Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64781)

CRedskinsRule 01-01-2021 11:18 PM

Re: Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

One contrarian view about all the Eagles players that are out. These younger players are less likely to take plays off because they know they are putting film out there not just for Philly coaches, but other teams as well. Their talent ceiling may not be the same as the starters, but their motivation and energy may well be higher than Philly players that are guaranteed starters.

PorkSkins 01-02-2021 01:01 AM

[quote=The Skinsinator;1271211]We still may be without McLaurin and Gibson. Smith is just, supposedly, coming off an injury also. Interested to see how our defense does against Jalen Hurts. Kid is a winner and have a feeling he's going to be the Eagles' guy going forward.[/quote]

McLaurin could possibly miss the game, but Gibson is playing.

DYoungJelly 01-02-2021 09:13 AM

Really interested to see if Cox and Barnett plays for the Eagles.

Those guys are real difference makers, especially Cox.

Chico23231 01-02-2021 09:22 AM

[quote=DYoungJelly;1271220]Really interested to see if Cox and Barnett plays for the Eagles.

Those guys are real difference makers, especially Cox.[/quote]

They are already ruled out along with like 6 other starters

CRedskinsRule 01-02-2021 09:34 AM

Man, Sunday night seems so far away!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

GridIron26 01-02-2021 10:30 AM

[QUOTE=CRedskinsRule;1271214]One contrarian view about all the Eagles players that are out. These younger players are less likely to take plays off because they know they are putting film out there not just for Philly coaches, but other teams as well. Their talent ceiling may not be the same as the starters, but their motivation and energy may well be higher than Philly players that are guaranteed starters.[/QUOTE]Great point. The WFT must play as if they are underdog in this game, regardless of which team and players they will play against.

DYoungJelly 01-02-2021 11:31 AM

[quote=GridIron26;1271223]Great point. The WFT must play as if they are underdog in this game, regardless of which team and players they will play against.[/quote]

For the first time in forever, I'm confident in the team RR on down approaching this game with the right mindset/attitude.

Idk about the game plans, O and D, or how much the QB situation will limit the team but I'm not worried about the mentality!

DYoungJelly 01-02-2021 12:02 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1271221]They are already ruled out along with like 6 other starters[/quote]

There are some legit players in there:

[url]https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/01/fletcher-cox-miles-sanders-among-nine-eagles-ruled-out/[/url]

AnonEmouse 01-02-2021 12:45 PM

Smith's starting so I'm more confident right now, but it would be better if McLaurin was confirmed too.

Number44 01-02-2021 12:50 PM

[quote=DYoungJelly;1271228]There are some legit players in there:
[/quote]

[url]http://images.marketchess.com/im/9776/2dd262d3-d165-4d5c-8c6e-e37a9cfe9700_text_hi.gif[/url]

Chico23231 01-02-2021 01:12 PM

DC Jim Schwartz is taking a leave of absence from the Eagles..stepping back after this year.

Eagles just loss their best coach on the team

CRedskinsRule 01-02-2021 01:16 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1271233]DC Jim Schwartz is taking a leave of absence from the Eagles..stepping back after this year.

Eagles just loss their best coach on the team[/QUOTE]Ugh. I can see their defense wanting to step up their play for him tomorrow night. I think he is very respected by players.

Chico23231 01-02-2021 01:30 PM

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Washington is planning to start Alex Smith (questionable, calf) for Week 17 against the Eagles.

Smith came out of the practice week "feeling fine" and is on track to return for Sunday night's win-and-in game. There was never much doubt over his status. Smith's supporting cast is the larger concern with Antonio Gibson (toe) and Terry McLaurin (ankle) both questionable.

MissouriSkin 01-02-2021 01:34 PM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1271234]Ugh. I can see their defense wanting to step up their play for him tomorrow night. I think he is very respected by players.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]

Nah...most of their good players aren’t playing and some will see it as he’s quitting on them.

calia 01-02-2021 05:45 PM

I have a weird feeling that we are going to shit stomp the Eagles. I have been afraid to say it for fear of jinxing the team, but there’s something about the way they’ve been coming together that, even with the recent losses, tells me that they know this is a chance to make a statement that they’re back and that the character of these players and their coaches tells me that they will not falter in the face of that opportunity. I’d settle for a win even by a point, but I am hoping for a real thrashing. Lourie is meeting with Pederson Tuesday, and let’s give them something to make that a difficult conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warthog 01-02-2021 07:30 PM

The Eagles are no pushover. I’ve gone to some of these last game of the season battles and neither team mails in the game.

The Eagles have a lot of injuries, including COX who always seems to have our number. Good he’s not playing. However a guy-with-a-grudge is DESEAN JACKSON, who has stomped our ass on more than a few games, when he isn’t injured. He’s BACK from IR and ready to get a long TD or two against us, mostly for revenge because Snyder and Bruce Allen dumped him after a 1000 yard season here. Don’t get me going on that one. He’s got to be watched because he’s still got some juice.

The new QB Hurt is playing for his career now. If he wins this game he goes into the off-season perhaps in the lead over Carson Wentz. He can run and throw, but if pressured he will make mistakes. That’s the game - keeping Hurt contained.

A Big DEAL is whether McLaurin can play. He’s the only player the DC worry about. There’s a huge drop off if he can’t play. However, as with Alex Smith they’re not going to get them hurt, if they’re not pretty much 100%.

Turner needs to stay with the run. He panicked last week when the team got behind and that caused Haskins to make it worse with his bad decisions.
However, I liked that Turner opened up with an occasional long ball to keep the defense honest. It’s too bad Cam Sims wasn’t able to haul that one in.

Alex Smith will start - can he finish the game??

This game is a win-win. If we win we go to the playoffs. If we lose we get a better draft pick and perhaps more direction toward where the team needs to go in the draft and FA.

mredskins 01-02-2021 07:44 PM

[quote=Warthog;1271252]The Eagles are no pushover. I’ve gone to some of these last game of the season battles and neither team mails in the game.

The Eagles have a lot of injuries, including COX who always seems to have our number. Good he’s not playing. However a guy-with-a-grudge is DESEAN JACKSON, who has stomped our ass on more than a few games, when he isn’t injured. He’s BACK from IR and ready to get a long TD or two against us, mostly for revenge because Snyder and Bruce Allen dumped him after a 1000 yard season here. Don’t get me going on that one. He’s got to be watched because he’s still got some juice.

The new QB Hurt is playing for his career now. If he wins this game he goes into the off-season perhaps in the lead over Carson Wentz. He can run and throw, but if pressured he will make mistakes. That’s the game - keeping Hurt contained.

A Big DEAL is whether McLaurin can play. He’s the only player the DC worry about. There’s a huge drop off if he can’t play. However, as with Alex Smith they’re not going to get them hurt, if they’re not pretty much 100%.

Turner needs to stay with the run. He panicked last week when the team got behind and that caused Haskins to make it worse with his bad decisions.
However, I liked that Turner opened up with an occasional long ball to keep the defense honest. It’s too bad Cam Sims wasn’t able to haul that one in.

Alex Smith will start - can he finish the game??

This game is a win-win. If we win we go to the playoffs. If we lose we get a better draft pick and perhaps more direction toward where the team needs to go in the draft and FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Pretty sure DJAX is out.

PorkSkins 01-02-2021 08:08 PM

[quote=mredskins;1271254]Pretty sure DJAX is out.[/quote]

Jackson is out.

Here's another tweet from earlier today involving the Eagles.

[url]https://mobile.twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/1345375201417195520[/url]

skinsfaninok 01-02-2021 11:35 PM

[quote=PorkSkins;1271256]Jackson is out.

Here's another tweet from earlier today involving the Eagles.

[url]https://mobile.twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/1345375201417195520[/url][/quote]

Why would they want to win? A team depleted with offensive talent and defensive for that matter needs a top 5 pick, if they lose they are a lock for that.

Warthog 01-03-2021 12:02 AM

[QUOTE=mredskins;1271254]Pretty sure DJAX is out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just saw that. Good. He’s a revenge sort of player, as he showed when we had him and we played the Eagles!

Warthog 01-03-2021 12:08 AM

Let's try this "Win and in" again. Eagles Pregame 2.0

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1271258]Why would they want to win? A team depleted with offensive talent and defensive for that matter needs a top 5 pick, if they lose they are a lock for that.[/QUOTE]

Players don’t tank. They’re playing for a spot next year. The team may start pulling back if we’re winning by a couple TD’s but we’re not good enough to get that high. Hurt, in particular, is vying as a possible consideration as the starter next year. He’s certainly have to compete against Wentz next TC, but if he’s good enough the Eagles may not draft a Qb with their first draft pick.

Even with all the hurt Eagles this won’t be easy. We’re not good enough for that, especially if McLaurin isn’t playing (??).

CRedskinsRule 01-03-2021 12:45 AM

[QUOTE=Warthog;1271262]Players don’t tank. They’re playing for a spot next year. The team may start pulling back if we’re winning by a couple TD’s but we’re not good enough to get that high. Hurt, in particular, is vying as a possible consideration as the starter next year. He’s certainly have to compete against Wentz next TC, but if he’s good enough the Eagles may not draft a Qb with their first draft pick.

Even with all the hurt Eagles this won’t be easy. We’re not good enough for that, especially if McLaurin isn’t playing (??).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]I agree with your first part - players don't tank. Players know that their next coach/employer looks at film from these type of games to see who has internal motivation.

I disagree about us not being good enough, it has gone under the radar because of the Haskins effect, but our offense has found some serious rhythm the last few games.( i am ignoring the first 20 minutes because I don't have a clue why they can't start at speed).

TheMalcolmConnection 01-03-2021 09:24 AM

ESPN: Gibson, Smith, McLaurin ALL active.

jamf 01-03-2021 09:26 AM

How is this team going to break my heart today?

[url=https://ibb.co/NYzR680][img]https://i.ibb.co/j4FtvcC/F3370-C4-F-D27-B-41-C1-80-AE-76-A35-FDBAFE7.jpg[/img][/url]

SkinzWin 01-03-2021 09:44 AM

[quote=jamf;1271276]How is this team going to break my heart today?

[url=https://ibb.co/NYzR680][img]https://i.ibb.co/j4FtvcC/F3370-C4-F-D27-B-41-C1-80-AE-76-A35-FDBAFE7.jpg[/img][/url][/quote]

If we lose it’s on you putting this bad juju out there!!

PorkSkins 01-03-2021 09:54 AM

[quote=SkinzWin;1271281]If we lose it’s on you putting this bad juju out there!![/quote]

Some people are wired to be pessimistic. I'm not saying that's necessarily the case for jamf, but I think you catch my drift. The heck with bad juju. We're gonna handle our business by kicking ass and taking names.

Chico23231 01-03-2021 10:06 AM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;1271273]ESPN: Gibson, Smith, McLaurin ALL active.[/quote]

Big time news. Rolling these three as oppose to Trashkins, Sims Jr/AGG and Barber is a relief

CRedskinsRule 01-03-2021 10:07 AM

[QUOTE=PorkSkins;1271282]Some people are wired to be pessimistic. I'm not saying that's necessarily the case for jamf, but I think you catch my drift. The heck with bad juju. We're gonna handle our business by kicking ass and taking names.[/QUOTE]Our team has dropped stinkers many times including just last week. I think having a thought like jamf expressed isn't pessimistic as much as trained behavior. And even as I type this and watch Washington Football Kickoff Preview (team produced tv show) I see this on the tv. Is spelling versus right too much to ask for a professional team?[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210103/56a244e8ccf5076912b07c03b2e11f6b.jpg[/IMG]

PorkSkins 01-03-2021 10:20 AM

[quote=CRedskinsRule;1271285]Our team has dropped stinkers many times including just last week. I think having a thought like jamf expressed isn't pessimistic as much as trained behavior. And even as I type this and watch Washington Football Kickoff Preview (team produced tv show) I see this on the tv. Is spelling versus right too much to ask for a professional team?[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210103/56a244e8ccf5076912b07c03b2e11f6b.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk[/quote]

So, you don't think Haskins playing had any effect on our game last week? I feel pretty darn confident by saying if Smith wasn't injured or had we played Heinicke earlier then we would've won. Haskins is or was that bad!

Frankly, we have fared well when we've been in similar position (ie, 1999, 2005, 2007, 2012, and 2015). The only time we've crapped the bed was in 2016. Past history suggest we're good to go.

CRedskinsRule 01-03-2021 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=PorkSkins;1271286]So, you don't think Haskins playing had any effect on our game last week? I feel pretty darn confident by saying if Smith wasn't injured or had we played Heinicke earlier then we would've won. Haskins is or was that bad!

Frankly, we have fared well when we've been in similar position (ie, 1999, 2005, 2007, 2012, and 2015). The only time we've crapped the bed was in 2016. Past history suggest we're good to go.[/QUOTE]Sure playing Haskins had an effect. But the WFT has had enough flubs to hope they don't ruin our day/evening.

That said, cutting Haskins and having all three offensive players available take away ANY excuse for the WFT not win the game.

FrenchSkin 01-03-2021 10:40 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1271284]Big time news. Rolling these three as oppose to Trashkins, Sims Jr/AGG and Barber is a relief[/quote]

It's definitely huge and I think it shows how all in the team is willing to be. We know Alex not healthy is really bad, but the fact he's doing everything he can to be out there sure should be more energizing for the whole team.

WCommandersfan99 01-03-2021 11:49 AM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;1271273]ESPN: Gibson, Smith, McLaurin ALL active.[/quote]Great! No excuses now

Win the East WFT! Let's do this!

PorkSkins 01-03-2021 12:01 PM

More news on the Eagles' front.

[url]https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1345766691477794823[/url]

punch it in 01-03-2021 06:35 PM

[QUOTE=PorkSkins;1271300]More news on the Eagles' front.

[url]https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1345766691477794823[/url][/QUOTE]

Easier it is the better....

punch it in 01-03-2021 06:39 PM

[QUOTE=jamf;1271276]How is this team going to break my heart today?

[url=https://ibb.co/NYzR680][img]https://i.ibb.co/j4FtvcC/F3370-C4-F-D27-B-41-C1-80-AE-76-A35-FDBAFE7.jpg[/img][/url][/QUOTE]

It is such a way of life with us. We only needed to win one of our last three are words we will not utter though. We got this.
Their coach is on the hot seat. Their quarterback is trying to cement his place going forward. Im just hoping the rest of them are already checked out...

REDSKINS4ever 01-03-2021 07:27 PM

There's no reason why we can't clinch the division tonight......this division is raggedy anyway..... somebody got to win it..... might as well be us.

rocnrik 01-03-2021 07:29 PM

We will win !!