Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trade Deadline (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64902)

calia 10-23-2021 11:21 AM

Trade Deadline

Is Nov 2. So do we trade - and if so, which direction and who? Would love to see some secondary help - Marcus Maye or Xavien Howard - both players are rumored to be possibilities to change teams. Some LB help would be great too.

Not sure if the Martys would do this after feeling they invested in both positions with Jackson and Davis, respectively. But they should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chico23231 10-23-2021 04:36 PM

Re: Trade Deadline

I’d be looking to move Fuller or Collins

SFREDSKIN 10-23-2021 05:21 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1296968]I’d be looking to move Fuller or Collins[/quote]

Believe or not St. Juste, Curl and Fuller have been our better CB, the rest all suck!! At least Fuller makes some plays, Jackson, Collins, McCain get burned constantly and Don’t do shit.

sdskinsfan2001 10-23-2021 06:09 PM

Juste and Curl are keepers. Not tradeable unless the offer clearly benefits us.

GridIron26 10-23-2021 06:51 PM

I would try to see if anyone wants to trade for Scherff.

sdskinsfan2001 10-23-2021 07:06 PM

[quote=GridIron26;1296974]I would try to see if anyone wants to trade for Scherff.[/quote]

Agree. I'd take a 5th for him now (and they pay his remaining contract this year in full). We don't have a 5th, I want one.

Scherff isn't carrying us to the playoffs.

FrenchSkin 10-23-2021 07:57 PM

One week ago I would have been 100% positive Ron wouldn't do any trade... But after Hopkins' cut there's a [I]slight chance[/I] he wants to send another message and look like he's making some changes.

MTK 10-25-2021 09:42 AM

Definitely Scherff.

I don't think Ron will make a move though as he won't want to give off the vibe that he's giving up on the season.

mredskins 10-25-2021 10:04 AM

If we are trading we should be sellers not buyers.

there is no imaginable trade out there that will fix this team. IF we can grab some draft picks for some of our better players great.

Scherff be great trade bait.

mooby 10-25-2021 10:08 AM

[quote=mredskins;1297390]If we are trading we should be sellers not buyers.

there is no imaginable trade out there that will fix this team. IF we can grab some draft picks for some of our better players great.

Scherff be great trade bait.[/quote]

O-line usually get paid in FA - esp. quality players with All-Pro's and Pro Bowls on their resume.

Unless it was a 4th or higher I would keep Scherff as you might be able to get a 3rd/4th comp pick for him in FA.

Redskins247 10-25-2021 10:10 AM

Only trade I'd be interested in is Watson...but I'm sure we'd be a hard NO from him. Other than that, I'm listening to anyone who wants any of my players...other than Terry.

AnonEmouse 10-25-2021 10:29 AM

Trade in a heartbeat:
Collins
Bostic (lucky if we were offered a battered pickup in exchange)

Trade only if the right offer was on the table:
Scherff
Fuller
Flowers
Matty I

The rest are either keepers or I'd be surprised if anyone showed interest. I mean, I'd take that pickup for Apke, if only for the scrap value.

GridIron26 10-25-2021 11:02 AM

[quote=mooby;1297391]O-line usually get paid in FA - esp. quality players with All-Pro's and Pro Bowls on their resume.

Unless it was a 4th or higher I would keep Scherff as you might be able to get a 3rd/4th comp pick for him in FA.[/quote]

This is good strategy only if we don't plan on signing FA players with big contracts.. Given our weakness in our defense, we better sign a LB starter and possibly a safety.

mooby 10-25-2021 11:06 AM

[quote=GridIron26;1297411]This is good strategy only if we don't plan on signing FA players with big contracts.. Given our weakness in our defense, we better sign a LB starter and possibly a safety.[/quote]

Big contracts don't always equal big production.

I'd like to use Landon Collins as the most recent example.

If they could find a quality player who's been stuck on a crowded depth chart for another team for the last 4 years and sign him to a quality team deal I would be all for that. But paying for the top dog? Pass.

Stacks42 10-25-2021 04:25 PM

Welp... Gas up WFT One and sign <insert overpriced QB name>

[URL="https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/ryan-fitzpatricks-return-washington-may-be-far-away-if-it-happens-all"]https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/ryan-fitzpatricks-return-washington-may-be-far-away-if-it-happens-all[/URL]