Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=64472)

punch it in 10-07-2019 10:26 AM

Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Well it is that time again, although this turn seemed a bit overdue. Gruden was terrible at calling plays, and terrible at selecting his staff. He failed miserably at selecting a DC. He was horrible at halftime adjustments. So imo he was the wrong guy, up against Dan and Bruce or not. Who will the next guy be? Who donyou want it to be? I cant stop thinking Urban Meyer. He isn’t currently coaching and Haskins and McLaurin are a draw for him.
Does it even matter though? Will DS and BA say all the right things about team control and than pull their strings from yachts and luxury boxes? Will the new HC have the insight to let DS know BA has to go?

Chico23231 10-07-2019 10:28 AM

Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

it does matter...you can get good coach to hide the blemishes of questionable Front office moves...

skinsfaninok 10-07-2019 10:29 AM

Posted in the other thread but:

Per Espn's Ed Werder

"The Redskins top 3 candidates are , Mike Tomlin, Todd Bowles , Eric Bieniemy"

SFREDSKIN 10-07-2019 10:29 AM

Fire Bruce Allen first!!

jamf 10-07-2019 10:29 AM

Doesn't matter.
Snyder only cares about getting a new stadium.

Chico23231 10-07-2019 10:33 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1233468]Posted in the other thread but:

Per Espn's Ed Werder

"The Redskins top 3 candidates are , Mike Tomlin, Todd Bowles , Eric Bieniemy"[/quote]

If true, disappointing...Eric Beniemy is the only legit candidate. Todd Bowles did not look like a HC, awesome coordinator, piss poor HC. He’s defensives weren’t good in NY and that’s a huge problem

skinsfaninok 10-07-2019 10:39 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1233472]If true, disappointing...Eric Beniemy is the only legit candidate. Todd Bowles did not look like a HC, awesome coordinator, piss poor HC. He’s defensives weren’t good in NY and that’s a huge problem[/quote]

I'm fine with Tomlin and agree on Bowles, no thanks

SunnySide 10-07-2019 10:41 AM

[quote=punch it in;1233463]Well it is that time again, although this turn seemed a bit overdue. Gruden was terrible at calling plays, and terrible at selecting his staff. He failed miserably at selecting a DC. He was horrible at halftime adjustments. So imo he was the wrong guy, up against Dan and Bruce or not. Who will the next guy be? Who donyou want it to be? I cant stop thinking Urban Meyer. He isn’t currently coaching and Haskins and McLaurin are a draw for him.
Does it even matter though? Will DS and BA say all the right things about team control and than pull their strings from yachts and luxury boxes? Will the new HC have the insight to let DS know BA has to go?[/quote]

1. He was not terrible at calling plays imo. Our passing scheme I think was top 15. When we had Cousins, DJax, Garcon we had a top 5 offense.

Top 5.

2. Did he ever get to select his DC? I personally dont think he had any say on hiring or firing Haslett or Manunsky.

3. Horrible second half adjustments? Not as easily defensible but if you look at the MASH O line unit we had to roll out year after year, no amount of coaching can make up for an O line of Penn-Flowers-Bergstrom-Wes Martin-Moses. Does he get any credit for coming up with a game plan that gave his over matched team a chance in the first half?

------------------------------------

Jay had to go, he is not head coach material and his time here had run its course. He was a glorified offensive coordinator with Allen/Snyder choosing his coaching staff and players. I think Jay wasnt fired last year bc he was willing to just cede control and take a back seat to Allen/Snyder making decisions.

I personally dont think its fair to lay any criticism at Jay for Manunsky. I think he has 0 say in it.

I really hope Jay identifies key decisions that he had no say in.

Chico23231 10-07-2019 10:43 AM

If Bieniemy would come over, I really wish a Front Exe would come with him cause they got several GM candidates within that building.

A guy im interesting in getting an interview would be Matt Eberflus DC Indy.

Ideally, Eric Beiniemy HC/ Mike Zimmer DC would great if Zim would be fired at end of year.

Chico23231 10-07-2019 10:44 AM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1233474]I'm fine with Tomlin and agree on Bowles, no thanks[/quote]

No way on Tomlin...he had overly talented teams and got nowhere. Would be a terrible hire

Buffalo Bob 10-07-2019 10:45 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1233472]If true, disappointing...Eric Beniemy is the only legit candidate. Todd Bowles did not look like a HC, awesome coordinator, piss poor HC. He’s defensives weren’t good in NY and that’s a huge problem[/quote]

Yikes, Bieniemy is 50 years old. I remember when he played for the Colorado Buffalos, that didn't seem that long ago. Can he bring most of the Chiefs offense with him?

jamf 10-07-2019 10:49 AM

Can we all agree that a new coach will not lead this team to the playoffs next year?
They need to purge the roster of Grudens kids (CT, Reed, VD) and look at building a solid roster before they put lipstick back on this pig.

DYoungJelly 10-07-2019 10:52 AM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1233480]No way on Tomlin...he had overly talented teams and got nowhere. Would be a terrible hire[/QUOTE]He had a top 3 oline, rb, wr, a good QB, and good dense and always under performed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

skinsfaninok 10-07-2019 10:55 AM

[quote=jamf;1233484]Can we all agree that a new coach will not lead this team to the playoffs next year?
They need to purge the roster of Grudens kids (CT, Reed, VD) and look at building a solid roster before they put lipstick back on this pig.[/quote]

It's not likely but it does happen, u have to wait and see what we have on the roster first

punch it in 10-07-2019 11:16 AM

Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

[QUOTE=SunnySide;1233476]1. He was not terrible at calling plays imo. Our passing scheme I think was top 15. When we had Cousins, DJax, Garcon we had a top 5 offense.

Top 5.

2. Did he ever get to select his DC? I personally dont think he had any say on hiring or firing Haslett or Manunsky.

3. Horrible second half adjustments? Not as easily defensible but if you look at the MASH O line unit we had to roll out year after year, no amount of coaching can make up for an O line of Penn-Flowers-Bergstrom-Wes Martin-Moses. Does he get any credit for coming up with a game plan that gave his over matched team a chance in the first half?

------------------------------------

Jay had to go, he is not head coach material and his time here had run its course. He was a glorified offensive coordinator with Allen/Snyder choosing his coaching staff and players. I think Jay wasnt fired last year bc he was willing to just cede control and take a back seat to Allen/Snyder making decisions.

I personally dont think its fair to lay any criticism at Jay for Manunsky. I think he has 0 say in it.

I really hope Jay identifies key decisions that he had no say in.[/QUOTE]

You disagree with everything I think made him a bad HC but agree he is not a good HC. Why do you think he wasn’t a good HC than?
For the record i dont know if he had full say on the DC but never read or heard anything saying he didn’t. I completely disagree with ur take on playcalling. Yes we had a good pass offense, but we had a solid quarterback and wr’s and still didn’t win. I remember plenty of questionable calls with that team.
As far as second half adjustments this isn’t just a current issue. It has been an issue the entire time he was here. Good oline or not.

Burgold 10-07-2019 11:22 AM

Whomever they bring in next,needs to tell Danny and Bruce that he's here to turn this team around,but needs time to do it and some players are gonna be out next season because they don't fit,I hope they actually do a real search and bring in a coach who has some idea of what he's doing and can lead as well as teach..it's gonna be a looooooooong off season!!

Redskins247 10-07-2019 11:26 AM

Anyone giving even a 1% chance that Allen steps down as President with his 1:00 presser?

Duffman003 10-07-2019 11:33 AM

The skins won't be able to get any of the top candidates, unless Dan pays a boatload of money. Decades of undermining and bridge burning make this organization one of the least desirable head coaching jobs in the league.

skinsfan69 10-07-2019 11:34 AM

It is obvious someone from the Redskins FO leaked those people they'd be interested in. They're going about it the wrong way. You need to be leaking possible GM hires, not HC hires. Or how about stop acting like drama queen bitches and quit leaking shit and just go hire a GM and get outta the way.

You can't have a hc come in here and try and have him go along with Bruce, Doug, the scouts. You just have to hire a GM and let him decide who he wants to keep and not keep. Let him hire his own coach. Everyone needs to have the same vision, talk the same language. This is where Dan fails miserably.

The one time they hired a GM they didn't let him bring in his own people and ended up firing him anyway. It's never gonna work w/ Dan ever. I'm more convinced of that then ever.

Buffalo Bob 10-07-2019 11:52 AM

[quote=jamf;1233484]Can we all agree that a new coach will not lead this team to the playoffs next year?
They need to purge the roster of Grudens kids (CT, Reed, VD) and look at building a solid roster before they put lipstick back on this pig.[/quote]

The offensive line needs a rebuild, who knows about Love and Guice, if Haskins fixed his footwork and learns to protect himself he will still be learning a new system. I will predict next year at 6-10 due to new growing pains.

mooby 10-07-2019 12:03 PM

We're on the same page.

Reid and Belichick are two of the top coaches in the NFL and unlike Belichick Reid's assistant coaches have gone on to major success in the NFL. Beniemy would def. be on my short list just for that factor.

Also Punch I agree, it would not matter because there are two guys at the top who know nothing about football and need to keep their noses out of it. I wouldn't have a problem with Allen if he'd hire a GM and stick to the business side, but he is an enabler for Snyder and we all know there are going to be times where Snyder wants to stick his nose in the football ops and tell the HC how to do things. Whoever the next HC is has to have total control over the locker room, and the coaching staff, and needs to work in tandem with the GM to build the roster. I'm not sure Allen or Snyder would be willing to give that up.

BaltimoreSkins 10-07-2019 12:05 PM

BA to Dwayne introducing him to new HC "Hey round hole meet your new square peg"

It doesn't matter

mooby 10-07-2019 12:06 PM

[quote=Redskins247;1233495]Anyone giving even a 1% chance that Allen steps down as President with his 1:00 presser?[/quote]

I'm giving a 1% chance Allen announces he's going to hire a GM and focus on the business ops because he's aware of how he's perceived.

That's what should happen. Instead it'll be the opposite, Allen is going to announce Snyder has trusted him personally to lead the search for the new HC.

BaltimoreSkins 10-07-2019 12:22 PM

[IMG]https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Oz6BUGHCuFHSYxumZg_iz_vRGhU=/0x0:3510x2664/920x613/filters:focal(1631x444:2191x1004):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/65408460/usa_today_9645808.0.jpg[/IMG]

This is BA and DS'srelationship except imagine a much smaller water bottle.

MTK 10-07-2019 12:23 PM

Broken record time, nothing is going to change until Snyder hires a proven GM and is given total autonomy.

We need a complete culture change here. It's been a clown show under Snyder and it will only continue as long as he has any input in the operation of the team.

sdskinsfan2001 10-07-2019 01:12 PM

I think Chip Kelly could really pull it together this 2nd time. Just kidding.

Kris Richard or Kevin O'Connell would be my top 2 choices. Richard at HC with O'Connell at OC is my dream scenario.

I'm open to other candidates. I don't like the Steelers but I do like Tomlin. Wouldn't want to trade pick(s) for him though.

Give me a defensive minded head coach if not O'Connell. We need some fucking toughness instilled into this team.

PorkSkins 10-07-2019 01:31 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1233468]Posted in the other thread but:

Per Espn's Ed Werder

"The Redskins top 3 candidates are , Mike Tomlin, Todd Bowles , Eric Bieniemy"[/quote]

I don't want any part of Tomlin. I'm iffy on Bowles, but I may be willing to give him another opportunity. It also depends on who he brings in as an offensive coordinator. Bieniemy is "fresh blood" when it comes to being a head coach, so I'd be willing to give him an opportunity.

Back to Tomlin...... I've always thought Tomlin was a "rah rah" kinda guy. He also comes off like a fake, tough guy in his pressers and on the sidelines. He benefited from the residual effect of Bill Cowher (and, in some ways to long time defensive coordinator, Dick LeBeau). The Steelers have been a well-run organization since around the late 80's or early 90's (particularly, when Cowher came aboard in '92), and Tomlin reaped the rewards from it.

I told several of my family members and friends, who are Steeler fans, a decade ago that Tomlin was nothing more than a cheerleader called "Coach." Some of those same folks laughed at me. Guess what? Many of those same people have been agreeing with me in the past three seasons.

PorkSkins 10-07-2019 01:34 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1233497]It is obvious someone from the Redskins FO leaked those people they'd be interested in. They're going about it the wrong way. You need to be leaking possible GM hires, not HC hires. Or how about stop acting like drama queen bitches and quit leaking shit and just go hire a GM and get outta the way.

You can't have a hc come in here and try and have him go along with Bruce, Doug, the scouts. You just have to hire a GM and let him decide who he wants to keep and not keep. Let him hire his own coach. Everyone needs to have the same vision, talk the same language. This is where Dan fails miserably.

The one time they hired a GM they didn't let him bring in his own people and ended up firing him anyway. It's never gonna work w/ Dan ever. I'm more convinced of that then ever.[/quote]

I agree with your entire post.

I'll repeat again: The only way it'll work is if we stumble upon blind or dumb luck. It'll have to be happenstance.

Giantone 10-07-2019 02:01 PM

jim Fossel.

Chico23231 10-07-2019 02:17 PM

[quote=Giantone;1233552]jim Fossel.[/quote]

Don't come in here making jokes G1.

Sidenote, where's sandtrap at the last couple weeks? something change or?

punch it in 10-07-2019 03:01 PM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1233554]Don't come in here making jokes G1.

Sidenote, where's sandtrap at the last couple weeks? something change or?[/QUOTE]

He’ll be back soon because they play the Jets this weekend. What a fraud that team is. They act elite, but never play elite.

Frost 10-07-2019 03:04 PM

[quote=mtk;1233514]broken record time, nothing is going to change until snyder hires a proven gm and is given total autonomy.

We need a complete culture change here. It's been a clown show under snyder and it will only continue as long as he has any input in the operation of the team.[/quote]

100%

skinsfaninok 10-07-2019 03:15 PM

Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan said he’s not ready to start rookie QB Dwayne Haskins. Said Wants him to continue building his game. Decision for Miami and time being is either Case Keenum or Colt McCoy.

BigHairedAristocrat 10-07-2019 03:19 PM

Don’t get why everyone is excited about bieniemy as an option. He doesn’t even call plays. The KC offense is 100% Andy Reid.

The only type of coach who could succeed here is one who, through his reputation, would demand respect by Bruce and Dan. Someone with enough cache that they’d give him total control of football operations and stay the hell out of his way.

I don’t see anyone like that you wanting to come here. Of the 3 names mentioned, only Tomlin MIGHT garner that level of respect, but we’d have to trade a lot to acquire him and I’m not sure he could even be successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruhskins 10-07-2019 03:30 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;1233566][B]Don’t get why everyone is excited about bieniemy as an option. He doesn’t even call plays. The KC offense is 100% Andy Reid.
[/B]
The only type of coach who could succeed here is one who, through his reputation, would demand respect by Bruce and Dan. Someone with enough cache that they’d give him total control of football operations and stay the hell out of his way.

I don’t see anyone like that you wanting to come here. Of the 3 names mentioned, only Tomlin MIGHT garner that level of respect, but we’d have to trade a lot to acquire him and I’m not sure he could even be successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Sounds the same when people get excited about Josh McDaniels, he's success is mainly because of Belichick and Brady. We saw what he could do (or couldn't do) in Denver.

skinsfaninok 10-07-2019 03:32 PM

[url]https://dailysnark.com/redskins-are-1-11-since-holding-native-american-blessing-at-stadium-during-name-controversy/[/url]

MTK 10-07-2019 03:39 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfaninok;1233562]Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan said he’s not ready to start rookie QB Dwayne Haskins. Said Wants him to continue building his game. Decision for Miami and time being is either Case Keenum or Colt McCoy.[/QUOTE]

FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SunnySide 10-07-2019 04:01 PM

Haskins will get plenty of snaps this season. Injuries to Colt and Case will happen and force the issue.

I would bet by seasons end, Haskins takes the most snaps among the 3 of them.

MTK 10-07-2019 04:22 PM

They need to be getting Haskins ready for Miami... WTF are they dicking around with him for? 0-5, season lost, HC just got fired, GET THE KID IN THERE ALREADY

rocnrik 10-07-2019 04:57 PM

You guys are on the mark for saying it won’t matter who the next coach is with Bruce/snyder in charge.. Case in point is haskins.. so The story is Jay did not want him but he was overruled .. Haskins does nothing in camp and pre season to convince Jay .. when he gets put in he plays bad .. Jay gets fired and the new coach doesn’t think Haskins is ready to play.. so are you guys siding with Bruce and snyder or do you think the coaches know more... my opinion is I trust the coaches more than the front office.. If Haskins can’t impress a coach to play him over colt and Case damn that means we blew a top pick yet agian .. and after realizing you guys are correct about Bruce and dan would that be a surprise...