Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Sign Grossman (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35712)

Player_HTTR 03-17-2010 10:27 AM

Re: Redskins Sign Grossman

[quote=Mattyk;675133]Good backup move, not sure it tips our hand on anything really. We needed a veteran backup and he knows the system.[/quote]

This is all I think this is. Shanny can't want this guy to see the field this season and JC isn't as valuable as we need him to be to trade him unless we package in someone else. The FO has shown to be more conservative than in the past so I don't see us doing anything too crazy to land a QB.

johno 03-17-2010 10:29 AM

good move, two reasons.
1. grossman is younger than collins and equally if not more talented.
2. grossman already knows the system we are about to install.

Kope 03-17-2010 10:31 AM

I think this is the competition the skins are bringing in for Campbell; we are going to address OL w/ #4

that is the way I read it anyhow :)

SBXVII 03-17-2010 10:31 AM

[quote=SolidSnake84;675128]I would say this move signifies that they will draft a QB, because now they have a veteran backup who could run the offense until the rookie is ready to start playing....[/quote]

I'm still standing by my feelings that we are going to make a trade with the Rams for either their #1 spot or letting them pick Bradford at #1 and us picking whoever they want at #4 and giving them both JC and the #4 draft pick for Bradford. Just my gut feeling.

Monkeydad 03-17-2010 10:31 AM

[quote=luvthemskins1975;675134]I think it is a good move to sign a QB that know the system. I really don't see Grossman as a starter! I think JC will get traded now. I have mixed emotions.:confused:[/quote]

Someone will have to give us a 1st-round pick.

I doubt it will happen.

From what we've heard, Shanahan likes Brennan. I wonder if this settles our QB position with JC, Rex and Colt...letting us really concentrate on the O-line in the draft. We can look at getting Jake Locker next year if JC fails behind a good line, which I don't see happening.

If we don't upgrade the O-line, we'll be worse off with a rookie QB and bad line than with Campbell and a good line.

Gmanc711 03-17-2010 10:32 AM

I dont think its a bad move at all.. its not like he's gonna play unless our season is totally f'ed anyways..

Monkeydad 03-17-2010 10:33 AM

[quote=SBXVII;675141]I'm still standing by my feelings that we are going to make a trade with the Rams for either their #1 spot or letting them pick Bradford at #1 and us picking whoever they want at #4 and giving them both JC and the #4 draft pick for Bradford. Just my gut feeling.[/quote]

HORRIBLE TRADE FOR US!

Great deal for the Rams if they could pull off that highway robbery. This sounds like something Vinny would do.

ronnieo 03-17-2010 10:33 AM

[quote=luvthemskins1975;675134]I think it is a good move to sign a QB that know the system. I really don't see Grossman as a starter! I think JC will get traded now. I have mixed emotions.:confused:[/quote]

Jason will not get traded and no one will be willing to give up a first round pic for him. The signing of Rex is a clear sign the we will draft an offensive tackle (Okung) with the first pic maybe even trading up and gaining a pic and still getting our tackle. We need to solidify the offensive line first and foremost. Jason is not going anywhere.........

Monkeydad 03-17-2010 10:33 AM

[quote=Gmanc711;675143]I dont think its a bad move at all.. its not like he's gonna play unless our season is totally f'ed anyways..[/quote]

If he DOES, he knows Kyle Shanahan's system and likely Mike Shanahan's too. The fact that it is a 1-year deal makes me think we're going to build up the line this year and if we need a QB after doing that...next year we will get one in the draft.

celts32 03-17-2010 10:35 AM

I am going to switch my user to Sexyrexi and try and sell it to Smoot.

BigHairedAristocrat 03-17-2010 10:36 AM

[quote=ronnieo;675146]Jason will not get traded and no one will be willing to give up a first round pic for him. [B]The signing of Rex is a clear sign the we will draft an offensive tackle (Okung) with the first pic maybe even trading up and gaining a pic and still getting our tackle. [/B]We need to solidify the offensive line first and foremost. Jason is not going anywhere.........[/quote]

how could we trade up and receive another pick? i'm confused. also, how is this a clear sign we will get a tackle?

Lotus 03-17-2010 10:37 AM

^ Which is good since backup qb's play all of the time due to injuries to starters.

Never thought I'd be rooting for Grossman, though.

MTK 03-17-2010 10:38 AM

I don't know how signing a backup QB is a clear sign of anything... but I'm glad some of you have such clear cystal balls working for you. :)

BigHairedAristocrat 03-17-2010 10:38 AM

[quote=SBXVII;675141]I'm still standing by my feelings that we are going to make a trade with the Rams for either their #1 spot or letting them pick Bradford at #1 and us picking whoever they want at #4 and giving them both JC and the #4 draft pick for Bradford. Just my gut feeling.[/quote]

i dont think that would necessarily be a bad deal for us - IF Shanahan is confident that Campbell can't get it done here. In that case, Campbell has no value here anyways.

Larry Michael is Satan 03-17-2010 10:45 AM

If I was a coach bringing a new system to a team, I'd sign at least one veteran player at every position who knows the system really well, for teaching/learning purposes.