Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who Donít You Want at 11? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=65011)

Chico23231 04-22-2022 08:01 AM

Who Donít You Want at 11?

Iíd say any of these QBs or WR Drake London.

KI Skins Fan 04-22-2022 08:14 AM

Re: Who Donít You Want at 11?

[quote=Chico23231;1315307]Iíd say any of these QBs or WR Drake London.[/quote]

I agree with you about the QBs. Why not Drake London? Would you trade the #11 pick to Seattle for DK Metcalf?

Chico23231 04-22-2022 09:10 AM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1315309]I agree with you about the QBs. Why not Drake London? Would you trade the #11 pick to Seattle for DK Metcalf?[/quote]

No because we got a guy we already have to payÖcanít do DJ too. We need a WR who is gonna be on a 5 year deal and a playmaker

Why not London? Kinda goes back to what Cooley use to say about WR, you need an X, you need to find a dude. A guy who is fast, get separation, beat his guy off the line and who d coordinators scheme around. London is an underneath guy, more of a big targetÖand some are saying could be a slot because you want to limit cb getting his hands on him. Thatís not first round material imo.

I could be wrong, but he worries me the most.

GridIron26 04-22-2022 09:16 AM

I don't want us to draft any QB, DL or RB. I don't care who it is.

I like London but won't be upset if we draft a different WR.

jamf 04-22-2022 09:47 AM

QB.

calia 04-22-2022 11:28 AM

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1315314]No because we got a guy we already have to payÖcanít do DJ too. We need a WR who is gonna be on a 5 year deal and a playmaker

Why not London? Kinda goes back to what Cooley use to say about WR, you need an X, you need to find a dude. A guy who is fast, get separation, beat his guy off the line and who d coordinators scheme around. London is an underneath guy, more of a big targetÖand some are saying could be a slot because you want to limit cb getting his hands on him. Thatís not first round material imo.

I could be wrong, but he worries me the most.[/QUOTE]

I like Olave if we go WR. Fast, runs many routes, good hands - itís like having another Terry and theyíll be really hard to defend.

But Iíd be happy with a defensive player - Hamilton or one of the top CBs. With lots of good WRs, we can get a solid albeit not transformational player in round 2.

I agree - no QB in R1 would seem to make sense at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mooby 04-22-2022 02:10 PM

I bet you Terry has been in Ron's ear about what a good compliment Chris Olave would be.

Idc who it is - the exception being d-line. No d-line please. QB, WR, anything but d-line.

Also forgot - no Kyle Hamilton. If you take a safety in the top 15, it needs to be an Ed Reed type. Free roaming centerfielder ballhawk. Kyle Hamilton reads like another Landon Collins type - which we already have a quality player in Kam Curl.

sdskinsfan2001 04-22-2022 02:15 PM

[quote=mooby;1315329]I bet you Terry has been in Ron's ear about what a good compliment Chris Olave would be.

Idc who it is - the exception being d-line. No d-line please. QB, WR, anything but d-line.

Also forgot - no Kyle Hamilton. If you take a safety in the top 15, it needs to be an Ed Reed type. Free roaming centerfielder ballhawk. [B]Kyle Hamilton reads like another Landon Collins type[/B] - which we already have a quality player in Kam Curl.[/quote]

Oh, man, why you gotta do Kyle Hamilton like that?

Chico23231 04-22-2022 02:41 PM

[quote=mooby;1315329][B]I bet you Terry has been in Ron's ear about what a good compliment Chris Olave would be.[/B]

Also forgot - no Kyle Hamilton. If you take a safety in the top 15, it needs to be an Ed Reed type. Free roaming centerfielder ballhawk. Kyle Hamilton reads like another Landon Collins type - which we already have a quality player in Kam Curl.[/quote]

I think both WR at OSU are in play.

My question with Hamilton is will staff say another safety in the second or third fill the Buffalo nickel roll as good or better?

Would Neal Tackle at Alabama fall? If so I would expect him to be the pick. Not likely.

Jameson Williams, G Wilson, CB Stingley Jr or S Hamilton. It will 1 of these 4

Meks 04-22-2022 03:04 PM

BPA

Pervis_Griffith 04-22-2022 06:49 PM

[B]Wouldn't[/B] want to draft any [B]QB or DL or RB[/B]

[B]Would prefer to draft WR. [/B]

Would be ok if we went Defense with CB or S, but really think we should snag a difference maker at WR (and praying we don't get "Josh Doctsoned").

sdskinsfan2001 04-22-2022 08:09 PM

Extend McLaurin sometime before the season starts and land Sauce or Hamilton. That would be my perfect off-season.

los panda 04-22-2022 09:13 PM

Kyle Hamilton or ideally trade down and get one of those top 4-5 WRs somewhere in the 20's and hopefully pick up another pick in the top 50 or so.

My math could be off

los panda 04-22-2022 09:15 PM

[quote=Pervis_Griffith;1315344][B]Wouldn't[/B] want to draft any [B]QB or DL or RB[/B]

[B]Would prefer to draft WR. [/B]

Would be ok if we went Defense with CB or S, but really think we should snag a difference maker at WR (and praying we don't get "Josh Doctsoned").[/quote]

I'm going to get my Malcolm Kelly jersey signed by Josh Dotson

calia 04-22-2022 09:37 PM

[QUOTE=los panda;1315354]I'm going to get my Malcolm Kelly jersey signed by Josh Dotson[/QUOTE]

And handed to you by Taylor Jacobs.

Redskins 2021 04-22-2022 10:28 PM

Hamilton fits two needs.

sdskinsfan2001 04-22-2022 10:41 PM

[quote=Redskins 2021;1315357]Hamilton fits two needs.[/quote]

28 posts in 5 months? Crank those numbers up!

Hamilton would be an awesome pick at 11. He's a top 10 talent.

BaltimoreSkins 04-23-2022 07:10 AM

[quote=sdskinsfan2001;1315358]28 posts in 5 months? Crank those numbers up!

Hamilton would be an awesome pick at 11. He's a top 10 talent.[/quote]

Still waters run deep SD. Unlike game day threads

[IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/13PMpiayBvKFck/giphy.gif[/IMG]

sdskinsfan2001 04-23-2022 08:44 AM

[quote=BaltimoreSkins;1315362]Still waters run deep SD. Unlike game day threads

[IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/13PMpiayBvKFck/giphy.gif[/IMG][/quote]

Haha I remember that cat 🐈. Good kitty 😺!!!

skinsfan69 04-23-2022 11:24 AM

If possible I would try and trade back and get another pick in the late first or 2nd round. I'd take one of the wr's if he was bpa later in the 1st round and then try and get a guy like Ridder later in the first or early 2nd. Hopefully they get a dance partner. That way I get another player for Wentz and also another young arm in the pipeline.

I used Ridder simply because I don't think he is an early first round guy but is someone who hasn't reached his potential. He may be the type that gets a lot better w/ NFL coaching. You need another guy in there in case Wentz does not work. I have always said keep 3 qb's.. One as your starter, a vet back up and a young guy in development.

Ohioskins 04-23-2022 11:26 AM

Willis. Not a Number 11.

KI Skins Fan 04-23-2022 11:39 AM

Some say trade down. Well, if we did trade down #11 could be a perfect position to be in to make the most of a trade down. If some outstanding talent should fall out of the Top 10, he might be just the player another team or teams would want very much. If he's a QB or a lineman, so much the better for us. I think we could pick up a mid to late first round pick, another second round pick, a mid-round pick and a late round pick.

Chico23231 04-23-2022 01:29 PM

Trade down would be a great move as the top end talent isnít good this year.

Picking up mult picks in second and third would be idealÖor a first round pick next year bc you got 2-3 outstanding QB prospects.

Pervis_Griffith 04-23-2022 05:23 PM

[quote=KI Skins Fan;1315366]Some say trade down. Well, if we did trade down #11 could be a perfect position to be in to make the most of a trade down. If some outstanding talent should fall out of the Top 10, he might be just the player another team or teams would want very much. If he's a QB or a lineman, so much the better for us. I think we could pick up a mid to late first round pick, another second round pick, a mid-round pick and a late round pick.[/quote]

I'm all for trading down too ...

In addition to a couple of picks in this year's draft (later 1st rounder, and a 2 or 3), it'd be nice to grab a 2nd in next year's draft, to potentially replace the one we gave up for Wentz.

Schneed10 04-23-2022 11:25 PM

Drake London scares me. I didnít see a guy who could create much separation from PAC12 corners so I donít like his chances to catch on quickly in the NFL.

Chief X_Phackter 04-24-2022 01:47 PM

[QUOTE]Who Donít You Want at 11?[/QUOTE]

Not any one player in particular, but no QB, no D-lineman, no RB, and no TE. Every other position is fair game if they have the player graded out at 11 or better. That said, I'm a fan of picking Kyle Hamilton, the best CB available, or trading back a couple spots and netting another couple picks.

skinsfaninok 04-25-2022 07:37 AM

[quote=Schneed10;1315382]Drake London scares me. I didnít see a guy who could create much separation from PAC12 corners so I donít like his chances to catch on quickly in the NFL.[/quote]

I'm not a huge fan of taking WR in the top 20, I'd rather have Kyle Hamilton

njant 04-25-2022 07:51 AM

trade down a few spots pick up a late 2nd or 3rd rounder and draft either olave ,wilson, london or hamilton

AnonEmouse 04-25-2022 12:28 PM

I'd say at 11 I don't want them drafting anyone other than a FS, CB or LB. Given the likely candidates I'd say grab Hamilton if he's there, or maybe Gardner if he's still there, but don't take a WR when there's depth at WR this year. If we can't get the guy we want on D at 11, then definitely trade back and get a WR in round 2. If we could trade back 4-8 spots and still get Hamilton, Stingley or Lloyd plus an extra pick or 2, I'd say that would be a really good deal.

BaltimoreSkins 04-25-2022 02:03 PM

I really don't want a defensive player. While there are great players defensive performance is too variable and offenses controlling pace of game key defensive pieces can be neutralized. Passing offense is the most efficient part of the game for current NFL teams. That is what I'd prefer.

MTK 04-25-2022 02:13 PM

I'm fine with Hamilton or a WR at 11. Anything else is going to be a surprise.

sdskinsfan2001 04-25-2022 02:18 PM

Hamilton, Gardner, or Lloyd I'd be happy with on D.

Or best available player on offense. Would be fine with any position if the player has a chance to be elite.

skinsfaninok 04-25-2022 03:21 PM

Keim says he is hearing Drake London or Kyle HAMILTON

skinsfan69 04-25-2022 05:38 PM

Idk much about Hamilton other than he's a big physical guy. All I care about now when it comes to drafting a safety is can he cover? Cause that is the league now. I really don't want a box safety. Or at least not one in the first round. Can you line up across from all of the athletic TE's and cover? If you can't do that then no point in drafting a safety in the first round.

vallin21 04-25-2022 05:41 PM

[quote=Chico23231;1315307]Iíd say any of these QBs or WR Drake London.[/quote]

Iím with you on Drake London. (In my opinion) heís the fourth best WR in the draft behind Wilson, Williams, and Olave.

skinsfan69 04-25-2022 05:42 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;1315386]Not any one player in particular, but no QB, no D-lineman, no RB, and no TE. Every other position is fair game if they have the player graded out at 11 or better. That said, I'm a fan of picking Kyle Hamilton, the best CB available, or trading back a couple spots and netting another couple picks.[/quote]

Why wouldn't d-line or TE be on the table at 11?

Chief X_Phackter 04-25-2022 06:01 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;1315422]Why wouldn't d-line or TE be on the table at 11?[/quote]

There is no TE in this draft worthy of the #11 pick.

D-line is probably the strongest position group. I am not a fan of using the #11 pick to address the strongest position group.

I think we're good at DE - definitely have other pressing needs.

Could use some depth at DL, and I wouldn't be opposed to drafting for depth in the later rounds, but definitely not at #11.

MTK 04-25-2022 09:07 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfan69;1315420]Idk much about Hamilton other than he's a big physical guy. All I care about now when it comes to drafting a safety is can he cover? Cause that is the league now. I really don't want a box safety. Or at least not one in the first round. Can you line up across from all of the athletic TE's and cover? If you can't do that then no point in drafting a safety in the first round.[/QUOTE]

He can cover just fine

[url]https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/kyle-hamilton/dohC9Wztil[/url]

calia 04-26-2022 01:24 AM

[QUOTE=vallin21;1315421]Iím with you on Drake London. (In my opinion) heís the fourth best WR in the draft behind Wilson, Williams, and Olave.[/QUOTE]

I like Olave. Check out the video blurb on his training regimen in nfl.com. Really impressive and seems grounded. My guess is that they pick Hamilton and get a WR later given the depth in this WR class.

KI Skins Fan 04-26-2022 05:58 AM

FWIW, I saw a site that claimed to have the inside information on the #11 pick. According to this site, five players are under consideration, in this order: WR Drake London, S/LB Kyle Hamilton, WR Jameson Williams, WR Garret Wilson, and WR Chris Olave. If none of these players is on the board, then they will attempt to trade down.