Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2012 Free Agency Wish List (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=46420)

EARTHQUAKE2689 01-29-2012 10:33 AM

Re: 2012 Free Agency Wish List

[quote=Mattyk;879861]I think you could also say it the other way around too. How much of Bree's success is due to guys like Colston or more recently Graham? How many times this year did you see Brees just toss a ball up in their direction and they make a play?

No doubt Brees is a monster, but I don't think Colston is a complete bum without him.[/quote]

Very true the only thing is Colston will be 29 during the season and given our track record when signing other teams FAs I would still draft at least 2 WRs this year.

Lotus 01-29-2012 10:45 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;879863]Very true the only thing is Colston will be 29 during the season and given our track record when signing other teams FAs I would still draft at least 2 WRs this year.[/quote]

Although I really like Colston I share your concerns above and agree that we should have WR's (especially a field stretcher) in our draft shopping cart.

SmootSmack 01-29-2012 11:09 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;879853]What about VJax or DBowe? And let's say we sign Colston, Garcon, or Royal with this draft being so deep at WR do you think we would still use a first or second rounder on a WR? Say Mohamed Sanu from Rutgers, Dwight Jones from UNC, Jurion Criner from Arizona, Joe Adams from Arkansas, Ryan Broyles from Oklahoma, Marvin McNutt from Iowa, Kendall Wright from Baylor?[/quote]

VJax: It's been kind of hot and cold with those rumors. Some days I hear the interest is very strong, other days I don't

Bowe: I know there are people saying it's possible but I myself haven't heard any strong interest

Colston: Matty may recall that I told him 2-3 years ago that we liked Colston a lot and were going after him. But we're going to have to outbid the Saints and Jaguars for him (and Bowe maybe to J'Ville as well), and Allen does not intend to get into bidding wars for them

Royal: Almost a lock...but then again so was Davin Joseph last year

As for the draft, I've only heard of interest in Wright, Criner, and Rainey

And Moss and Armstrong are definitely on the bubble

NYCskinfan82 01-29-2012 11:14 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;879876]VJax: It's been kind of hot and cold with those rumors. Some days I hear the interest is very strong, other days I don't

Bowe: I know there are people saying it's possible but I myself haven't heard any strong interest

Colston: Matty may recall that I told him 2-3 years ago that we liked Colston a lot and were going after him. But we're going to have to outbid the Saints and Jaguars for him (and Bowe maybe to J'Ville as well), and Allen does not intend to get into bidding wars for them

As for the draft, I've only heard of interest in Wright, Criner, and [B]Rainey[/B]

And Moss and Armstrong are definitely on the bubble[/quote]

I would love to see this guy on our tearm, good bye Banks. Rainey put him all over the field has home run speed.

Lotus 01-29-2012 11:41 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;879876]VJax: It's been kind of hot and cold with those rumors. Some days I hear the interest is very strong, other days I don't

As for the draft, I've only heard of interest in [B]Wright, Criner, and Rainey[/B]

And Moss and Armstrong are definitely on the bubble[/quote]

I'd be psyched for any of those guys.

Stuck in TX 01-29-2012 12:17 PM

I want Eddie Royal. I agree that we probably will not get Colston because of the bidding wars but hes the other WR I want. I am so on the fence about FA QBs that I keep going back and forth on FA vs Draft so instead of putting it on my wishlist and looking for it under the tree, I am going to casually mention it to my parents so they will use their best judgement and hope for something awesome in the stocking ;-)

skinsfaninok 01-29-2012 12:23 PM

Eddie royal to me is nothing more than a PRKR, he's had like one good year and that was his rookie year

NYCskinfan82 01-29-2012 12:23 PM

[quote=Stuck in TX;879904]I want Eddie Royal. I agree that we probably will not get Colston because of the bidding wars but hes the other WR I want. I am so on the fence about FA QBs that I keep going back and forth on FA vs Draft so instead of putting it on my wishlist and looking for it under the tree, [B]I am going to casually mention it to my parents so they will use their best judgement and hope for something awesome in the stocking [/B];-)[/quote]

Nicely put :laughing-

Stuck in TX 01-29-2012 12:38 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;879906]Eddie royal to me is nothing more than a PRKR, he's had like one good year and that was his rookie year[/quote]

Some would have said the same thing about Moss when he was in NY. I am by no means saying Royal is our savior at WR.... He just makes the most sense when it comes to signing value vs signing possibility. He would be an upgrade from Moss, would contribute on ST, and would be cheap as we have "home field advantage" in signing him because he is from the area.

GTripp0012 01-29-2012 12:44 PM

If people said that about Moss in New York, they would have been wrong. Eddie Royal's one good season came as a rookie with Shanahan calling the shots.

I don't think that means Shanahan [I]shouldn't[/I] take a flyer on him to see if he's got the same skill set he did in 2008, but chances are he doesn't, and he won't be an improvement over Banks in the return game, and won't give the Redskins a useful receiver in the passing game. Not that it's not worth a shot to see if Royal can surprise, but he's unlikely to provide any help here.

skinsfan69 01-29-2012 12:54 PM

I would say an 100% no to Colston or V. Jackson. How many times have we seen FA wr's go to another team and flame out? Plus Colston will be 29 and he's always got a bum knee. Jackson has had too many DUI's. Too risky. I would go out and get the best guard or right tackle that's out there.

GTripp0012 01-29-2012 12:56 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;879916]I would say an 100% no to Colston or V. Jackson. How many times have we seen FA wr's go to another team and flame out? Plus Colston will be 29 and he's always got a bum knee. Jackson has had too many DUI's. Too risky.[B] I would go out and get the best guard or right tackle that's out there.[/B][/quote]Those are probably both the same guy: Carl Nicks.

He's the best available free agent, until Manning is released.

CapitalDefense 01-29-2012 01:03 PM

1. QB
2. QB
3. WR
4. WR
5. Everything else

skinsfan69 01-29-2012 01:05 PM

[quote=GTripp0012;879918]Those are probably both the same guy: Carl Nicks.

He's the best available free agent, until Manning is released.[/quote]

Not sure Nicks fits the mold of what Shanahan wants in a guard. But I personally wouldn't care and neither should they. He's a serious upgrade over anyone we currently have. Hopefully he's on their list but I doubt it. They already have money tied up in Chester and they like Cory L. But perhaps they could sign Nicks and move Cory L. over to center.

skinsfan69 01-29-2012 01:07 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;879906]Eddie royal to me is nothing more than a PRKR, he's had like one good year and that was his rookie year[/quote]

X2. I see no reason to sign Royal what so ever. Guys like him can easily be found.