Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cousins Value Skyrockets,Jets Fans Want Him!! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=50894)

Dirtbag59 12-21-2012 10:38 PM

Re: Cousins Value Skyrockets,Jets Fans Want Him!!

[quote=skinsfaninok;978696]Sorry but I don't want to trade kc this offseason but hey if they offer a 2nd I guess we have to[/quote]

Until RG3 makes a full evolution to being a pocket passer and better QB's enter the league I'm very hesitant to give up Cousins. Now granted I pointed out before that we're already seeing the evolution of RG3 towards pocket passer as illustrated again by the following stats.

First 6 games: 7 TD Passes 6 Rushing TD's
Last 7 Games: 13 TD Passes, 0 Rushing TD's.

However he's still using his feet enough to scare the life out of us no less then 3 or 4 times a game. And obviously he's been injured since Baltimore due to a freak accident on a scramble.

Either way the upcoming shortage of passers coming into the league is very worrisome. Both in 2013 and 2014.

Sure it's great for pumping up Cousins value but until RG3 shows he can stay healthy for long stretches we need him more then a 2nd and or 3rd round pick. I can live without another Jenkins and LeRibeus though I wouldn't object to more players like them.

skinsnut 12-22-2012 10:20 AM

This is great....I can't remember the last time anyone was discussing trading for ANY Redskin player within the last 10 years. Can you?

Keep Cousins...I like other fans being Jealous of our players!

CultBrennan59 12-22-2012 10:21 AM

[url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000114460/article/kyle-shanahankirk-cousins-package-could-entice-many-teams]Kyle Shanahan-Kirk Cousins package could entice many teams - NFL.com[/url]

skinsfan69 12-22-2012 10:53 AM

[quote=Dirtbag59;978708]Until RG3 makes a full evolution to being a pocket passer and better QB's enter the league I'm very hesitant to give up Cousins. Now granted I pointed out before that we're already seeing the evolution of RG3 towards pocket passer as illustrated again by the following stats.

First 6 games: 7 TD Passes 6 Rushing TD's
Last 7 Games: 13 TD Passes, 0 Rushing TD's.

However he's still using his feet enough to scare the life out of us no less then 3 or 4 times a game. And obviously he's been injured since Baltimore due to a freak accident on a scramble.

Either way the upcoming shortage of passers coming into the league is very worrisome. Both in 2013 and 2014.

Sure it's great for pumping up Cousins value but until RG3 shows he can stay healthy for long stretches we need him more then a 2nd and or 3rd round pick. I can live without another Jenkins and LeRibeus though I wouldn't object to more players like them.[/quote]

Very good post. What's the old saying? The 2nd most important position on the team is back up QB. It's a good feeling to now know that we have two young guys that have shown that they can play the position at a high level. We need Cousins and hopefully he stays around for a few more years.

skinsfan69 12-22-2012 10:58 AM

[quote=donofriose;978199]Rex Ryan is a good defensive coordinator, I do not believe he is a good head coach.[/quote]

Would you have said that after his first two seasons? Nope. Rex can coach. They simply don't have any players on offense. Plus they're missing Revis.

mbedner3420 12-22-2012 11:08 AM

[quote=CultBrennan59;978745][url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000114460/article/kyle-shanahankirk-cousins-package-could-entice-many-teams]Kyle Shanahan-Kirk Cousins package could entice many teams - NFL.com[/url][/quote]

Alright, it's time to re-up on Kyle before all this speculation turns into true interest...

skinsfaninok 12-22-2012 11:13 AM

Y would anyone leave RG3

CultBrennan59 12-22-2012 11:34 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;978749]Y would anyone leave RG3[/quote]

Yep. Exactly. No need to leave the leagues new star. Only QBs I would think of that are comparabile would be Luck, Brees (should Payton leave) and Wilson, because Aaron Rodgers, Brady, and Manning. But all those guys are good with their HC's and won't get them fired anytime soon.

Gtothearry 12-22-2012 11:38 AM

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;978749]Y would anyone leave RG3[/QUOTE]

I'd ride it out with the Skins because Shanny Sr. will only be here another 3-5 years max. The pluses to stay will prob be to great to run into a bad situation somewhere else.

SBXVII 12-22-2012 12:46 PM

Totally agree with Cousins value having gone up. What we should do is trade RG3 now that he's proven he can play for more 1st round picks then we gave up and start Cousins next year.

Gary84Clark 12-22-2012 01:54 PM

[quote=SBXVII;978758]Totally agree with Cousins value having gone up. What we should do is trade RG3 now that he's proven he can play for more 1st round picks then we gave up and start Cousins next year.[/quote]

Amazing, one start for Cousins and now it's trade RG3?

Gtothearry 12-22-2012 02:29 PM

I'm sure he was saying that with MUCHO SARCASM.

Skins4L 12-22-2012 08:44 PM

did you just say trade RG? lol

Skins4L 12-22-2012 08:45 PM

[quote=Gtothearry;978776]I'm sure he was saying that with MUCHO SARCASM.[/quote]

haha im sure your right...

RedskinRat 01-04-2013 02:09 PM

Would it be possible (actually I mean 'likely'), does anyone think, that we could trade Kirk Cousins for potential high pick S Eric Reid out of LSU?

Too heavy on the wishful thinking?