Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the NFL: NFL Offseason (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64813)

MTK 03-11-2021 12:47 PM

Re: Around the NFL: NFL Offseason

We play pretty much every top QB in the league next year, this defense better be ready to take a big next step forward

Chief X_Phackter 03-11-2021 12:54 PM

Long ways to go, but until proven otherwise, here's how I rank the NFC East right now.

WFT
NYG
DAL
PHI

Chief X_Phackter 03-11-2021 12:58 PM

[quote=MTK;1278981]We play pretty much every top QB in the league next year, this defense better be ready to take a big next step forward[/quote]

That's why I hope the main emphasis this offseason will be on defense. I want them to add a couple pieces on offense (QB being the number 1 priority), WR, TE, but both Jack and RR are defensive guys, and I would think they are looking to build a truly dominant D.

BaltimoreSkins 03-11-2021 01:49 PM

Cap cuts so far: [url]https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-salary-cap-cuts-2021-tracker-players-released-nfl-free-agency/16bh4lh810br5140uymz9w9bkp[/url]

Chief X_Phackter 03-11-2021 02:08 PM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1278989]Cap cuts so far: [url]https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-salary-cap-cuts-2021-tracker-players-released-nfl-free-agency/16bh4lh810br5140uymz9w9bkp[/url][/quote]

Seems to be a lot of DBs and O-linemen so far.

CRedskinsRule 03-11-2021 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=BaltimoreSkins;1278989]Cap cuts so far: [url]https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-salary-cap-cuts-2021-tracker-players-released-nfl-free-agency/16bh4lh810br5140uymz9w9bkp[/url][/QUOTE]54 players on that list. Not many that seem worth chasing.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

BaltimoreSkins 03-11-2021 02:13 PM

Agree on both accounts Obviously it doesn't include FA a team has no intention of chasing.

SkinsGuru 03-11-2021 06:19 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1278976]I don't think the starting QB is on the roster right now.[/quote]
i have a feeling they are going to do the Allen/Heinicke to start this year and select one of Mond or Newman (i prefer newman) in the middle rounds to eventually take over.

sdskinsfan2001 03-12-2021 01:48 AM

Milano, back with Buffalo. He was probably an option for a lot of fan bases. Gotta love sports, sounded like he was gone from Buffalo. Back for a reasonable deal.

Apparently guard is way more important than linebacker. L. David is back with the Bucs for 2 years and 24 million. Milano is back with the Bills for 4 and 44. And we just paid a G 18 million. And yes, there is a huge difference between 12 and 18. There is a huge difference between 18 and 16. This franchise tag for Scherff has negatively effected the rest of the roster for the future beyond this year. The money spent on him this year, could've been used to sign multiple guys to multi year contracts.

sdskinsfan2001 03-12-2021 03:45 AM

@IanKenyonNFL
[I]
Chiefs just cut both of their starting tackles, took the RB5 in last year's class in the first round and the year before that took Mecole over DK, McLaurin and Diontae and the year before that gave Sammy Watkins $16m/year (more than Allen Robinson in same FA class).[/I]

Dak has a better contract than Mahomes. Mahomes can cover-up a lot of things.

Pat just stays learning from the GOAT. I love Mahomes. He could've held out for 50 million per year if he wanted to. 50 million is extreme, but I'd take PM at 40M per year, with a smile on my face. I'm lying, I'd smile at 50 million too. And have fingers crossed for COVID vaccinations work, and the TV contracts going ham, to pump that salary cap up.

But Chiefs better get a better strategy than we have Mahomes, nothing else matters.

TheGuyFromOverThere 03-12-2021 06:55 AM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1279014]@IanKenyonNFL
[I]
Chiefs just cut both of their starting tackles, took the RB5 in last year's class in the first round and the year before that took Mecole over DK, McLaurin and Diontae and the year before that gave Sammy Watkins $16m/year (more than Allen Robinson in same FA class).[/I]

Dak has a better contract than Mahomes. Mahomes can cover-up a lot of things.

Pat just stays learning from the GOAT. I love Mahomes. He could've held out for 50 million per year if he wanted to. 50 million is extreme, but I'd take PM at 40M per year, with a smile on my face. I'm lying, I'd smile at 50 million too. And have fingers crossed for COVID vaccinations work, and the TV contracts going ham, to pump that salary cap up.

But Chiefs better get a better strategy than we have Mahomes, nothing else matters.[/quote]

Well, leaving the team enough money to pay a good o-line keeps him healthier. That means he can play longer and earn still more money.

SkinzWin 03-12-2021 06:57 AM

Am I missing something? Iíve seen several reports of teams signing players, but I donít understand how players can be signed right now if free agency doesnít start until next week? Ingram to Houston, Miami signs a punter.

mredskins 03-12-2021 07:12 AM

[quote=SkinzWin;1279018]Am I missing something? Iíve seen several reports of teams signing players, but I donít understand how players can be signed right now if free agency doesnít start until next week? Ingram to Houston, Miami signs a punter.[/quote]

TJ Watt already signed.

I am not sure how they can sign before free agency.

MissouriSkin 03-12-2021 07:17 AM

[quote=mredskins;1279020]TJ Watt already signed.

I am not sure how they can sign before free agency.[/quote]

Because they were cut, not someone with an expiring contract.

BaltimoreSkins 03-12-2021 07:56 AM

It is in principal I believe and doesn't become official until FA