Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Welcome to DC Chase Young! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64613)

SFREDSKIN 04-28-2020 09:57 AM

Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

[quote=skinsfaninok;1251104]He's Julius Peppers and we have needed that for years

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/quote]

I thought you were on the trade the pick bandwagon and wanted Simmons?

Giantone 04-28-2020 10:07 AM

CY is for real ,he is going to be a great player. Hopefully the Giants drafted with him in mind !

Bishop Hammer 04-28-2020 10:32 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;1251123]One guy isn't going to turn this into a top d. Do you guys remember just how bad it was last year? I believe that we were last against the run. No one is capable of stopping SaQuan. Last on 3rd down. I think Chase will help 3rd down hopefully. But year after year we just suck against the run. Sorry but you can not just say that is all Manusky's fault. A lot of it has to go on the players too.

Kerrigan can not play the run worth shit anymore. Holcomb misses more tackles than anyone. I saw Allen get pushed around too much. Collins is the most overrated safety in the NFL.

A lot of the same guys will be back and we will need them to play better and get coached up.[/quote]

Gregg Manusky was coaching those guys and his history is mediocre at best. Jack Del Rio is a superior coordinator and is implementing a different, more aggressive philosophy.

In Steve Spurious' last year the defense wasn't anything to write home about but when Gregg Williams took over the same unit they immediately became a force to be reckoned with. I have a funny feeling the D wilk become a strong point for Wash, if the season happens.

Warthog 04-28-2020 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfan69;1251125]What flavor are you drinking? Pass me some please. I like fruit punch.[/QUOTE]

I知 predicting the Redskins will be 8-8 this season and I知 drinking the koolaid? Lol. I値l talk to you at the end of the season. I think the defense will progress to the top ten or so based mostly on the new coaches this season and some on Chase and a lot of other good players who were mismanaged. The offense is more a work in progress and will take more time.

Manusky has never been able to get his defenses out of the bottom quarter of the NFL , no matter WHO he had playing for him. Is he a defensive coordinator for another team now? No - because he just keeps repeating his record. Jack Del Rio and Rivera have taken trash defenses and brought them to the top. Not because of a massive infusion of new, great players but because they are successful coaches, motivators and teachers.

Another factor: Bruce Allen isn稚 making personnel and team decisions and neither is Snyder. I look at Kyle Smith as an excellent evaluator of personnel, another HUGE change m.

If you think predicting a team will be .500 is koolaid drinking, then I値l take mine in Guinness flavor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SFREDSKIN 04-28-2020 01:31 PM

[quote=Warthog;1251143]I知 predicting the Redskins will be 8-8 this season and I知 drinking the koolaid? Lol. I値l talk to you at the end of the season. I think the defense will progress to the top ten or so based mostly on the new coaches this season and some on Chase and a lot of other good players who were mismanaged. The offense is more a work in progress and will take more time.

Manusky has never been able to get his defenses out of the bottom quarter of the NFL , no matter WHO he had playing for him. Is he a defensive coordinator for another team now? No - because he just keeps repeating his record. Jack Del Rio and Rivera have taken trash defenses and brought them to the top. Not because of a massive infusion of new, great players but because they are successful coaches, motivators and teachers.

Another factor: Bruce Allen isn稚 making personnel and team decisions and neither is Snyder. I look at Kyle Smith as an excellent evaluator of personnel, another HUGE change m.

If you think predicting a team will be .500 is koolaid drinking, then I値l take mine in Guinness flavor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

This team with a weaker personnel could have been in the playoffs 3-4 years, injuries prevented from happening. The only ? are Haskins development and LT, I think will be fine since we are loaded with young talent and would not be surprised to see us in the playoffs.

skinsfaninok 04-28-2020 02:36 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1251129]I thought you were on the trade the pick bandwagon and wanted Simmons?[/quote]

O I was but I always said if we take CY I'd be just as happy.

mooby 04-28-2020 03:09 PM

Maybe Chase Young will bump us up to drafting 1 first team all-pro. We'd still be in last place for the last 20 years but you gotta start somewhere right?

[IMG]https://i.redd.it/9jim00mt4kv41.jpg[/IMG]

skinsfaninok 04-28-2020 08:17 PM

I love these for alternate Jersey!! [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200429/421c2e917ee17f87e966a505dfb9967d.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NYCskinfan82 04-28-2020 10:46 PM

Not a bad look.

MTK 04-28-2020 11:33 PM

Not a fan of gold jerseys

OnceWeWereKings 04-29-2020 12:26 AM

The only time I dig the gold jerseys is as practice jerseys..

Warthog 04-29-2020 01:51 AM

[QUOTE=OnceWeWereKings;1251167]The only time I dig the gold jerseys is as practice jerseys..[/QUOTE]

Only the QB wear the gold jerseys in TC so they don稚 get hit. That痴 what this Gold Jersey reminds me of - I値l pass.

I AM going to order my Chase Young jersey, once he gets his number (99?) and through this training camp (if there is one).

I did the same thing after Chris Cooley first training camp and never regretted it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnceWeWereKings 04-29-2020 02:44 PM

[quote=Warthog;1251168]Only the QB wear the gold jerseys in TC so they don稚 get hit. That痴 what this Gold Jersey reminds me of - I値l pass.

I AM going to order my Chase Young jersey, once he gets his number (99?) and through this training camp (if there is one).

I did the same thing after Chris Cooley first training camp and never regretted it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Good to know. I had no idea it was only QBs in camp. I never really noticed them before rg3, and I was going to pick one of them up. Instead I got a white rg3 jersey
...and after that i vowed to not get current players. The next one i bought was a maroon ernest byner. I think a young jersey may be in order, next though as well.
Not a fan of those weird stars on the sleeves of this one. I'll pass

AnonEmouse 04-29-2020 03:56 PM

Every time I bought a jersey for q current player he was gone next season. Portis, Arrington and Moss. I'm not superstitious but...

GridIron26 04-29-2020 04:00 PM

[quote=AnonEmouse;1251205]Every time I bought a jersey for q current player he was gone next season. Portis, Arrington and Moss. I'm not superstitious but...[/quote]

Please buy Moses jersey!