Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RGIII= leadership (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=50741)

CASKINS 12-09-2012 10:00 PM

RGIII= leadership

Did anyone else feel like our Quarterback even after he was injured may have changed the way our team is going to play the game and look at the game? The fact that he went down came out the game a play then when back in who else thinks that shot our team full of energy and just changed the culture that we have been seeing in D.C.?

Kope 12-09-2012 10:35 PM

Re: RGIII= leadership

I think the fact he started running the ball after the drops and sacks started happening in the 4th quarter. I think he said to himself "We need a spark and I have to give it"

And I absolutly agree with the title of this thread. His leadership is more important than all his other traits combined. This is what we have been missing for 20 years.

WaldSkins 12-09-2012 10:42 PM

Do we really need another rg3 thread?

SmootSmack 12-09-2012 10:58 PM

I think RG3 has been great, but don't think him coming back for a play was "inspiring" necessarily

SFREDSKIN 12-09-2012 11:05 PM

We know RGIII has the passion, drive and heart of a winner. unfortunately it clouded his thinking as him coming back in could have been devastating, especially when we saw him crawling.

SCRedskinsFan 12-09-2012 11:08 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;973633]I think RG3 has been great, but don't think him coming back for a play was "inspiring" necessarily[/quote]

Well it was more than one play and he did complete a couple of passes. I'm actually old enough to have watched Willis Reed limp into the arena to inspire the Knicks many, many years ago. So there's that.

However, RG3 should never have been allowed back into the game and I blame the coaches for that. No question the booth saw how severely the knee was extended and you just don't expose the franchise to additional damage.

No blame on RG there, the competitor will always try to compete, it's what makes him who he is... Good for us -- it sounds like it could have been a whole lot worse.

ethat001 12-09-2012 11:38 PM

I was inspired to see him limping out 20 yard passes, but I agree, the coaches should have pulled him at that point.

1) Glad to disprove all the nay-sayers that said Cousins was a wasted 4th round pick. He just gave us a chance for the playoffs. Rexy would have thrown it right at the defender for the INT.

2) RG3 should have slid instead of going for the extra 2-3 yards & taking the Ngata hit.. He's got to learn.

skinsfaninok 12-10-2012 12:18 AM

We have gotten lucky with him taking these hits. He's such a great leader and player! We r so lucky to have him and no way should we trade KC, never let talent go that easily.

Kope 12-10-2012 12:25 AM

As I said above, the reason he was running to get a first down to begin with is we had drops on third down, protection failures for most of the fourth quarter and couldnt get out past our 20.

I know this is against the common wisdom - but I think right now- !@#$ sliding - is what this team needs. He can slide when he has trained the rest of the team how to win. Yes he needs to be smart about it, but damn it we have been waiting 20 years for a player to start the winning tradition back again - This kid reminds me of Joey T playing with his teeth knocked out, of Mike Nelms kick returns, of Gary Clark crossing the middle - the fight those guys had I mean. I for one, am going to trust Robert will continue to get safer as he gets better, but I love the fact that the leader of our team is a fighter.

I know all the arguments about playing it safe; but there are times in life where you have take risks, and yes it scares me a bit. and two years from now will be different. But right here, Right now, this is what is needed.

Sorry for the long post HTTR =D

VegasSkinsFan 12-10-2012 12:53 AM

[QUOTE=Kope;973665]As I said above, the reason he was running to get a first down to begin with is we had drops on third down, protection failures for most of the fourth quarter and couldnt get out past our 20.

I know this is against the common wisdom - but I think right now- !@#$ sliding - is what this team needs. He can slide when he has trained the rest of the team how to win. Yes he needs to be smart about it, but damn it we have been waiting 20 years for a player to start the winning tradition back again - This kid reminds me of Joey T playing with his teeth knocked out, of Mike Nelms kick returns, of Gary Clark crossing the middle - the fight those guys had I mean. I for one, am going to trust Robert will continue to get safer as he gets better, but I love the fact that the leader of our team is a fighter.

I know all the arguments about playing it safe; but there are times in life where you have take risks, and yes it scares me a bit. and two years from now will be different. But right here, Right now, this is what is needed.

Sorry for the long post HTTR =D[/QUOTE]

Great post. I agree with this completely. I know he needs to stay healthy and long term both during football and after his career is done is more important than any game. Damn though sometimes you have to gut it out and show the rest of the team what's expected. The thing that speaks volumes to me is how his lineman were ready to help him off the field. This game was such a statement that is going to have long term implications for us.

CultBrennan59 12-10-2012 01:52 AM

I was hoping that after he threw that 20 yard strike that he's OL would atleast Byron Leftwich him (carry him on their shoulders)

EDIT:

BTW if I'm Mike Shanahan I'm making RG3 wear a knee brace next week, next month, next year, and the rest of his NFL career. It helps a lot from future injuries, and next time Griffin plays (won't surprise me if he plays next week..[Shanahan is going to milk it out as much as possible if he plays or doesn't play])
Griffin is going to rush it coming back when he has a strain or possible tears in some of his 'less' important knee ligaments. I'm worried he'll pull what Dennis Dixon did at Oregon a few years ago.

For those that don't remember, Dixon was a Heisman hopeful and suffered a sprained ACL and/or MCL. He took about a week off (I'm guessing here) and came back to play. When he did, he planted his leg, and his knee buckled as his leg went in one direction and his lower leg went in another direction. He ultimately ended up tearing his already hurt knee by rushing it.

[YT]PzpOEdUdoM4[/YT]

Bottom line; Rest RG3, Rest it up. We need you for the future, more than we need you right now.

Gary84Clark 12-10-2012 07:33 AM

This is the playoffs. RG3 is not gonna miss this. If we donlt win what will he be healthy for?

MTK 12-10-2012 08:32 AM

Much like the concussion situation earlier in the year, if he's cleared to play, he'll be in there.

milellie111 12-10-2012 09:04 AM

[quote=Kope;973665]As I said above, the reason he was running to get a first down to begin with is we had drops on third down, protection failures for most of the fourth quarter and couldnt get out past our 20.

Sorry for the long post HTTR =D[/quote]

Exactly. All of this crap about sliding is understandable if we were 12-2 with homefield advantage clinched in the playoffs. But we're a 7-6 team currently fighting to get in the playoffs. At the end of the day this is football. RG3 wants to win and you can't tell a bunch of hungry athletic rookies to "lay down" or play it safe because they just won't. They are hungry, they are competitive, they have one goal in mind and they are willing to lay it all out on the line. Tough hard nose hard hitting football, QB's are not exempt given the circumstances. You want a fearless leader like that, it clearly trickles down to how the rest of the team plays including the defense. Players full know the risks of them having a career ending injury in the game even WITHOUT ever being touched. Let the boy play his game and stop trying to "throttle him back" as he just might will us to a championship with his fearless attitude. I'd rather have an RG3 who will use his instincts and dive an extra yard for a game changing first down to send us to the playoffs rather than a chicken little who will lay down and take a sack shell shocked because he's been "trained" to slide.

Gary84Clark 12-10-2012 09:30 AM

RG3 = passion.

artmonkforhallofamein07 12-10-2012 10:05 AM

RG3 = What Mike, Kyle, The Redskins Players, and Redskins Nation needed.

What else can you say about him. MVP MVP MVP MVP

artmonkforhallofamein07 12-10-2012 10:06 AM

At the last game of the year against Dallas, I will be there. I will lead the MVP chants. Three more wins and we are in, three more wins and we are in, three more wins and we are in. Just keep winning.

Evilgrin 12-10-2012 10:10 AM

I think him supporting Cousins was more important then going in/out of the game.

el.jeffe58 12-10-2012 10:28 AM

[quote=Gary84Clark;973711]RG3 = passion.[/quote]

Well said, the man is pure inspiration for me. I feel grateful we can experience him.

SouperMeister 12-10-2012 01:14 PM

[quote=ethat001;973654]I was inspired to see him limping out 20 yard passes, but I agree, the coaches should have pulled him at that point.

1) [B]Glad to disprove all the nay-sayers that said Cousins was a wasted 4th round pick. He just gave us a chance for the playoffs. [/B] Rexy would have thrown it right at the defender for the INT.

2) RG3 should have slid instead of going for the extra 2-3 yards & taking the Ngata hit.. He's got to learn.[/quote]I was one of those naysayers, and will gladly eat hot crow pie! Cousins was known for clutch finishes in college, and he was incredibly cool staring down 2nd and 20, and making two great throws to complete the drive. Gotta give Shanny credit for the Cousins pick now.

Pigskins 12-10-2012 01:23 PM

Stephen A said Snyder had to convince shanny to go and get RG3, anyone ever heard this?

CultBrennan59 12-10-2012 01:30 PM

[quote=Pigskins;973853]Stephen A said Snyder had to convince shanny to go and get RG3, anyone ever heard this?[/quote]

Stephen A says ridiculous things which don't have much basis to it; more on the speculation side. Sometimes he says stuff to stir up the pot.

firstdown 12-10-2012 01:36 PM

[quote=Kope;973622]I think the fact he started running the ball after the drops and sacks started happening in the 4th quarter. I think he said to himself "We need a spark and I have to give it"

And I absolutly agree with the title of this thread. [B]His leadership is more important than all his other traits combined. [/B]This is what we have been missing for 20 years.[/quote]

Really? So you'd take a no talented QB with good leadership?

Pigskins 12-10-2012 01:55 PM

[quote=firstdown;973860]Really? So you'd take a no talented QB with good leadership?[/quote]

Worked for tebow

CRedskinsRule 12-10-2012 02:04 PM

[quote=firstdown;973860]Really? So you'd take a no talented QB with good leadership?[/quote]
If the choice was between a talentless leader, or a blowhard talent, I would take the talentless leader. Teams rally to leaders, talent by itself doesn't win games.

But, it is clear that Griffin backs up his leadership with talent, intelligence and a desire to win, so the question isn't appropriate to this team this year.

Lotus 12-10-2012 02:10 PM

[quote=Pigskins;973865]Worked for tebow[/quote]

So far it hasn't worked so well for Tebow in the NFL unless you count leadership over the bench.

NC_Skins 12-10-2012 02:12 PM

[quote=Pigskins;973853]Stephen A said Snyder had to convince shanny to go and get RG3, anyone ever heard this?[/quote]

Stephen A is a idiot if he thinks that. A huge idiot. If anything, it's Shanny that has to convince Danny to sign off on a trade of that magnitude, not the other way around. Stephen A is a shanny hater to say the least.

Kope 12-10-2012 02:14 PM

[quote]Really? So you'd take a no talented QB with good leadership?[/quote]

No - I just think his leadership is the most important trait Robert brings to the team. Leadership = superbowls. Talent with out leadership = Jeff George

los panda 12-10-2012 02:15 PM

[quote=NC_Skins;973870]Stephen A is a idiot if he thinks that. A huge idiot. If anything, it's Shanny that has to convince Danny to sign off on a trade of that magnitude, not the other way around. Stephen A is a shanny hater to say the least.[/quote]snyder convinces the toilet before he takes a dump

Pigskins 12-10-2012 02:21 PM

Well I guess it worked for review when given the chance

firstdown 12-10-2012 02:46 PM

[quote=Pigskins;973865]Worked for tebow[/quote]

Teabow has no talent?

SmootSmack 12-10-2012 02:55 PM

I have. Believe LaCanfora is his source for that. I'll say it's not entirely true, and it's not entirely untrue either.

mbedner3420 12-10-2012 03:49 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;973889]I have. Believe LaCanfora is his source for that. I'll say it's not entirely true, and it's not entirely untrue either.[/quote]

So what, Shanny was interested and the nudge from Snyder pushed him over the top? Or was it a win this year or you're fired type dealie.

SmootSmack 12-10-2012 04:03 PM

There was no threat of being fired

skinsfaninok 12-10-2012 04:06 PM

I'm sure shanny wanted griff of course but maybe Snyder confirmed that he would be all in for trading what they had to

BigHairedAristocrat 12-10-2012 04:44 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;973889]I have. Believe LaCanfora is his source for that. I'll say it's not entirely true, and it's not entirely untrue either.[/quote]

As always, you both intrigue and frustrate with your ambiguity. Any chance one day you'll write a tell-all blog?

SmootSmack 12-10-2012 04:46 PM

[quote=BigHairedAristocrat;973946]As always, you both intrigue and frustrate with your ambiguity. Any chance one day you'll write a tell-all blog?[/quote]

I tell-all all the time...but it's invite only

punch it in 12-11-2012 01:16 AM

So some doctor on Espn just said RG-3 needs a few weeks atleast?

12thMan 12-11-2012 01:20 AM

I'd really like to see him rest up, but I know we're a different team with him out there.

I know there's a lot of talk about how dangerous Cleveland is. I think Cousins, with our running game, can manage Cleveland just fine. The defense, of all weeks, needs to show up big on Sunday.

CASKINS 12-11-2012 01:36 AM

[quote=punch it in;974114]So some doctor on Espn just said RG-3 needs a few weeks atleast?[/quote]

You trust ESPN after that RG3 Torn ACL post yesterday on twitter?