Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Come up with a new name for the Redskins (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64635)

JackLord 12-01-2021 11:54 AM

Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

[quote=SFREDSKIN;1301678]Hail to the Commanders, hail victory…..

LAME!![/quote]

Sounds like something out of Triumph of the Will. :(

Chico23231 12-01-2021 12:05 PM

Will always be redskins, will always refer to them as redskins.

Don’t care what the new name is, will continue to use Redskins as there is nothing wrong with the name

SFREDSKIN 12-01-2021 12:08 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1301680]Will always be redskins, will always refer to them as redskins.

Don’t care what the new name is, will continue to use Redskins as there is nothing wrong with the name[/quote]

Damn right!! And I hope all the fans at the stadium still sing Hail to the Redskins!!

JackLord 12-01-2021 12:31 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1301680]Will always be redskins, will always refer to them as redskins.

Don’t care what the new name is, will continue to use Redskins as there is nothing wrong with the name[/quote]

Right on.

Another funny thing. Watching the news, I have seen two different BLM rallies where one of the guys being interviewed was wearing a Redskins hat. Not that sterile, Waste Management W, but the full blown Native American from the helmet.

Monty Python could not script better irony.

MTK 12-01-2021 12:38 PM

Don’t care what the new name is, will continue to use Redskins [B]as there is nothing wrong with the name[/B][/quote]

Other than the fact it's not the name anymore, but hey you do you.

sdskinsfan2001 12-01-2021 12:40 PM

When the name change hits, this site is going to explode.

[IMG]https://media2.giphy.com/media/fVzdQ7TK7hO5ViB2Pp/200.gif[/IMG]

sdskinsfan2001 12-01-2021 12:42 PM

[quote=MTK;1301685]Other than the fact it's not the name anymore, but hey you do you.[/quote]

I have 1 Redskins shirt and 1 WFT shirt in my normal rotation. Will be adding a 3rd member soon.

skinsfaninok 12-01-2021 12:44 PM

Yeah it does suck and at first I was like F Them I want a new team but after time things get better.. Redskins is in the past and its a great past time. There is no name that will make everyone happy. If the team is winning and the logo is solid with the same great colors, I'm fine with whatever.

skinsfaninok 12-01-2021 12:46 PM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1301688]I have 1 Redskins shirt and 1 WFT shirt in my normal rotation. Will be adding a 3rd member soon.[/quote]

I haven't worn any Redskins apparel since the name ended. I have a couple WFT shirts and the new Salute to service hoodie that's it

sdskinsfan2001 12-01-2021 12:50 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1301690]I haven't worn any Redskins apparel since the name ended. I have a couple WFT shirts and the new Salute to service hoodie that's it[/quote]

My Redskins shirt was expensive, it's awesome, and it's comfortable as shit. I'm rocking it. Not trying to make any kind of statement, but I'm not gonna stop wearing it.

skinsfaninok 12-01-2021 12:53 PM

cant blame u there

Chico23231 12-01-2021 01:29 PM

[quote=MTK;1301685]Other than the fact it's not the name anymore, but hey you do you.[/quote]

I’m sure people will recognize what I mean…as the Redskins has only meant the football team in DC for the last 75 years. If they whine and cry about it, that will make my day too.

rocnrik 12-01-2021 05:43 PM

Any name they choose could be seen as a Arena team name or whatever… I would say there are a lot of teams named the wolves etc … The Name will he what Washington makes it by Wins …I originally hated WFT but now I like it .. here is a thought If the WFT were to somehow get to playoffs and Win it all would they change the Name ??

FrenchSkin 12-01-2021 06:33 PM

[quote=MTK;1301652]Commanders.

Start getting used to it now and when it's formally announced you won't be surprised.[/quote]

I really don't get why we should assume it'll be Commanders... Did I miss something or is the only "evidence" supporting this rumor a written comment on SNS saying somebody knows somebody working at New Era ?

I will need more to believe it. They went through all this process and all, and I never saw Commanders having any real fans support. Warriors did, that's out. Renegades does a little bit. Hogs/WarHogs has some... And obviously Redwolves/Wolves leads the pack. I know the rebranding isn't an online popularity contest, but Commanders still feels like an outsider in this race.

CRedskinsRule 12-01-2021 07:08 PM

[QUOTE=FrenchSkin;1301761]I really don't get why we should assume it'll be Commanders... Did I miss something or is the only "evidence" supporting this rumor a written comment on SNS saying somebody knows somebody working at New Era ?

I will need more to believe it. They went through all this process and all, and I never saw Commanders having any real fans support. Warriors did, that's out. Renegades does a little bit. Hogs/WarHogs has some... And obviously Redwolves/Wolves leads the pack. I know the rebranding isn't an online popularity contest, but Commanders still feels like an outsider in this race.[/QUOTE]I agree, though Commanders has gotten a lot of non standard media play, it I almost like the Skins are trying to see the best way to frame it.

Yet Wolves gets zero media leakage. My Wolf-fandom wants to say that's because they have the truth locked up tight, but that is not the history of DS' team.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk