Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Predict the 2013 53 Man Opening Day Roster (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=53171)

warriorzpath 08-27-2013 11:13 PM

Re: Predict the 2013 53 Man Opening Day Roster

[quote=Mattyk;1020848]I don't think we have the luxury of letting a guy like Wilson go.[/quote]

Just making a prediction. Got a feeling that they might feel better with Biggers or Amerson starting on the outside. And maybe they don't cut him outright, but place him on pup. Because right now he's physically not right and its obvious. You can't even trust him in the slot because of the athletic, quick receivers that he'd probably face there, like Cruz. Here's the thing- keeping a veteran that can play well gives you a sense of security, but Wilson didn't even play well enough last season to trust him- let alone him trying to come back from an injury to overcome. And this is just get him to the level of where he was last season, which wasn't good enough. If he doesn't play well against the Bucs then I say they at least put him on pup and go with Amerson or Biggers. Then possibly pick up another corner on the waiver list. And like I said - just a prediction, but if he balls out in this last preseason game, then that makes this discussion irrelevant and it would make everyone happy. Including me.

Lotus 08-27-2013 11:16 PM

[quote=Mattyk;1020853]Here's the gameplan for the offense with White: slant, read option, slant, read option.[/quote]

Now now, that's not fair. He can throw a dig. :)

MTK 08-28-2013 09:00 AM

[quote=warriorzpath;1020864]Just making a prediction. Got a feeling that they might feel better with Biggers or Amerson starting on the outside. And maybe they don't cut him outright, but place him on pup. Because right now he's physically not right and its obvious. You can't even trust him in the slot because of the athletic, quick receivers that he'd probably face there, like Cruz. Here's the thing- keeping a veteran that can play well gives you a sense of security, but Wilson didn't even play well enough last season to trust him- let alone him trying to come back from an injury to overcome. And this is just get him to the level of where he was last season, which wasn't good enough. If he doesn't play well against the Bucs then I say they at least put him on pup and go with Amerson or Biggers. Then possibly pick up another corner on the waiver list. And like I said - just a prediction, but if he balls out in this last preseason game, then that makes this discussion irrelevant and it would make everyone happy. Including me.[/quote]

He can't go on PUP at this point.

warriorzpath 08-28-2013 11:15 AM

[quote=Mattyk;1020887]He can't go on PUP at this point.[/quote]

Then I'll make a bold prediction that he'll be cut IF Wilson [B]doesn't[/B] play well.

JoeRedskin 08-28-2013 11:36 AM

[quote=warriorzpath;1020936]Then I'll make a bold prediction that he'll be cut IF Wilson play well.[/quote]

You have me confused ... Your bold prediction is that Wilson will be cut "IF Wilson play well"?

Are you saying (1)If Wilson plays poorly, he WON't be cut; or (2) If Wilson plays well, it is bold to predict his termination?

SirLK26 08-28-2013 11:59 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;1020854]I hope he does great against Tampa and the jets or bills come to us and say here's a draft pick.[/quote]

That would be sweet. Even a future late rounder; at least we'd get something out of him, besides, of course, all the meaningful and heartwarming Grossman vs. White discussions. :)