Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the NFL Week 13 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=45426)

SmootSmack 11-29-2011 08:19 AM

Around the NFL Week 13

Getting an early start this week because there are a couple of interesting notes this morning

Chiefs let Jared Gaither go

Jags fire Jack Del Rio

JoeRedskin 11-29-2011 08:50 AM

Re: Around the NFL Week 13

I doubt we will, but I would at least bring Gaither in for a look.

As for Del Rio, the writing was on the wall when he cut his starting QB two(?) days before the season opener. He land somewhere as a D Coordinator - as I recall, he was decent at that.

Giantone 11-29-2011 09:02 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;863868]Getting an early start this week because there are a couple of interesting notes this morning

Chiefs let Jared Gaither go

Jags fire Jack Del Rio[/quote]

.....you forgot to mention that the Giants fired their whole defense last night ....before the game started.:Flush:

SBXVII 11-29-2011 09:13 AM

[quote=Giantone;863875].....you forgot to mention that the Giants fired their whole defense last night ....before the game started.:Flush:[/quote]

Let it go. It will make you much happier. lol.

skinsfan69 11-29-2011 09:27 AM

[quote=Giantone;863875].....you forgot to mention that the Giants fired their whole defense last night ....before the game started.:Flush:[/quote]

LOL. Is Coughlin going to survive this? They just looked lost on defense last night.

skinsfan69 11-29-2011 09:28 AM

Not surprising w/ Del Rio. His days were numbered.

Jontrem 11-29-2011 09:32 AM

Coughlin has to be gone after this season right? I think Coughlin and Reed are both in serious trouble.

MTK 11-29-2011 10:26 AM

[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/29/suh-suspended-two-games/]Suh suspended two games | ProFootballTalk[/url]

Ruhskins 11-29-2011 10:31 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;863896]LOL. Is Coughlin going to survive this? They just looked lost on defense last night.[/quote]

I hate to say this, but I never count the Giants out. Bill Simmons wrote this last week, and it wouldn't surprise me if something close to it happens over the next couple of weeks:

"I can see it now … [B]after the Giants get slaughtered on Monday night in New Orleans[/B], everyone writes them off and starts saying, "It's finally over for Tom Coughlin" … only just when we're almost done shoveling dirt on them, they make Mercury Morris' year by ending Green Bay's undefeated streak at home in Week 13, then they upset Dallas in Dallas on Sunday night, followed by everyone saying, "You can never count out the Giants, when will we learn?" … only they promptly blow their Week 15 home game against the Redskins as 10-point favorites, everyone jumps off their bandwagon again … and of course, they upset the Jets in a "road" game in Week 16, and suddenly, they're heading into the final week only needing to beat Dallas at home to (improbably) win the NFC East. The Giants are like Rowdy Roddy Piper: Every time you think you know the answers, they change the questions, right?"

And of course this already happened.

NC_Skins 11-29-2011 10:56 AM

I'm shocked Norv Turner isn't being fired along with Rio. He should have been fired years ago. With all that talent and still unable to do squat. The guy is a great offensive coordinator but a lousy head coach.

Ruhskins 11-29-2011 10:58 AM

[quote=NC_Skins;863926]I'm shocked Norv Turner isn't being fired along with Rio. He should have been fired years ago. With all that talent and still unable to do squat. The guy is a great offensive coordinator but a lousy head coach.[/quote]

Norv and AJ Smith should both be fired.

MTK 11-29-2011 11:06 AM

Barring a miracle turnaround Norv is definitely going to get canned at the end of the year.

NC_Skins 11-29-2011 11:06 AM

[quote=Ruhskins;863928]Norv and AJ Smith should both be fired.[/quote]

AJ Smith is brilliant and a idiot all at the same time. I don't get this guy. He drafts great, but allows his ego to hinder the team.

-Drafts Drew Brees and turns around and lets him walk for nothing.
-Low balls his best WR, demands a 1st rounder in trades, and then turns around and franchises the guy the following year and paying him the kind of money he didn't want to the previous year.
-fires the Mary Schottenheimer after a 14-2 season.
-Allows Michael Turner to walk for nothing and didn't resign him.

There are many more head scratching moves, but these stand out the most to me.

skinsfaninok 11-29-2011 11:26 AM

I don't think coughlin will be fired but Norv is gone

Giantone 11-29-2011 12:14 PM

The Giants will never fire Coughlin silly men!!! If he goes he will retire and either Cowher or Fisher will come in.The Giants had just given him(coughlin) a one year extentsion.I actually beleive Coughlin has done a decent job this year with the little he has had to work with and I'm not a fan.

freddyg12 11-29-2011 12:41 PM

[QUOTE=Giantone;863959]The Giants will never fire Coughlin silly men!!! If he goes he will retire and either Cowher or Fisher will come in.The Giants had just given him(coughlin) a one year extentsion.[B]I actually beleive Coughlin has done a decent job this year with the little he has had to work with and I'm not a fan.[/[/B]QUOTE]

Certainly at the beginning of the year that team had injuries piling up. They've gotten healthier though haven't they? The last two weeks are going to seriously test him, they've been pretty bad.

Lotus 11-29-2011 01:23 PM

[quote=Mattyk;863914][url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/29/suh-suspended-two-games/]Suh suspended two games | ProFootballTalk[/url][/quote]

That suspension is well deserved.

Lotus 11-29-2011 01:24 PM

[quote=Giantone;863959]The Giants will never fire Coughlin silly men!!! If he goes he will retire and either Cowher or Fisher will come in.[B]The Giants had just given him(coughlin) a one year extentsion.[/B]I actually beleive Coughlin has done a decent job this year with the little he has had to work with and I'm not a fan.[/quote]

A one year extension. What a vote of confidence!

skinsfaninok 11-29-2011 01:57 PM

Again another reason to say no to Leinart but what does Houston do now???

Favre watch!!

NC_Skins 11-29-2011 02:05 PM

[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Indiana-TV-station-wouldn-8217-t-show-the-Colts?urn=nfl-wp12732]Indiana TV station wouldn’t show the Colts on Sunday - Shutdown Corner - NFL*Blog - Yahoo! Sports[/url]

[quote]What was going to happen, the Colts winning a game? Right. Might as well keep a camera on the walrus at the local zoo, just in case he decides to sprout wings, take flight and birth a litter of Australian sheep dogs at 4,000 feet.[/quote]

:laughing-

Dirtbag59 11-29-2011 02:06 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;864016]Again another reason to say no to Leinart but what does Houston do now???

Favre watch!![/quote]

I didn't want Leinart anyway after I saw what he was doing before the injury. That 4.4 ypa average just confirmed that he's still captain checkdown and that was with a healthy Andre Johnson and Arian Foster. No thanks.

SmootSmack 11-29-2011 03:47 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;864018][url=http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Indiana-TV-station-wouldn-8217-t-show-the-Colts?urn=nfl-wp12732]Indiana TV station wouldn’t show the Colts on Sunday - Shutdown Corner - NFL*Blog - Yahoo! Sports[/url]
[/quote]

And they fired defensive coordinator Larry Coyer. Plus have benched Painter for Dan Orlovsky

Orlovsky, of course, has the chance to play on two 0-16 teams in his career if the Colts continue their losing ways

MTK 11-29-2011 03:47 PM

[quote=Lotus;863998]That suspension is well deserved.[/quote]

Yeah no doubt, & he definitely needs some anger management counseling.

GridIron26 11-29-2011 04:57 PM

Texans just signed Delhomme

Giantone 11-29-2011 05:11 PM

[quote=freddyg12;863967][QUOTE=Giantone;863959]The Giants will never fire Coughlin silly men!!! If he goes he will retire and either Cowher or Fisher will come in.The Giants had just given him(coughlin) a one year extentsion.[B]I actually beleive Coughlin has done a decent job this year with the little he has had to work with and I'm not a fan.[/[/B]QUOTE]

Certainly at the beginning of the year that team had injuries piling up. They've gotten healthier though haven't they? .[/quote]

....no. they have'nt. Bradshaw , Boley Manningham and the starting left tackel all out, above and beyond the others.

P.S

....just want to add Osi to the list sprained ankel (2nd quarter)..out about 3-4 weeks

Giantone 11-29-2011 05:13 PM

[quote=Mattyk;864062]Yeah no doubt, & he definitely needs some anger management counseling.[/quote]

....should have been longer.

sandtrapjack 11-29-2011 05:26 PM

[quote=Jontrem;863898]Coughlin has to be gone after this season right? I think Coughlin and Reed are both in serious trouble.[/quote]
Coughlin won't be going anywhere. Theres a distinct difference between these 2 coaches in that one of them still has his locker room and from all indications the other has lost his.

Reid stands a better chance of losing his job than Coughlin. Coughlin has been beset by injuries since day one of a fast track training camp and many would say he has actually overachieved in spite of those injuries.

Reid has had to deal with the failure of all those off-season signings. he has to deal with DeSean Jackson wanting a new contract, only to see Mike Vick get a 100 million dollar deal right in front of him. Jackson has become a locker room cancer to a degree.

CultBrennan59 11-29-2011 07:07 PM

should I start Roy Helu against the Jets defense or Michael Turner against the Texans defense?

NC_Skins 11-29-2011 08:42 PM

[quote=CultBrennan59;864117]should I start Roy Helu against the Jets defense or Michael Turner against the Texans defense?[/quote]

Helu. Jet's run defense hasn't been good this year at all.

[url=http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&season=2011&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go]NFL Stats: by Team Category[/url]

Hail to the Redskins 11-29-2011 08:44 PM

Tidbit:

Ryan Kerrigan is 2nd in the NFL in forced fumbles with 4.

Tasty Nugget:

Tied with Kerrigan for 2nd with 4 FF... Saints Safety Isa Abdul-Quddus. If you don't already know about 'ol Isa by watching MNF last night... The guy is a rookie as well.. but he has exactly 7 tackles on the season... 7.

I think those might be the most impressive numbers I've seen all year... 7 tackles, 4 forced fumbles... wow.

JoeRedskin 11-29-2011 09:36 PM

Don't know if anyone else has seen this - New England is favored by 20 over Indi. Wow. That's just epically bad.

JoeRedskin 11-29-2011 09:43 PM

And BTW - I'm still picking NE and giving the points. Darth Hoodie is going to put the pedal to the metal for all four quarters just to grind it in the Indi fans' faces.

Brady: "It's the 4th Quarter with 5 minutes to go, everyone on the offense has scored two TD's and we're up by 172 points. You want me to sit for a few?"

Darth Hoodie: "Hell f'ing no!! First, some of the Defensive guys need TD's - we'll just pull the old 'Refrigerator Perry' run play to get them some. Second, I am going to show this bunch of goody goodies how you really build a f'ing football team. If you don't score 35 more points in the next 5 minutes, I am going to force you to stare at a 10' x 10' picture of my game face until practice on Tuesday."

Brady: "35 points it is Coach".

Hog1 11-29-2011 09:54 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;864140]Don't know if anyone else has seen this - New England is favored by 20 over Indi. Wow. That's just epically bad.[/quote]
Wow.....that's a college spread...

skinsfaninok 11-29-2011 09:57 PM

The colts will make it better than people expect they HATE N.E

Ruhskins 11-29-2011 10:17 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;864142]And BTW - I'm still picking NE and giving the points. Darth Hoodie is going to put the pedal to the metal for all four quarters just to grind it in the Indi fans' faces.

Brady: "It's the 4th Quarter with 5 minutes to go, everyone on the offense has scored two TD's and we're up by 172 points. You want me to sit for a few?"

Darth Hoodie: "Hell f'ing no!! First, some of the Defensive guys need TD's - we'll just pull the old 'Refrigerator Perry' run play to get them some. Second, I am going to show this bunch of goody goodies how you really build a f'ing football team. If you don't score 35 more points in the next 5 minutes, I am going to force you to stare at a 10' x 10' picture of my game face until practice on Tuesday."

Brady: "35 points it is Coach".[/quote]

One of these days, Brady is going to have a season ending injury while running up the score in garbage time.

skinsfaninok 11-29-2011 10:46 PM

The pats always run up the score, I will say if they were my team I'd want them too so I can't really trash em

Jontrem 11-30-2011 08:47 AM

Colts are insanely bad football team right now. Which leads me to two quick questions/points.

1) Would the Colts be better off trading the #1 pick to a team that does not have a first ballet half of famer already on their roster for a bunch of high draft picks?

2) If the Colts cut ties with Manning (no trade just let him go) would we want him here? That way we could draft a replacement (not a first round, we could use that pick on Oline or WR) and let him sit for 3 years behind the consummate professional and learn how to be an NFL Quarter Back the right way.

Two weeks ago I would have been 100% against scenario #2...now I am not so sure.

Alvin Walton 11-30-2011 09:11 AM

Josh Freeman is not a firearms expert.

[url=http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/22088/Josh-Freeman-injured-thumb-at-local-shooting-range/Default.aspx]Josh Freeman injured thumb at local shooting range[/url]

CrustyRedskin 11-30-2011 09:16 AM

[quote=Alvin Walton;864219]Josh Freeman is not a firearms expert.

[url=http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/22088/Josh-Freeman-injured-thumb-at-local-shooting-range/Default.aspx]Josh Freeman injured thumb at local shooting range[/url][/quote]

I dont think Plaxico Burress is either. NRA should revoke their membership privilages.

SkinzWin 11-30-2011 10:15 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;864147]The colts will make it better than people expect they HATE N.E[/quote]

I don't think the Colts have the personnel to make it better than people expect, regardless whether they HATE N.E. or not....