. And then you just respawn and do it all over again. Maybe I need some more power ups, because right now I'm not having much fun battling them.[/quote]

Hmmm you have to battle them with little hits here and there. Use your enviroment to help you. If you try to battle them head on you are going to lose everytime.

Even if you lure them towards guns that you have hacked will help. The best is when you get the power to hypontheis a big daddy to do your dirty work. Watching to big daddys battle it out is good fun.

You have to be creative in this game it is not a mindless thrid person shooter.

MTK 07-31-2008 10:54 AM

[quote=mredskins;460386]Hmmm you have to battle them with little hits here and there. Use your enviroment to help you. If you try to battle them head on you are going to lose everytime.

Even if you lure them towards guns that you have hacked will help. The best is when you get the power to hypontheis a big daddy to do your dirty work. Watching to big daddys battle it out is good fun.

You have to be creative in this game it is not a mindless thrid person shooter.[/quote]

I always hack the turrets and I definitely don't try to bang heads with them directly. I try to move around and take cover behind objects when I can. I've picked up some proximity mines but I can't figure out how to set them. Do you know how?

mredskins 07-31-2008 11:13 AM

You need the gernad launcher to shoot/place them.

MTK 07-31-2008 11:14 AM

[quote=mredskins;460402]You need the gernad launcher to shoot/place them.[/quote]

ah that explains it, I thought I was missing something

Smooter 07-31-2008 01:44 PM

[QUOTE=mredskins;460354]I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT HALO! I am so addicted to it though. What is your gamer tag?

The new thing is now if you melee someone you seem to both die now. Weird.

I love the kids that got new gamer tags and are really generals but play against beginers. So annoying. When ever they kick my ass I just tell myself they probably will touch a woman in their life times because they are such nerds.[/QUOTE]

My gamertag is LayinShanesMom (Dont ask lol) The game is filled with so many booster now its unreal. People that build up level 50 accounts using free month cards then sell them to dumbass kids that are willing to buy them. What skill level are you? Im a 40.

mredskins 07-31-2008 02:04 PM

[quote=Smooter;460446]My gamertag is LayinShanesMom (Dont ask lol) The game is filled with so many booster now its unreal. People that build up level 50 accounts using free month cards then sell them to dumbass kids that are willing to buy them. What skill level are you? Im a 40.[/quote]

Dude the highest level I have ever got is like 18 in slayer. That is why I am saying it sucks when people cheat. It ruins it for a guy like me who doesn't play a ton but a enough. I want to play people who are truley at my level.

Smooter 07-31-2008 06:55 PM

[QUOTE=mredskins;460455]Dude the highest level I have ever got is like 18 in slayer. That is why I am saying it sucks when people cheat. It ruins it for a guy like me who doesn't play a ton but a enough. I want to play people who are truley at my level.[/QUOTE]

I'm big on doubles, and when I play it or team slayer I only play with people I know. I cant stand playing with some random people who scream, sing, or just plain suck. I hate playing with people who describe every event that occurs throughout the game. I have been know to yell at the game but its only because Halo rips me off. :cussing:

JGisLordOfTheRings 08-04-2008 05:33 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;460404]ah that explains it, I thought I was missing something[/quote]

Grenade launcher is awesome.

mrredskins is right, taking Big Daddy's on head on is a sure fire way to die. Freezing a Big Daddy, firing proximity mines around his frozen body and then using cross bow bolts to trap him into an area was always cool.

mredskins 08-05-2008 08:29 AM

[quote=JGisLordOfTheRings;461539]Grenade launcher is awesome.

[B][U][I]mrredskins [/I][/U][/B]is right, taking Big Daddy's on head on is a sure fire way to die. Freezing a Big Daddy, firing proximity mines around his frozen body and then using cross bow bolts to trap him into an area was always cool.[/quote]

I keep getting called Mr. Redskin, the reason I am mredskin is just because my first name is Matt. My gamertag is mredskin as well and the little punks on Halo always say Mr. Redskin. Annoying.

JGisLordOfTheRings 08-05-2008 04:31 PM

[quote=mredskins;461692]I keep getting called Mr. Redskin, the reason I am mredskin is just because my first name is Matt. My gamertag is mredskin as well and the little punks on Halo always say Mr. Redskin. Annoying.[/quote]

Ah. My bad.

mredskin it is

mredskins 08-05-2008 06:32 PM

No worries! I was just saying.