Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64822)

punch it in 10-27-2021 08:27 AM

Re: Snyder to Stay on a Owner

[QUOTE=BaltimoreSkins;1297624]The post in reddit is satire making fun of people thinking Richie Borgus is now our new WFT insider.[/QUOTE]

Honestly anything that helps keep it a story. Lol. Even Dick Bogus…..

GridIron26 10-27-2021 08:48 AM

It's pretty obvious that NFL owners are dug in deep together, so I don't think we will ever see NFL forcing Snyder out of the league.

To my family - why the hell did you guys root for WFT??? No matter how hard I try to not pay attention to WFT, I'm simply drawn to it regardless of the state WFT is in because you guys raised me to root for them.

Dlyne8r 10-27-2021 12:44 PM

[quote=GridIron26;1297629]It's pretty obvious that NFL owners are dug in deep together, so I don't think we will ever see NFL forcing Snyder out of the league.

To my family - [B]why the hell did you guys root for WFT???[/B] No matter how hard I try to not pay attention to WFT, I'm simply drawn to it regardless of the state WFT is in because you guys raised me to root for them.[/quote]

That’s an easy answer. Your family experienced competent ownership and coaching in addition to a roster that actually gave a damn and played for the love of the game and not always for fame and fortune. Sucks that you and the younger generation didn’t have that experience and were left with this steaming pile of crap of an organization.

BaltimoreSkins 10-27-2021 02:35 PM

[quote=punch it in;1297610][url]https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32481925/nfl-investigation-washington-football-team-released-pressure-commissioner-roger-goodell-says[/url]

[emoji35][/quote]

The whole thing is a joke and so many people complain about the NFL but we keep watching.

I also love how a $10 million dollar fine is substantial for an organization worth 4.2 billion. What a joke. I pay more in my annual income a traffic violation than this clown for decades of a toxic workplace.

skinsfaninok 10-27-2021 02:45 PM

Andrew Brandt
@AndrewBrandt
Some of new pod re working at WFT:
-Told to not wear flats, only high heels;
-Told to not look "Mr. Snyder" in the eye;
-Told to not use certain doors when Mr. Snyder was there;
-No real HR person;
-New executives were hired, new policies, everyone hopeful; then fired.
Up soon..

skinsfaninok 10-27-2021 02:48 PM

The NFL won't force Dan out unless he has something racist , clearly that is the only way in todays world.. Treating women like shit doesn't matter

Ruhskins 10-27-2021 03:56 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1297615]I don’t understand why goodell wouldn’t just get rid of Dan if he had the evidence to do so. Like he isn’t well like by anyone and has been a thorn in the side of the league since he came in[/quote]

Because Goodell works for Dan and the other owners.

The only way Dan gets pushed out is if a majority of owners decide he must go.

Honestly, it is an easy fix if Dan sells the team from a league perspective, also let's not forget that Dan gets a ton of money in the process.

But until the situation becomes terrible enough (and apparently it hasn't) to get the other owners turn on Dan, he is not going anywhere.

Also, if the media wants to push on this, they need to talk to the owners and not Goodell).

Chief X_Phackter 10-27-2021 04:09 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1297698]Because Goodell works for Dan and the other owners.

[B]The only way Dan gets pushed out is if a majority of owners decide he must go.[/B]

Honestly, it is an easy fix if Dan sells the team from a league perspective, also let's not forget that Dan gets a ton of money in the process.

But until the situation becomes terrible enough (and apparently it hasn't) to get the other owners turn on Dan, he is not going anywhere.

Also, if the media wants to push on this, they need to talk to the owners and not Goodell).[/quote]

Maybe that will happen. The Raiders owner has come out to say that the NFL should release a written report on its findings in its 10-month investigation into Washington's workplace misconduct and also called into question the timing of the Jon Gruden email scandal.

[url]https://www.foxnews.com/sports/raiders-mark-davis-nfl-report-wft-investigation-gruden-scandal[/url]

First domino to fall?

Ruhskins 10-27-2021 04:11 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1297699]Maybe that will happen. The Raiders owner has come out to say that the NFL should release a written report on its findings in its 10-month investigation into Washington's workplace misconduct and also called into question the timing of the Jon Gruden email scandal.

[url]https://www.foxnews.com/sports/raiders-mark-davis-nfl-report-wft-investigation-gruden-scandal[/url]

First domino to fall?[/quote]

The problem is that everyone keeps focusing on Goodell, yet they forget he works for Dan and the owners.

If there is a media blitz at the owners about this, you'll get more and more of these responses.

Chief X_Phackter 10-27-2021 04:19 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "everyone keeps focusing on Goodell", but he is the Commissioner, and if there is a single point of contact to go to (Congress, the former WFT employees, etc), then he's the logical guy. Yes, he basically is under the thumb of the owners, and maybe that's why the former WFT employees went to the owner's meetings to deliver their letter(s) to the owners - asking for transparency with regard to the WFT investigation.

Ruhskins 10-27-2021 04:25 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1297701]I'm not sure what you mean by "everyone keeps focusing on Goodell", but he is the Commissioner, and if there is a single point of contact to go to (Congress, the former WFT employees, etc), then he's the logical guy. Yes, he basically is under the thumb of the owners, and maybe that's why the former WFT employees went to the owner's meetings to deliver their letter(s) to the owners - asking for transparency with regard to the WFT investigation.[/quote]

IMO, people act like Goodell has the authority to do something on his own, when they say: "why doesn't Goodell do this" etc., etc.

Yes, he's the point of contact for the league. But as you mentioned, it was more impactful for the former WFT employees to go to the owners' meeting.

Same with the media, they need to hound the owners, well at least those owners who made themselves available to the media.

Chief X_Phackter 10-27-2021 04:40 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;1297702]IMO, people act like Goodell has the authority to do something on his own, when they say: "why doesn't Goodell do this" etc., etc.

Yes, he's the point of contact for the league. But as you mentioned, it was more impactful for the former WFT employees to go to the owners' meeting.

Same with the media, they need to hound the owners, well at least those owners who made themselves available to the media.[/quote]

I see what you mean. Yep - I agree.

Redskins247 10-28-2021 09:49 AM

Something I thought of when hearing someone talk about this, in the same way they made the name change...what if sponsors, ie. Fed Ex, starting pulling out from any ads or sponsorship with the team until a change is made? It would take a major one like Pepsi, Coke, Nike...to say I will not have any advertising when that team is involved. I'm sure that's another really long shot...but any of these companies with a woman in high ranks that keeps hearing about all this in the media over and over, would possibly make that call. Just like losing Redskins, when the money may get cut...a change will be made.

KI Skins Fan 10-28-2021 10:13 AM

Also, we haven't heard a peep from the attorney who conducted the investigation, a woman who has the reputation of being a champion of women's rights. She may not have the authority to release the findings, yet I feel that, once again, the results of an investigation that was portrayed as "independent" and unfettered has been quashed by the owners. The owners have shown themselves to lack ethics and compassion for "the little people" as they continue to disregard the truth and possible violations of the laws of the land. It may be time for the DOJ to get involved.

FrenchSkin 10-28-2021 10:14 AM

[QUOTE=Redskins247;1297745]Something I thought of when hearing someone talk about this, in the same way they made the name change...what if sponsors, ie. Fed Ex, starting pulling out from any ads or sponsorship with the team until a change is made? It would take a major one like Pepsi, Coke, Nike...to say I will not have any advertising when that team is involved. I'm sure that's another really long shot...but any of these companies with a woman in high ranks that keeps hearing about all this in the media over and over, would possibly make that call. Just like losing Redskins, when the money may get cut...a change will be made.[/QUOTE]I think that's a really good point. Remember nobody was really expecting the name dropping when it happened. Yes there was some pressure but nothing really new, and yet in the context of George Floyd's death sponsors decided they've had enough... so I don't want to sound like I'm minimizing this tragic event, but maybe we are indeed one major social event away from big money deciding they've had enough with Snyder...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk