Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jim Harbaugh and Toby Gerhart (winning combo) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=33704)

SFREDSKIN 11-28-2009 11:33 PM

Jim Harbaugh and Toby Gerhart (winning combo)

I just can't say enough about this too, I hope Danny has been watching because Jim Harbaugh is a hell of a coach and Gerhart is the second coming of Riggins. Mark my words Jim harbaugh will be the next great coach in the NFL if anyone is smart enough to sign him, I hope the Skins do.

12thMan 11-28-2009 11:35 PM

Re: Jim Harbaugh and Toby Gerhart (winning combo)

Hahaha...I just started a thread in the parking lot. Mods merge.

Trample the Elderly 11-28-2009 11:37 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;631040]I just can't say enough about this too, I hope Danny has been watching because Jim Harbaugh is a hell of a coach and Gerhart is the second coming of Riggins. Mark my words Jim harbaugh will be the next great coach in the NFL if anyone is smart enough to sign him, I hope the Skins do.[/quote]

I was just about to e-mail you. Man your boy is a beast. When he ran over those LBs I thought I was going to knock over the Christmas Tree. My dog is still pissed.

53Fan 11-28-2009 11:37 PM

That was a hell of a game against Notre Dame! Harbaugh is doing well as a HC. Gerhart is big, strong, fast and very competitive.

WaldSkins 11-28-2009 11:38 PM

[quote=Trample the Elderly;631042]I was just about to e-mail you. Man your boy is a beast. When he ran over those LBs I thought I was going to knock over the Christmas Tree. My dog is still pissed.[/quote]

Your Christmas tree is up already?

Trample the Elderly 11-28-2009 11:38 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;631044]Your Christmas tree is up already?[/quote]

Day after Thanksgiving bro, day after Thanksgiving!

12thMan 11-28-2009 11:39 PM

Gerhart should get the Heisman. That dude can run the rock!

SFREDSKIN 11-28-2009 11:41 PM

[quote=12thMan;631046]Gerhart should get the Heisman. That dude can run the rock![/quote]

I'm glad people are starting to believe, how about that TD throw? I know, the tip of the ball hit the turf and was inconclusive.

53Fan 11-28-2009 11:46 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;631048]I'm glad people are starting to believe, how about that TD throw?[B] I know, the tip of the ball hit the turf and was inconclusive[/B].[/quote]

I don't know. On the replay the announcers said he cupped the tip to keep it off the ground. All I know is it was a great playcall. Gerhart's a very talented guy. He's a baseball prospect too. He looks like the real deal to me.

12thMan 11-28-2009 11:51 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;631048]I'm glad people are starting to believe, how about that TD throw? I know, the tip of the ball hit the turf and was inconclusive.[/quote]

The TD throw was a beaut. And the kid is good out in the flat. He's the complete package.

GMScud 11-28-2009 11:53 PM

[quote=53Fan;631051]I don't know. On the replay the announcers said[B] he cupped the tip [/B]to keep it off the ground. All I know is it was a great playcall. Gerhart's a very talented guy. He's a baseball prospect too. He looks like the real deal to me.[/quote]

Don't ever say that again. :)

Since there are two threads, I'll post it again:

Gerhart, Tebow, and McCoy all proved this Turkey Day weekend why they are the three favorites. They'll be the finalists. Too bad there isn't a Pac-10 championship game. That could hurt Gerhart. Tebow and McCoy both get to tee it up one more time before the bowl games begin.

GO GATORS!!!

12thMan 11-28-2009 11:54 PM

GM, Gerhart's gonna win the Heisman bro. Hate to rain on your Gator parade:)

53Fan 11-29-2009 12:15 AM

[quote=GMScud;631053][B]Don't ever say that again.[/B] :)

Since there are two threads, I'll post it again:

Gerhart, Tebow, and McCoy all proved this Turkey Day weekend why they are the three favorites. They'll be the finalists. Too bad there isn't a Pac-10 championship game. That could hurt Gerhart. Tebow and McCoy both get to tee it up one more time before the bowl games begin.

GO GATORS!!![/quote]

:laughing- Bad choice of words. If Gerhart doesn't go in the first, I wouldn't be opposed to taking a long look at him in the second since we need a RB anyway. But we have got to go OT in the first IMO. I don't want him running behind this line. A couple of good o-lineman and Gerhart running would take a lot of pressure off our QB.

GMScud 11-29-2009 12:32 AM

[quote=53Fan;631055]:laughing- Bad choice of words. If Gerhart doesn't go in the first, I wouldn't be opposed to taking a long look at him in the second since we need a RB anyway. But we have got to go OT in the first IMO. I don't want him running behind this line. A couple of good o-lineman and Gerhart running would take a lot of pressure off our QB.[/quote]

I want no part of Gerhart in the 1st round. OL is a far higher priority than any other position. How does he project as a pro? It's a weak RB draft class, so he'll get taken pretty high considering. I just wonder how he'll be in the NFL. He's upright and very tall for a RB, (6-1) and pretty heavy (235). I think he's this year's Lendale White.

SFREDSKIN 11-29-2009 12:40 AM

We need OL with our first 2 picks, I say trade Santana, Andre Carter or Portis for additional picks, we need them.

12thMan 11-29-2009 12:51 AM

[quote=GMScud;631056]I want no part of Gerhart in the 1st round. OL is a far higher priority than any other position. How does he project as a pro? It's a weak RB draft class, so he'll get taken pretty high considering. I just wonder how he'll be in the NFL. He's upright and very tall for a RB, (6-1) and pretty heavy (235). I think he's this year's Lendale White.[/quote]

Man, it would be pretty hard to pass up on Gerhart. I could see him falling in the early second though. Unless you're an Adrian Peterson, which he isn't, it makes no sense to take a running back in the first round nowadays. Still, I think Gerhart has some things Lendale doesn't. He's a bruiser, has better vision than Lendale, and he strikes me as someone with a serious work eithic.

WaldSkins 11-29-2009 12:52 AM

[quote=GMScud;631056]I want no part of Gerhart in the 1st round. OL is a far higher priority than any other position. How does he project as a pro? It's a weak RB draft class, so he'll get taken pretty high considering. I just wonder how he'll be in the NFL. He's upright and very tall for a RB, (6-1) and pretty heavy (235). I think he's this year's Lendale White.[/quote]

I think he projected as a FB.

I would rate Gerhart after Best, Spiller, Dwyer, McKnight, Dixon, Royster, and maybe Armando Allen Jr. Where do you have him?

12thMan 11-29-2009 01:04 AM

[quote=WaldSkins;631059]I think he projected as a FB.

I would rate Gerhart after Best, Spiller, Dwyer, McKnight, Dixon, Royster, and maybe Armando Allen Jr. Where do you have him?[/quote]

You serious? You have all those guys ahead of TG?

Kalisto2010 11-29-2009 01:27 AM

Gerhart reminds me of Kevin Mack. However, Golden Tate deserves the Heisman IMO, he's the best player in College Football. He'll be a top 5 draft pick. It's going to go something like this. Top O-lineman, Clausen, Golden Tate..

Kalisto2010 11-29-2009 01:41 AM

Either I fail miserably as an armchair Football analyst or this 2010 draft projection was written by someone on acid. They have both Gerhart and Golden Tate going in the 5th round..WTF?

[url=http://cfn.scout.com/2/856945.html]Scout.com: 2010 NFL Draft - The Possible 5th Rounders[/url]

53Fan 11-29-2009 01:48 AM

They've got some pretty good players listed for the 5th round. I'd be really surprised to see some of those guys there. If Gerhart is there in the 5th it's a no-brainer.

SBXVII 11-29-2009 02:26 AM

Playing devils advocate....What makes Harbaugh such a great candidate for the NFL ranks? Is he running a pro style of offense now? What coaching tree does he hail from?

I just can't see DS throwing his trust in a college coach that has not proven himself in the NFL again. I think Spurrier burned that bridge for him.

Bucket 11-29-2009 02:33 AM

I tell you what. This guy s a bruiser who will take the rock 30 times a game, and that is what we are missing.

If TG drops to 3rd round, I say you take him then but we need OL bad and taking anything but OL in the 1st-2nd round is a mistake.

Dirtbag59 11-29-2009 02:54 AM

[quote=SBXVII;631067]Playing devils advocate....What makes Harbaugh such a great candidate for the NFL ranks? Is he running a pro style of offense now? What coaching tree does he hail from?

I just can't see DS throwing his trust in a college coach that has not proven himself in the NFL again. I think Spurrier burned that bridge for him.[/quote]

I wouldn't say Spurrier burned the bridge, instead he just doused it with gasoline. Saban and Petrino lit the match.

I'm starting to believe that you're either one or the other no matter what the sport. For example we've seen NFL guys go to college coaching jobs and fail miserably as well as college coaches trying to make it in the professional ranks. Basketball also seems to follow a very similar trend. In the end the two games are very different despite being the same.

Also, for the past month or two I was warming up to the idea of selecting Clausen but my concerns about him being a character risk seem to be valid. Not only was he arrested his freshmen year for trying to buy alcohol underage, but now it's revealed that he got a black eye in a bar fight after seemingly pushing a heckler. Not saying that the fan didn't deserve it if not more, but this isn't hockey. In the NFL a stunt like that could easily result in a four game suspension.

At the very least he's guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and on that note he doesn't seem to be mature enough to be anointed as the savior of an NFL franchise, nevermind the Redskins which is surprising given the fact that his two brothers at least have some experience at the NFL level. Plus even though he's talented I wouldn't say I've seen anything to suggest that he's going to be Peyton Manning.

skins89moss 11-29-2009 07:58 AM

Toby Gerhart is a physcal runner but not sure about his 40 time. He appears to have good hands and quick feet for a big back kinda like Stephen Davis. Combine will have alot to do where he goes in the draft but we can not afford to take a RB in the 1st or 2nd round. We have bigger needs at the O-Line postion and Linebacker spot to replace London or Orakpo to move him to DE spot. Orkpo is a libility in pass coverage.

SmootSmack 11-29-2009 10:55 AM

Jim Harbaugh has been building his resume up for several years now. He's not a flash in the pan, for those who might think he is. Still, all I've heard is he'd like to maybe try the NFL one day but first he's most likely to go to a big time college program. But you never know I guess what will happen

RedskinMike 11-29-2009 11:28 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;631089]Jim Harbaugh has been building his resume up for several years now. He's not a flash in the pan, for those who might think he is. Still, all I've heard is he'd like to maybe try the NFL one day but first he's most likely to go to a big time college program. But you never know I guess what will happen[/quote]

He did interview for the Jets job last year.

SmootSmack 11-29-2009 11:54 AM

[quote=RedskinMike;631093]He did interview for the Jets job last year.[/quote]

Yeah I mean he says he's re-signing with Stanford but as far as I know it hasn't happened yet. But as for the NFL, if say Holmgren takes over in Seattle I can see him canning Mora Jr. and going after Harbaugh

WaldSkins 11-29-2009 12:34 PM

[quote=12thMan;631060]You serious? You have all those guys ahead of TG?[/quote]

It was a poor thought joke. The only ones i would put above Gerhart are Best, Spiller, McKnight, and maybe McCluster from ole miss.

SFREDSKIN 11-29-2009 02:51 PM

[quote=SBXVII;631067]Playing devils advocate....What makes Harbaugh such a great candidate for the NFL ranks? Is he running a pro style of offense now? What coaching tree does he hail from?

I just can't see DS throwing his trust in a college coach that has not proven himself in the NFL again. I think Spurrier burned that bridge for him.[/quote]

Let's see, he played as QB in the NFL for many years (captain comeback) his father was a coach at Western Kentucky (I think he learned something from his old man) broher is a pretty good coach with the Ravens. Oh yeah, he has beaten 2 top 10 ranked teams one at their home. Trust me I've watched this guy, he's smart, enthusiastic and doesn't take any crap. I think someone in the NFL will take a chance on him and believe me, whoever it is will be very happy. By the way, he's no Spurrier (most over rated college coach ever)

GMScud 11-29-2009 03:03 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;631059]I think he projected as a FB.

I would rate Gerhart after Best, Spiller, Dwyer, McKnight, Dixon, Royster, and maybe Armando Allen Jr. Where do you have him?[/quote]

Well, I don't "have him" anywhere because I don't really compile my own pre-draft position rankings. However I would agree with your list. I'd rather have any of the guys you mentioned over Gerhart. I'm not sold on him at all.

Trample the Elderly 11-29-2009 05:52 PM

[quote=GMScud;631505]Well, I don't "have him" anywhere because I don't really compile my own pre-draft position rankings. However I would agree with your list. I'd rather have any of the guys you mentioned over Gerhart. I'm not sold on him at all.[/quote]

Nuts

WaldSkins 11-29-2009 06:19 PM

[quote=GMScud;631505]Well, I don't "have him" anywhere because I don't really compile my own pre-draft position rankings. However I would agree with your list. I'd rather have any of the guys you mentioned over Gerhart. I'm not sold on him at all.[/quote]

Id love to get McCluser from Ole Miss, he reminds me of Chris Johnson from the Titans. A draft of Okung, Clausen, McCluster would be a dream come true

GMScud 11-29-2009 07:29 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;631894]Id love to get McCluser from Ole Miss, he reminds me of Chris Johnson from the Titans. A draft of Okung, Clausen, McCluster would be a dream come true[/quote]

I like McCluster too, but he's 5-9 170. Chris Johnson is 200lbs. McCluster can flat out fly though.

SFREDSKIN 11-29-2009 09:10 PM

[quote=GMScud;631505] I'd rather have any of the guys you mentioned over Gerhart. I'm not sold on him at all.[/quote]

I suggest you watch him play, you know why Gerhart will be successful in the NFL? First off he's got heart, the guy gives it his all till he drops, second he's smart and third he's as tough as they come.

SmootSmack 11-29-2009 09:17 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;632020]I suggest you watch him play, you know why Gerhart will be successful in the NFL? First off he's got heart, the guy gives it his all till he drops, second he's smart and third he's as tough as they come.[/quote]

So he's Rock Cartwright?

GTripp0012 11-29-2009 09:22 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;631894]Id love to get McCluser from Ole Miss, he reminds me of Chris Johnson from the Titans. A draft of Okung, Clausen, McCluster would be a dream come true[/quote]Clausen would need a way better situation than we could offer him to be successful. So much of his success at Notre Dame was throwing jump balls into obvious mismatches.

Clausen is virtually certain to be one of the first two QBs taken, and I have to imagine he'll go to a team that can offer him more help than we can.

It's really all Bradford, McCoy, and Tebow in the first round (Tebow though is going between the 23rd and 32nd pick, so he probably shouldn't concern us), and then in the second, I'd look at Pike or Lefeveour.

GridIron26 11-29-2009 09:25 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;632024]So he's Rock Cartwright?[/quote]

Might as well replace Cartwright, since he's kinda getting old - 30 years old I believe.. It would not hurt us, after watching him for a little bit, he looks like he can play as FB.. He's just simply too strong; granted it's in college but I'm sure after he bulks up more after he gets in NFL, he should grow from there.. We always can put him as FB if he doesn't work out as RB.. Don't forget, Sellers's getting long in tooth, as well.. If this pans out, then Gerhart would replace two players when they both are gone..

SmootSmack 11-29-2009 09:25 PM

No Locker in the first two rounds? What about Robinson?

I'd still keep an eye on Skelton and Randolph out of the Patriot League

tryfuhl 11-29-2009 09:41 PM

[quote=Kalisto2010;631063]Either I fail miserably as an armchair Football analyst or this 2010 draft projection was written by someone on acid. They have both Gerhart and Golden Tate going in the 5th round..WTF?

[URL="http://cfn.scout.com/2/856945.html"]Scout.com: 2010 NFL Draft - The Possible 5th Rounders[/URL][/quote]
It was written back in august.