Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What kind of production does Doctson need in 2019 to stay with on them team ? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64386)

los panda 06-14-2019 03:26 AM

Re: What kind of production does Doctson need in 2019 to stay with on them team ?

[quote=punch it in;1224706]Great examples regardless. My gut tells me he is an absolute bust but yeah guys like you referenced give me hope that he can get on track. Sooner the damn better too...[/quote]

He's definitely a bust.

Maybe he sticks around the league for a decade like former 1st rd pick DHB, but he's not a #1.

In the past 5 seasons, Heyward-Bey has had double digit receptions once. I guess he brings the heat on special teams? #hellinashell

MTK 06-14-2019 07:52 AM

Re: What kind of production does Doctson need in 2019 to stay with on them team ?

[quote=REDSKINS4ever;1224658]How does one great year and three below average years earn him a second contract ?...you have to look at his entire body of work.[/quote]

Because that's the way the NFL works. If he busts out this year he's going to get paid.

KI Skins Fan 06-14-2019 08:37 AM

[quote=MTK;1224717]Because that's the way the NFL works. If he busts out this year he's going to get paid.[/quote]

True but not by us. Personally, I can't stand him as a player because he's s-o-o-o soft.

MTK 06-14-2019 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=KI Skins Fan;1224718]True but not by us. Personally, I can't stand him as a player because he's s-o-o-o soft.[/QUOTE]

Totally hypothetical... he goes off for 90 catches, 1200 yards and 10 TD’s. He basically becomes a baller. Why the hell wouldn’t we try to re-sign him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punch it in 06-14-2019 12:25 PM

[QUOTE=MTK;1224724]Totally hypothetical... he goes off for 90 catches, 1200 yards and 10 TD’s. He basically becomes a baller. Why the hell wouldn’t we try to re-sign him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

What about 89, 1199, and 9?

MTK 06-14-2019 12:48 PM

[QUOTE=punch it in;1224730]What about 89, 1199, and 9?[/QUOTE]

Not a baller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KI Skins Fan 06-14-2019 01:18 PM

[quote=MTK;1224724]Totally hypothetical... he goes off for 90 catches, 1200 yards and 10 TD’s. He basically becomes a baller. Why the hell wouldn’t we try to re-sign him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I misspoke. I should have said "Never. Gonna. Happen.".

los panda 06-14-2019 02:11 PM

[quote=MTK;1224731]Not a baller

lol remember when someone here called Keenum a baller when he was still on the Rams?

mooby 06-14-2019 11:04 PM

[quote=MTK;1224724]Totally hypothetical... he goes off for 90 catches, 1200 yards and 10 TD’s. He basically becomes a baller. Why the hell wouldn’t we try to re-sign him?

Totally hypothetically we would.

But this ain't hypothetical. I'm not sure of much but I am damn sure Doctson doesn't deserve more than a super team friendly contract because he isn't worth a shit.

If I had to guess the most predictable pattern for this year it's this: He starts decent, and for some reason his playing times slowly decreases week by week until we all wonder why Gruden put him in the doghouse. Then P.Rich gets hurt and we're forced to give him more PT. At the end of the year they make a "we're obligated to offer you this" league min. offer which he politely declines and goes to FA.

Buffalo Bob 06-15-2019 07:15 AM

The guy is soft, do not want.

calia 06-16-2019 09:31 PM

He needs to show a lot early, or else McLovin' is going to take his spot opposite PRich. I could see that happening anyway. I think Gruden is hoping someone rises up and earns that starting spot. Aren't we all?

mooby 06-16-2019 10:17 PM

[quote=calia;1224781]He needs to show a lot early, or else McLovin' is going to take his spot opposite PRich. I could see that happening anyway. I think Gruden is hoping someone rises up and earns that starting spot. Aren't we all?[/quote]

If the early offseason reviews are to believed Cam Sims might be making a good impression.

Honestly I'd rather Cam Sims take away Doctson's starting job than a rookie. I know it's only Sims 2nd year but I feel like most young receivers need experience before they really learn how to master the position. McLaurin just needs to keep working, he will be fine in due time.

calia 06-17-2019 12:02 AM

[quote=mooby;1224782]If the early offseason reviews are to believed Cam Sims might be making a good impression.

Honestly I'd rather Cam Sims take away Doctson's starting job than a rookie. I know it's only Sims 2nd year but I feel like most young receivers need experience before they really learn how to master the position. McLaurin just needs to keep working, he will be fine in due time.[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, I like Sims a lot, but he's basically in the same position as McLaurin having lost his rookie year (although able to study the game while laid up). My guess is that our WRs will be PRich, McLaurin, Sims, Quinn, Harmon, and Doctson, and other that PRich, it's likely up for grabs as to who plays. Would love to see a jumbo WR package of Sims and Harmon for jump balls -- that would be hard to defend.

punch it in 06-19-2019 07:57 PM

Re: What kind of production does Doctson need in 2019 to stay on them team ?

I have absolutely huge hopes for Sims.

punch it in 06-19-2019 08:00 PM

[QUOTE=los panda;1224712]He's definitely a bust.

Maybe he sticks around the league for a decade like former 1st rd pick DHB, but he's not a #1.

In the past 5 seasons, Heyward-Bey has had double digit receptions once. I guess he brings the heat on special teams? #hellinashell[/QUOTE]

Damn. What happened to McCardell? You had me believing. [emoji22]