Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If Nothing Changes Come Draft Day, Who Would You Draft (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=28024)

RMSkins 01-22-2009 02:32 PM

Re: If Nothing Changes Come Draft Day, Who Would You Draft

Obviously, this will change depending on FA and Cuts but if the draft were to be held tomorrow here's what I would like to see:

1st Round: OT Michael Oher Ole Miss

3rd Round: OLB Tyrone McKenzie USF

5th Round: DT Vance Walker GT

6th Round: OG Ray Feinga BYU

Meks 01-22-2009 02:34 PM

seriously, get Florida States Kicker please.

RMSkins 01-22-2009 03:07 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;522182]1st Alex Mack (he would change the OL woes overnight, yep a C on the 1st, just ask Jahvid Best how he got 1580 yards rushing))
3rd Zack Follett (the man is a playmaker)
5th DE
6th LB or DT (best available player)[/quote]
Sounds like someone is a CAL Bears fan. I like Mack but he would be a HUGE reach at #13 considering he's projected as a fringe 1st rounder. Follett would also be a pretty big reach in the 3rd as he's projected as a 4th or 5th rounder.

GTripp0012 01-22-2009 03:30 PM

Jason Smith at No. 13.

EARTHQUAKE2689 01-22-2009 03:49 PM

DE Brian Okapo in the 1st
G Herman Johnson in the 3rd

WaldSkins 01-22-2009 03:55 PM

1st. Michael Oher
3rd. Antoine Caldwell if he's there, if not Follet
5th. Deion Butler from PSU( he would be our new slot receiver when we eventually cut El)
6th. Kicker from FSU.

Bonus Pick: I think we trade something from next years picks to move into the second round to select Alex Mack.

Whiteboi_J 01-22-2009 04:02 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;522235]DE Brian Okapo in the 1st
G Herman Johnson in the 3rd[/quote]

Orakapo is garbage, he has 1st round bust written [B]ALL[/B] over him

Also if Oher drops to us, there is probably a reason, so I might pass on him

I would say draft a project/gamble WR in 6th, moss and randel el aren't goin' anywhere, and we got kelly and thomas

1. Either one of the top 4 OTs or BJ Raji or Everette Brown

3. Best interior lineman, preferably center.

5. OLB Fowlett if he's there, if not, then best available OL

6. Best available OL, DB, or WR

don't bash on me for the WR, think of a Marques Colston...just another big WR from a smaller school, give him a chance cause we still don't know if either Thomas or Kelly will become anything, but my money is on Kelly, he seems like the light bulb turned on at the bye week, sayin' this ain't no joke and u really gonna have to work

MiraclesHappen07 01-22-2009 04:39 PM

Hmmm here who i would like to see in skins uni

1st Round: BJ Raji-DL-Bc-Dude has a highmotor, from seeing some vids of him he has good strength and leveragge

3rd Round: Larry English-DL-NIU-a 254 pounder who can be an De or an OLB in outside rushing schemes, BUt what impresses me the most of this guy is his quickness of the edge, and the leverage he uses to get the Qb, also i heard he looks a lot like Demarcous Ware

5th Round: Andre Caldwell(if he still around) C/G-Albama-like him cuz he is big and powerful and has the capability to switch between Center and Leftguard

6th Round: dont know yet, lol

EARTHQUAKE2689 01-22-2009 05:02 PM

[quote=Whiteboi_J;522246][B]Orakapo is garbage, he has 1st round bust written ALL over him[/B]

I would say draft a project/gamble WR in 6th, moss and randel el aren't goin' anywhere, and we got kelly and thomas

don't bash on me for the WR, think of a Marques Colston...just another big WR from a smaller school, give him a chance cause we still don't know if either Thomas or Kelly will become anything, but my money is on Kelly, he seems like the light bulb turned on at the bye week, sayin' this ain't no joke and u really gonna have to work[/quote]

Thats ur opinion i guess

WaldSkins 01-22-2009 05:19 PM

[quote=Whiteboi_J;522246][B]Orakapo is garbage, he has 1st round bust written [B]ALL[/B] over him
[/B]

don't bash on me for the WR, think of a Marques Colston...just another big WR from a smaller school, give him a chance cause we still don't know if either Thomas or Kelly will become anything, but my money is on Kelly, he seems like the light bulb turned on at the bye week, sayin' this ain't no joke and u really gonna have to work[/quote]

Explain why you think he is going to be a bust??

freddyg12 01-22-2009 05:28 PM

[quote=Whiteboi_J;522246]Orakapo is garbage, he has 1st round bust written [B]ALL[/B] over him

What he said. I watched Oher's last game, the bowl game v. T. Tech. He is good but got beat on a couple plays where it looked like he was just slow to get off the ball. Scouting report is that he's inconsistent, has lapses of concentration. Definitely not a high prob. pick at 13.

Everette Brown is a dude that intrigues me a lot. Ideally I'd rather see an OT as they're less bust potential, but Brown is a smart guy & great athlete. He's coming out early & already has his degree. He sounds like a guy that is ready to work & respects the game enough to know he has to.

If we go DE w/the 13th pick, I say Everette Brown out of that terrible seminole school.

GTripp0012 01-22-2009 05:46 PM

Brian Orakpo = Andre Carter - 7 years age and experience

So, well worth a first round pick.

Ruhskins 01-22-2009 06:34 PM

I said this in another thread, but Oher, Cushing, and Mack appeared late in the first round in Mel Kiper's latest mock draft. Does anybody know what their projections are in other mock drafts? If they are being projected late in the first round, we should consider trading down (I know that's not what the thread asked).

Whiteboi_J 01-22-2009 06:47 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;522303]Explain why you think he is going to be a bust??[/quote]

All he had to do at Texas was bull rush straight up the field and get to the QB....no gap control what so ever. Plus the bull rush don't work every play, especially against elite OTs in the nfl, he's a 1 trick pony that's worth a 2nd round pick to groom...he is not a guy that has a chance at having an impact as a rookie, which is wat the skins need.

but like it was said, that is jus my opinion.

Whiteboi_J 01-22-2009 06:49 PM

plus u see any of the UT/OSU bowl game? Orakpo got COMPLETELY shut down against a mediocre OSU OL