Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Debating with the enemy (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   More Waisted Tax Money 2010 Census (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=35572)

firstdown 03-09-2010 11:25 AM

More Waisted Tax Money 2010 Census

So I'm looking through the mail last night and I see that I have my 2010 census in the mail so I open it up. What I find is a letter telling me that they will be mailing my census form in about 10 days. Why in the he!! are they mailing me this instead of just mailing out the census form? Is the goverment really that stupid that they think its smart to pre-mail every house hold to let them know their census is coming? What a waist of tax dollars from a goverment that is out of money. They just don't get the problem and never will. Now that I think about it maybe its a stimulas for the Post Office sense they are going broke.

MTK 03-09-2010 11:29 AM

Re: More Waisted Tax Money 2010 Census

The [B]waist[/B] is the part of the abdomen between the rib cage and hips.

[B]Waste[/B] (also referred to as rubbish, trash, refuse, garbage, or junk) is unwanted or unusable materials.

;)

firstdown 03-09-2010 11:40 AM

What you think I'm going to start a thread without any spelling errors.

mredskins 03-09-2010 11:43 AM

[quote=Mattyk;671509]The [B]waist[/B] is the part of the abdomen between the rib cage and hips.

[B]Waste[/B] (also referred to as rubbish, trash, refuse, garbage, or junk) is unwanted or unusable materials.

;)[/quote]

Another example of [B]Waste[/B], firstdown.

Monkeydad 03-09-2010 11:49 AM

I knew it was coming from the TV, radio and internet ads I see every 10 minutes. (more waste)

You really have to be suspicious when the White House takes over the census and pushes it this hard.

I'll tell them how many people are in my house and that's all they need to know. It's to count people for our voting districts...THAT'S IT. Whatever else they're collecting is unnecessary and I don't trust them with it. After they took over the customer data in the car dealers' computers in the failure Cash for Clunkers program, they can't be trusted.

12thMan 03-09-2010 11:55 AM

Something about the parking lot that brings out the spelling bee champ in all of us.

firstdown 03-09-2010 12:10 PM

[quote=Buster;671532]I knew it was coming from the TV, radio and internet ads I see every 10 minutes. (more waste)

You really have to be suspicious when the White House takes over the census and pushes it this hard.

I'll tell them how many people are in my house and that's all they need to know. It's to count people for our voting districts...THAT'S IT. Whatever else they're collecting is unnecessary and I don't trust them with it. After they took over the customer data in the car dealers' computers in the failure Cash for Clunkers program, they can't be trusted.[/quote]

Well it might not sound like much but people have to remember that there are over 114 million house holds they probably mailed this letter to.

firstdown 03-09-2010 12:11 PM

[quote=mredskins;671524]another example of [b]waste[/b], firstdown.[/quote]
fu d&%@ h@*%

Lotus 03-09-2010 12:18 PM

[quote=firstdown;671500]So I'm looking through the mail last night and I see that I have my 2010 census in the mail so I open it up. What I find is a letter telling me that they will be mailing my census form in about 10 days. Why in the he!! are they mailing me this instead of just mailing out the census form? Is the goverment really that stupid that they think its smart to pre-mail every house hold to let them know their census is coming? What a waist of tax dollars from a goverment that is out of money. They just don't get the problem and never will. Now that I think about it maybe its a stimulas for the Post Office sense they are going broke.[/quote]

I got the same letter and thought the same thing.

over the mountain 03-09-2010 12:32 PM

i got the letter the other day. still havent taken it out of the mailbox.

is it really just a notice that the census will be sent out soon? dang, that does seem stupid to waste time, money and paper.

freak, im gonna claim a bunch of people.

Chico23231 03-09-2010 12:39 PM

[quote=mredskins;671524]Another example of [B]Waste[/B], firstdown.[/quote]

LOL hilarious....but great point firstdown

Lotus 03-09-2010 01:36 PM

When you keep money in a moneybelt, that is "waisted" money.

firstdown 03-09-2010 01:37 PM

[quote=Lotus;671597]When you keep money in a moneybelt, that is "waisted" money.[/quote]
No that's just gay.

drew54 03-09-2010 02:18 PM

I was quite shocked how small the Census was until I opened it up and thought the same thing.

saden1 03-09-2010 02:40 PM

It's a way to funnel some much needed cash to the post office. Or it could be that there is [URL="http://www.kyw1060.com/US-Census-Bureau-Explains-Its-Pre-Mailing-Mailing/6533512"]real benefit[/URL] to sending these letters:

[QUOTE]We actually get a 6 to 12 percent bump in mailback increase. And for us, having people mail back their questionnaire is really the most cost-saving measure. It actually saves the taxpayers $85 million for every one-percent increase we have in people who mail back their questionnaires."

For every household that does not return its Census form, it costs the Bureau $57 to send out a census taker. [/QUOTE]