Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Official Cut Day Discussion Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=24843)

WillH 08-30-2008 05:28 PM

Re: Official Cut Day Discussion Thread

I can't believe Mcmullen was cut. I swear to God if Kelly ends up sitting all season I'll flip shit, but I hope this means he's healing better then they have let on.

Some have suggested they may make a play for another vet wr, any idea who might be available after cuts? Why would we even bank on that when Mcmullen played so well for us?

As for Thrash over McMullen . . . that's a tough call. Based on this preseason alone I'd say Billy is the clear choice, but Thrash has been so clutch for us over the years, he is probably a consistent performer in practice, and he doesn't seem to be injured much, so I can see why he made it over McMullen, but I'm still upset to see him go.

I hope Mason makes it somewhere, he is fun to watch.

NM Redskin 08-30-2008 05:42 PM

No love for Thrash? His one of our best special team players. And if we cut him, that leaves us with only 2 WRs with true NFL experience, to run the WCO.

Darrell_Green_28 08-30-2008 05:43 PM

[quote=dall-assblows;469634]why is colt brennan on the team????? over devine??? devine played LIGHTS OUTTT. now that my friend is a headscratcher...[/quote]

I sure hope this is supposed to be sarcasm. Devine was what? 3 of 8 for 32 yards and 1 int? thats lights out?? that statement is a head scratcher if it wasnt meant as sarcasm.

skinsfan69 08-30-2008 06:05 PM

Here is what I don't understand. Devin Thomas has shown nothing all pre season. Put his ass on IR or do something with him to make room for Billy M. Billy M. clearly outplayed him this pre season. Makes no sense. Our situation at wr is a joke.

MTK 08-30-2008 06:07 PM

In all fairness to Thomas he's behind schedule because of injury. It's too early to bail on him for a journeyman guy like McMullen.

skinsfan_nn 08-30-2008 06:12 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;469643]Here is what I don't understand. Devin Thomas has shown nothing all pre season. Put his ass on IR or do something with him to make room for Billy M. Billy M. clearly outplayed him this pre season. Makes no sense. Our situation at wr is a joke.[/quote]

Man you really want Billy x 2, all kidding I would have liked to have seen him get a spot I think he earned it.

It could be they are thinking about bringing Reche back..... after St. Louis just cut two Ex-Skins? j/k

Jim Thomas of the [I]St. Louis Post-Dispatch[/I] reports that the Rams have [URL="http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/AB0C0AA114265082862574B5006FC259?OpenDocument"]made their cuts [/URL]and finalized their 53-man roster.

No big names were among the players released; wide receiver Reche Caldwell and cornerback David Macklin are probably the best known veterans who failed to make the roster.

wilsowilso 08-30-2008 06:18 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;469643]Here is what I don't understand. Devin Thomas has shown nothing all pre season. Put his ass on IR or do something with him to make room for Billy M. Billy M. clearly outplayed him this pre season. Makes no sense. Our situation at wr is a joke.[/quote]

If we put Devin Thomas on IR then who is going to return kicks to the 17 yard line and then crap his pants for us every game?

Darrell_Green_28 08-30-2008 06:19 PM

well duh thats easy... Tryon will

JLee9718 08-30-2008 06:21 PM

I ws rooting for Brooks over Frost. They both had good preseasons though, and if it's all even, you usually keep the veteran. But I know Frost's history, so hopefully the Redskins made the right decision.

CRedskinsRule 08-30-2008 06:27 PM

How do the guys that were kept stack up on special teams? was there maybe a tradeoff to keep brooks smith wanted certain st guys? i dont understand not keeping mcmullen

SouperMeister 08-30-2008 06:32 PM

[quote=BugelDisciple;469616]I wonder if Vinny's ego had a factor in the WR cuts. After the way McMullen played this preseason there is no way he deserved to be cut.[/quote]Billy McMullen was our only WR who had a firm grasp of the WCO. I would have cut Tryon before McMullen. With these cuts Thomas and/or Kelly had better step up quickly.

bertoskins2 08-30-2008 06:33 PM

[quote=NM Redskin;469605]Its official
[URL="http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Decision_Day__Wade_Among_22_Cuts_By_Redskins_19885.jsp"]Decision Day: Wade Among 22 Cuts By Redskins[/URL]
Matthias Askew, DT
Ryan Boschetti, DT
Nehemiah Broughton, FB
Devin Clark, T
Andrew Crummey, G
Derek Devine, QB
Derrick Frost, P
Horace Gant, WR
Curtis Gatewood, LB
Patrick Ghee, S
David Holloway, LB
Cedrick Holt, CB
Maurice Mann, WR
Marcus Mason, RB
Fred Matua, G
Billy McMullen, WR
Anthony Mix, WR
Matteral Richardson, CB
Danny Verdun-Wheeler, LB
Todd Wade, T
Tavares Washington, T
Byron Westbrook, CB[/quote]

fuck
richardson and mcmullen should be kept

Darrell_Green_28 08-30-2008 06:50 PM

wonder if Mason would be on his way to the Texans. i see they are having probs at rb there.

davy 08-30-2008 06:51 PM

You can virtually guarantee that the guy who gets the bulk of the carries and the guy that makes the most catches in preseason will both get cut. Seems to happen every year.

mooby 08-30-2008 06:54 PM

I'm disappointed to see Mason cut but as has been mentioned he was in a numbers crunch, with the depth we have and since he didn't excel at pass blocking he was expendable to the coaches.

I too am amongst the confused about our wr situation, but time will tell what happens. Maybe they want to see what happens with Kelly before they bring in another wide receiver. Other than that I'm not really suprised here, but I am glad Brooks won the battle.